WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2014

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    welcome Harriet,
    you will enjoy this thread..all the women are a close knit group and we love and support each other:heart:
    It sure sounds like you have your hand's full, but doing what is best for your grandaughter is a very noble thing.
    If I were in your situation I would be doing the same thing...
    Michelle - when I hit 50 I started bleeding like a stuck pig(TMI) so went to the Gyn,put me on something called Lysteda ,4 horse pills 3 times a day while on your period.. did that for about 6-8 months, then asked what the next step was, which was a uterine ablation.. had that done meanwhile had a ultrasound they said I had a 4mm fibriod..(little) so they did the ablation. that went well for about 6 months until I was in so much pain and doubled over went back to the Gyn,my regular one had worked the weekend and this was a monday so saw his partner,did a quick internal and when I went to sit up,well I will spare the details but told the girls that work at the office they would need a hazmat crew to clean up:laugh: soooooo,ended up having a hysterectomy... found a wonderful site called hyster sisters and got a ton of information.
    long story short once they did the surgery he said my uterus was the size of a 4 month pregnancy and there were fibroids everywhere. all I have left is one little ovary floating around.He did robotic surgery and after 5 weeks I found myself having to wear depends, had to go to urologist, he had nicked the ureter so had a stent placed for 3 months, taken out after that and have been hunky dory since..
  • luckyinlove2
    luckyinlove2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new people--Harriet since your post was last, I thought I'd say that your goals are great ones and pretty measurable--especially the waist size!
    Prayers and a virtual hug to those with trials and tribulations right now--seems like there are lots out there. Hoping the warm up we're having spreads to the east and south of us!
    Take care of yourselves and hope your day is wonderful.

Jeri in not so frozen NW Illinois:happy:
  • gmom316
    gmom316 Posts: 244
    Options
    I was told, during my c-section, that I had a pretty good sized fibroid. VERY heavy bleeding after my son was born. After exploring my options, I decided on the hysterectomy (also found Hystersisters). While I can't seem to lose a pound since, it's the BEST thing I could have done. It was SO worth the 6 weeks off my feet, the current belly bloat, etc.
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    gmom - I'm with you, the hysterectomy was the best thing I have done. After 2 c-sections (1st was an emergency) & the hysterectomy I have a huge scar but no regrets. I still have both ovaries so no hormones.

I feel better today then I have in a couple of weeks maybe over a month. So much family crap that knocked me off track but I feel I'm 100% back on track. I am getting up early and doing a 20 min wii fit workout every morning before work. Then I go to the gym after work for a really good workout. Still not sleeping but I'm used to that. My eating is better so I'm sure that helps too.

Sylvia - I would love to know some ideas for dealing with loose skin too. I'm sure I will have lots when I'm done.

drkatie - so very sorry to hear about your fall and your wrist. Take care of yourself and don't push too hard

Anyone hear from Pat/phoo? I haven't seen any posts from her in awhile.

I better get back to work, or at least pretending that I'm working :laugh:

It's finally warming up ...YAY

:heart: Sandy in ON
  • jfenner141
    jfenner141 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Kay - one more bra thought - I've seen a sports bra on line that zips up the front. It was in a plus catalog, like women within, though it did come in a wide variety of sizes. Perhaps that would be easier for DH.

Will look back at my January goals and see where I'm at later today. Have my endocrinologist apt this afternoon. She'll be happy about my blood sugars - 5.5 on the A1C!!! Yippee :happy: Last time I saw her, we cut my diabetic medication in half, so it's nice to see my blood readings have even gone down a little bit. The strength training and cardio are really helping even though I haven't lost much weight at all in the last few months (maybe 3-4 pounds). Still, the scale isn't climbing!!:bigsmile:

Be warm and drink lots of water :drinker:
    Jill in western MA
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I think I read all the posts, not sure. I'm not sure where my brain is today. I don't like my Nortryptilline at all, dram to much after starting it. I'm going to have to call he about it and get back on the Amitryptilline. I went to bed around 1 AM, just dremaed and dreamed, Finally got to sleep at 6, up every hour to go to the bathroom, not really sure why unless it was just because I wasn't sleeping soundly. Finally up at 11:30. Plus my nose and head feel awful.

