Valentine's day coming...

Options

Replies

• drangonfly2323
    drangonfly2323 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Well it is my daughter's birthday so me and my little girl will be going to dinner and then the ballet. I never really celebrated the day before and now I do but not because its Valentines day but my daughter's birthday.

It's my baby's bday too :heart:

Your daughters have been put into the "Birthday on Christmas pool." Their future partners from here on out will combine their birthday/Valentine's Day festivities.

A lifetime of pink and/or red gifts...

Yes I know, she thinks its wonderful now but she'll learn. Me my birthday is 9 days after hers and it has never been separated. For her first birthday I refused anything even remotely valentines related.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Steak and a BJ... oh wait that's the month after. :ohwell:

that's kinda true for me.... my anniversary is in March :laugh:
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    singles' awareness day. i will be in my new apartment, curled up watching something of my choosing, with chocolate of my choosing, and flowers of my choosing. or at the gym. wearing black :)

YOU SHOULD HAVE A GALENTINE"S DAY!!!!! IT WOULD BE SO AWESOME!!!! ^__^
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    My husband has been gone since July - all I want from him is to stay safe so I can jump him when he does finally return home! :laugh: (a phone call would be great, but I'm not greedy)

OP, you can give your boyfriend a list of the things you're not happy about, but if he doesn't want to change you can't make him. He isn't some pet you can train or send to obedience class.
  • aoconnor3
    aoconnor3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sadly i dont have any for that day. Another VDay alone :(
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hello Dear All, for some people, valentine day is important but others it is not. I will just want from my boyfriend to do the list I will give him on Feb 14th. In this list, just there are some behaviors of him to change. what are your expectations from that day?

You cant be serious? I would say bye bye if I was given a list like that. What are you changing, or in your mind is it just him that needs to change because you are so perfect??

Valentines Day was embraced by the card companies /florists / restaurants to generate sales. It has become a huge marketing scheme to guilt people (especially men) into buying gifts and cards and going to overpriced overcrowded restaurants etc. They make women feel that if they are not receiving a gift that they are unloved. This is a bunch of propaganda.
    Please don't be sucked in to their greedy plan. You should not have to spend money on a specific day or change behaviors to show your love. Sure, celebrate your feelings but don't do what "the man" is telling you to do. Go to dinner the following week, buy flowers a week after, but please don't fall for their brainwashing. Its encouraging to see that some of the women here are smart enough to see through the sales pitch.
    End of rant.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I don't celebrate or believe in Valentine's Day.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I expect sex. All kinds and lots of it.

My BF took the day off work and we're going to spend it in bed. Yup. We actually planned a day in bed together.

Oh, and dinner. We're going to dinner but then it'll be back home and to bed again.

He wants to see if we can make it fall off :laugh:

FYI... Dinner can mean a man delivering pizza to you... in bed. Trust me on this.

Donuts.....I usually serve a dozen. While carrying juice in each hand.....

I'll have to tell him that's what I want for breakfast.

Are these the same Chocolate Donuts that came up during confession today?

I lol'd.
  • Wondergirll
    Options
    Hello Dear All, for some people, valentine day is important but others it is not. I will just want from my boyfriend to do the list I will give him on Feb 14th. In this list, just there are some behaviors of him to change. what are your expectations from that day?

How about Groundhogs day? Give him that list on Groundhogs day. And if you're still together, bang like bunnies on VD.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options

My BF took the day off work and we're going to spend it in bed. Yup. We actually planned a day in bed together.

Oh, and dinner. We're going to dinner but then it'll be back home and to bed again.

FYI... Dinner can mean a man delivering pizza to you... in bed. Trust me on this.

IN! for chocolate donuts. Not served by Jac...
  • anj1030
    anj1030 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    singles' awareness day. i will be in my new apartment, curled up watching something of my choosing, with chocolate of my choosing, and flowers of my choosing. or at the gym. wearing black :)

Call me...I will be your Valentines Day Date! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    My hubby will be coming home from a business trip that night, or the next day, and he promised me he'd bring me something, so looking forward to that:) Loving Valentine's day just like every other day I get to