I am to call my family docs office this afternoon to see what they have got done about Charlie seeing the neurologist.

Joyce, Indiana
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Talked my my family docs office and my doc says that this doctor is OK and it should be OK for Charlie to go to him. I need to call my neuros office anyway to see if I can get a medicine change and I will talk to the nurse about this particular neurologist, whether he is easy to understand, expertise in Parkinsons disease, etc.

Talked to her office, my doctors nurse says that all the doctors in the practice are equal and that even though he is very foreign he is easy to understand and is fine with you asking him to repeat anything. That to me means he may not be easy to understand. He writes down everything for you to take with you, which also means he may not be easy to understand. She said that they see a lot of Parkinsons patients in their office. My own doctor doesn't see patients on Monday and Friday, I did not know that, so she is very difficult to get in with. So since this appointment is Feb 13th, I am pleased that we will be getting something going pretty soon. Of course he still thinks the tremor is due to the pain he has in his shoulder and he doesn't have that appointment until the 17th. So he may not be to accepting of what this doctor says. Why are men so stubborn?

Nose feels better but still a killer headache. Guess it is time to take some Tylenol so I can enjoy supper. Also guess I should get on the bike

Joyce, Indiana
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,891 Member
    Options
    Hello to all: We got freezing rain and then snow last night. DH fell in the driveway this morning. He says he feels bruised but okay otherwise. I hope so! I had to work just a couple of hours today at the pools. The girl who normally comes in is from out of town and with the road conditions it was not safe for her to drive.

Margaret - I am with you, I really need to slow down my eating and be mindful of what I eat. I read recently that you should spend a few minutes just looking at your food to really appreciate the color and how beautiful it is and how it smells before you start eating. I think that is a good idea but I usually forget. :blushing:

Susan - Sorry for all the frozen everything and all the damage. Wow, what a clean up that will be!:grumble:

Meg - I think you probably got in a lot of exercise helping with that mess at work. We have lots of wet towels and bath blankets at the pools and I know how heavy they are. I am sure you burned lots of calories.:laugh:

Katla - I have used Dr. Andrew Weil's Healthy Aging book. It has an anti-inflammatory diet in it. He recommends a lot of supplements which of course he sells. I am not sure I agree on the need for all of those. I also had a two page list of foods to eat and avoid for inflammation from the Heart Hospital here in Sioux Falls. If you get on the Self nutrition data site there is an inflammatory scale for individual foods. My dietician recommended it.

Well must get busy with the last little bit of transcription I have. Healing angels to all who need them and congratulations to those with victories. Sue in SD
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Harriet: Welcome to a very supportive group of women. :flowerforyou: Let us know where you’re from. It sounds like your DGD is in a safe place with you, and is lucky to have you in her life. You’re right to take an interest in improving your health. She will need you for a long time to come. I’ve lost quite a bit of weight, but not quickly. It is a good idea to set your sights on a moderate to slow weight loss. You will be healthier and less likely to quit. This is a race between the hare and the tortoise. You already know who will win, so join the winning team. This group is a great cheering section.:flowerforyou:

Kalley: I haven’t seen anything from Pat (Phoo) since early December. I remember that her SO was going to be in AZ with her, but that is all I remember.:flowerforyou:

Jill: Congratulations on your excellent blood numbers and reduction of medication for diabetes.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Joyce: Take care of yourself. Let us know about your DH’s situation when you can.:flowerforyou:

Sue in SD: I hope your DH is okay after his fall. :flowerforyou:

I was the only student in yoga this morning for the second time this week, so I ended up with an individual lesson. I feel lucky. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: My teacher pushed me farther than I’ve gone before and it felt just fine. I did some gentle lunges and a warrior pose. I’m proud of myself for having gained enough balance to stay upright rather than falling over.:grumble: :laugh: I can feel those muscles now, though. They don’t hurt, but they’re noticeable.:ohwell: :flowerforyou:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

January goals:

1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Focus on fitness: daily cardio plus strength training a minimum of twice a week.
    3. Water: According to an article a friend posted on facebook, drinking water at certain times maximizes its effectiveness on the body. So I’ll try to follow these recommendations:

* 2 glasses of water after waking up - helps activate internal organs
    * 1 glass of water 30 minutes before a meal - helps digestion
    * 1 glass of water before taking a bath - helps lower blood pressure
    * 1 glass of water before going to bed - avoids stroke or heart attack
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    Susan. Congrats on doing the 30 day shred in the midst of all your disasters. I am impressed.

Skuehn48, take care of your DH. Falls can be rough. I speak from experience!

Joyce, take care and get some rest.

Jane, so sorry for the loss of your friend.

I actually worked from home today. Answered tons of emails and phone calls and watched a webinar from my recliner. I'll write up the summary later and send it to my teachers. Still in my genie bra. DH and I will have to extricate myself from it later so I can shower. That will be my exercise for the day!
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody; finally got a few minutes to read through the last few pages.

@Seasonsof joy: I don’t think the weather would be the most important factor in choosing a college. Just my opinion. :smile: (And if she hates it she can always transfer....) P.S. I grew up in the North, went to college and grad school in the South, and hated sweating. Go figure.

@Carol: recipe looks delicious.

@Kay: sorry about your wrist and hope you will be able to “relax into your limitations”. I second Gail’s method; used it myself after surgery. Or just a front-hook bra.

@Tina: hope you’re feeling better now.

@Sylvia: good that your granddaughters will be getting the help they need. I hope it works.

@Heather: recovered from the haggis by now? :wink:

@Joyce: I’m just getting into false lashes, for a concert or dinner out, though I’ve even worn some very discreet ones to work. Surprising how I always think I may have too much makeup on, and no one even notices it. Or my Partner just says I look great.

@Meg: that definitely counts as exercise!

@Jane: you’ll miss your friend; I’m so sorry.

I notice lots of people have colds (or something similar), low energy, and/or lots of snow. Hope everyone feels better soon.

I've been busy with work, eating is reasonable and exercise could be more, but still: measurements show I've lost about 5 pounds of fat and gained 1-1/2 to 2 pounds of muscle. My physical therapist even commented on my triceps! Never thought I'd type that sentence.

Good night to all,
    Cynthia
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Hi gals. Well it was a quiet day today compared to yesterday. I had clinical today at the assisted living facility which is always so much fun. The students participate in all the activities and even some people who never move on their own opened their eyes and moved around a bit. It was so cool. Much warmer here today in the low 30s but the wind is still cold. We are supposed to get snow tomorrow and Saturday…about time! We are really dry.

I guess today I am grateful that I am physically fit enough to be the head “flood fighter” yesterday!

Jenero: what a funny story!

Gloria: you just never know about kids do you? I wouldn’t understand that behavior either

Barbie: that’s nice that you are able to teach the class

Michele: I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed that there is no more of that bleeding!

Susan: holy cow what a mess! I hope you get all that taken care of soon

Heather: hope you get rid of that bug soon!

DeeDee: poor Noel! Good thing she’s a girl!

Liz: hope your appointment turns out well and drive safely

Jane: so sorry about your friend Thelma. I’m sure she loved and appreciated you

Yanniejannie: hope it warms up there soon!

Juanita: I think your analogy was great…this thread is a movie!

Harriet: welcome to the group!

Sandy: glad you are feeling back to your normal self

Joyce: hope your head ache is gone by now

Sue: oh I am so glad DH was ok after his fall

Cynthia: woo hoo tricepts!

Well DD#2 is yelling that dinner is ready so I am off. Take care to all and an extra hi to those I missed. Meg from soon to be snowy Omaha
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: DeeDee, I keep the last two pairs of glasses just in case I need them. I’ve always kept the most recent pair in my suitcase because it would be a horror to break glasses while traveling…….otherwise Jake and I donate our old ones.

:brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: JaneMartin, sorry to hear about Thelma….hugs to you:heart:

:brokenheart: Susan, so sorry about your pipes

:bigsmile: Katla, those are great ideas for Valentine’s treats:heart:

:bigsmile: Meg, I’m happy to hear that you’re back to normal work today after the ordeal yesterday……yes, you are more physically fit than you realized.

:flowerforyou: Harriet, you have come to the right place for the emotional support and encouragement that helps so much on this weight loss journey…..take it one day at a time and come back here daily and become part of our community.

:flowerforyou: I sent Pat (Phoo) a message awhile ago to say that we missed her. She is apparently having a rough time and feeling like a failure….here is the link to her profile page for anyone who want to send her a message http://www.myfitnesspal.com/user/phoo513/status

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: Jake is feeling so much better today that he scrubbed the “mud room “ floor and did a great deal of the dog walking because I had a two hour line dance practice in the afternoon to prepare for a performance at the end of February.

:heart: Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
    1461351h0otf8hco5.gif
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: 23,000 steps today ----

"The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT."
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Went out this afternoon and broke up and shoveled the packed ice and snow around the cars and a bit of the street in front of the driveway for the mailman's truck. That should count as some exercise! Oh, and our low was minus one according to the noon news...........simply unheard of. We had tons of blue sky and lovely sunshine and I swear the low 30's felt like 70 to me.

Michele.............Thought of you and what you wrote about people in the south being of the opinion that nature could take the snow away. We are mainly a military and retired military area.......... no one is "from" here. As I looked around my street, I realized the shoveled sidewalks belonged to people from Vermont, Michigan, Pa., and N.Y.............and all the unshoveled ones were people originally from farther south; not naming any of these, lol. But, it made me chuckle and think of how your opinion held, on my street, anyway.

DH should be back at work tomorrow. Schools will still be out..........these poor kids will be going till July. We did find a good Netflix series.........Life...a police dective show......not sure when it was on tv; didn''t watch hardly any tv for years when DD was living at home so lots is new to me. Anyway, enjoyed the entire series. I believe it was on 2 yrs.; DH liked it too.

Chased a small rat out of the birdfeeder tonight. Not a happy surprise for me.

Stay warm everybody!
    G'nite,
    yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Pat, here it is:
    Ingredients

1 cup non-fat milk
    1/2 cup plain greek yogurt or vanilla greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
    6 tsp. (30 grams) JELLO OREO Cookies and Cream Instant Pudding
    1/2 tsp. vanilla extract (omit if using vanilla greek yogurt)
    1/2 tsp stevia, to taste
    1 cup ice
    Instructions,In a blender add all the ingredients and process until smooth.
    Notes

Calories per 1 1/2 cups: 132.6, Fat: .06, Cholesterol: 2.5, Sodium: 257, Potassium: 260, Carbs: 21.5, Fiber: 0, Sugar: 16.5, Protein: 9.6

Thanks so much.i keep several Chobani yogurts in the fridge,using in a smoothie or as a snack anytime.Will check out the site you mentioned too.Thanks again! ....so nice of you to include the nutrition info. Pat in Ohio

Notes

Calories per 1 1/2 cups: 132.6, Fat: .06, Cholesterol: 2.5, Sodium: 257, Potassium: 260, Carbs: 21.5, Fiber: 0, Sugar: 16.5, Protein: 9.6

This is from www.peanutbutterandpepper.com and she has lots of awesome looking smoothie recipes there.

My smoothie was a little higher in calories because I dumped in a whole 5.3 oz container of vanilla yogurt. I'm guessing she measured from a large container. When making again, I will blend everything EXCEPT the pudding mix together first then add the mix. The Oreo chunks get smushed too much otherwise. And I used Dannon Fit and Light Greek yogurt.
  • jenero52
    jenero52 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good evening from the deep dark cold! I have to tell you that I am so happy to have found you all on here. I will not be able to keep up with the individual greetings and comments I fear but admire those of you who do.
    Harriet - you're going to love it here
    Had an exhausting 10 hr work day today. I had barely entered the house when I was handed the phone and told to call my mom. She'd phoned 3 times already - there is a "something" on her left breast. It's very small. They will do a needle biopsy. It will likely be a couple of months before there is an appointment open. We talked for quite a while and she is refusing to get "all worked up when it could be nothing". I agree with her and I just can't let myself go there and imagine the worst. She's leaving for California in a week - staying at my sister's vacation home. I'm going to join her for a few days during school break - some quality time and SUNSHINE will do a world of good.
    Stay warm
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Today I did 1-1/2 hrs of the "10 Pounds Down Slimdown" DVD with Chris Freytag. There are 5 segments of 20 minutes each. I did the total body, upper body, lower body and core today. Honestly, I probably won't do the total body part but I did want to check out that DVD to be sure it is OK. I'll do the yoga part on Monday

Tomorrow I will go to the deep water class.

Well, made a ginger loaf cake for the birthday of this one gal at the Y. It's sticking to the bottom of the pan so I'm just going to give it some more time to cool. If that doesn't do it, I'll make another one and use parchment paper on the bottom

Right now I'm making these chocolate bran muffins. Basically, its 3 cups wheat bran, 1 box low fat brownie mix, 1 egg and 1-1/2 cup water. Put in muffin pan & bake at 350 for 30 minutes. The nice thing is that I easily can drink 24 oz of water with one muffin. They are quite filling. I make them and freeze them

Oh yea, just took the ginger orange loaf cake out of the pan. A little bit did stick on the bottom, but it's still OK to give. I put the icing (confectioner's sugar and orange juice) on it, but only used 1/2 as much, I really didn't think it needed much icing.

The battery on one of Vince' cars is dead so he needs me to help him push it just a bit out of the garage, just enough so that he can pop the hood and put the battery charger on.

Since I'm going to be in the house most of the day and next Tuesday we're going to this one gal's house to play Mexcan Train dominoes (you need to bring something to eat with you), I'll make these bacon cheeseburger bites. They're only 44 caloris each. I found the recipe on Emily Bites website. You should see some of the things that people bring! fried chicken, the gal who always wants it at her house just heats up these appetizers (lots of sodium, fat, etc). I'm not big on desserts (although Vince is) so I usually bring something half-way decent to eat. Actually, before I go I usually have something at home to fill me up since I know that what people bring will for the most part be things that I really don't care for

For all you teachers and ex-teachers on here, my daughter just called to say that she needs to bring to school a breakfast food from her culture. Why do teachers do things like this? I know darn good and well who always winds up making something -- the mother. Or else they buy something. So what is accomplished?

jane - I'm so sorry about Thelma.

Nancy - hope you feel better and for what it's worth, I do hope your daughter goes to the AZ school.

Susan - boy, you sure have had your share!

texasgal - Bill Gates was saying that he didn't think it was a good idea to raise the minimum wage. The reason was because companies can either hire people to do the work or buy machinery to do it, thereby putting people out of work (and on unemployment). Raising the minimum wage might very well be the tipping point where companies would buy machinery rather than hire someone to work.

alison - good luck on those tests. You've sure been thru a whole lot . So glad that stent worked so well for you.

Heather - I do hope you feel better soon. You are one trooper, that's for sure

yanniejannie - when my aunt passed away a few years ago, she lived in northern PA What they do is have a service inside a chapel there and then wait until the ground thaws and bury all the bodies. I just never thought of that!

margaret - the bleeding seems to be getting lighter now. As a matter of fact, today was the first time I put on a lighter pad. Just hope this is THE END. Like I said, I think I'll just go with what he believes, at least for right now. But if this bleeding happens even once more, you can bet I'll be going to a specialist and getting every test imaginable.

Harriet - welcome! where in Chester County do you live? I moved from Kennett Square

Sandy - so glad you feel better

Jill - now that you mention it, I remember seeing bras that zip up the front, too. Great sugar numbers. the scale isn't climbing and you're on less med, how fantastic!

Joyce - I think you are probably on the right path, I'm afraid that that doctor may not be easy to understand. Good luck to you.

Sue in SD - I do hope your hubby is OK. You certainly don't need him down!

katla - I love private classes. Only problem is, if I have too many, the Y usually cancels the class because of lack of interest.

Meg - this may be somewhat gross to some people, but when I read your response to DeeDee about being glad Noel is a girl, the image of that boy in Christmas Story who gets his tongue stuck to the flagpole just crossed my mind. Can you imagine if a male dog got stuck?? Sorry...I just couldn't help myself

yanniejannie - a few years ago we got 10" of snow. The people who shoveled their driveways were people from the north, the people who have lived here all their lives remained religious about the snow. I kept muttering to myself "I didn't move to NC to shovel snow". But it was just that one time. Actually, this time Vince did go out and shoveled a few feet from the garage doors and around the garbage cans since it'll be a while before the sun gets to that area. But I know what you mean about how northerns shovel and southerners are "religious". A rat!!! I don't know if *I* would be the one chasing it or if *it* would be scaring me off....lol

jenero - good wishes for your mom

Michele in NC
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    It seems as though Michelle and I are always some of the last to post for the day.
    I love reading all the updates,it's a habit now.

Sue in SD- I spoke to my DH and he said our insurance is going to pay for a crew to come in and clean when all the construction is over. Trust me, it will be a deep clean cuz my friend told me plaster dust ruins stuff. It is so fine and penetrates fabrics, carpets, etc.

Joyce- My father has Parkinsons Disease. At first he was diagnosed with "essential tremor" however now it is all-out PD. Not a diagnosis one likes to hear but we do our best. For a long time he was functioning independently and in the past years the disease has gained on him, albeit he is elderly and that accounts for the rapid decline. He works very hard at walking and staying mobile.
    Cynthia- My daughter gets the false eye lashes and she has them trimmed back so they're not "butterflies". They actually look great and I was unaware that she had them. They last quite a while although she says sometimes she'll rub her eye and along come some lashes. Did you measure your body fat with a caliper or did you go on one of those body mass machines? I am thinking of getting a caliper because I know my muscles are getting firmer, my waist smaller, yet my weight has increased.:huh:

Katla- the reasons for drinking water, wow, simple stuff with great preventative power. I wrote those down to remind me to drink water! Oh and yeah! 30 Day Shred, it's hard but it's short...I like it a lot!

Michelle- Didn't Ralphie stick his tongue on a frozen flagpole in Christmas Story? BTW, Orange-ginger cake with orange drizzle frosting...OMG! Just the name makes me crave it! I bet it was fantastic! What spices did you put in it and was it dense?
    I make a really good carrot cake apricot preserves spread between the layers. It is my favorite cake.

Dr. KatieBug- Yeah, I did the 30-DayShred while all around me my house was in a cloud of plaster dust. I have stuffed towels at the bottom of the doors to keep dust out of the bedrooms!

Jill- Isn't it wonderful how responsive our bodies are? Your lab results are great and prove you are doing the right thing for what your body craves...good nutrition and exercise. Again, simple preventative measures have dynamic results! Congrats!

helaurin- welcome aboard! You will find great company with the ladies here. They are kind, sensitive and smart! Ask anything and someone will know the answer or at least have an anecdotal experience. Stay with us and let us know your progress. BTW, good job stepping up and caring for your granddaughter. A blessing in so many ways.

Jane- my condolences for the loss of your friend, Thelma.:brokenheart:

Good night everyone.
    Susan
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Marking my place for tomorrow. Have a good rest, everyone.:flowerforyou:
  • yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!!

Janemartin- I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend,Thelma. My prayers are with you.

I have read all of the posts, and as always have laughed-thanks, I REALLY needed that!- and have been amazed at how strong everyone here is! It really helps me stay motivated. IF my life ever slows down, I would love to post individual responses. It seems I can only find time when we have no school due to snow or windchill factor! I love what I am teaching, but it is really taking all of my time to prepare for classes.

Must get ready for work. I need to leave even earlier so I can take my daughter to work before meeting my carpool mate. My DD still has no car and doesn't look like she will any time soon. I love getting to see her several days a week, but this is taking about an hour and a half out of my day each time she needs a ride.This is time I could be exercising or working on school work. Need to be more efficient somehow as exercise it not happening very often and am always behind on schoolwork!! Can't we have more hours each day?!!

Stay strong and happy!!

Deb in CNY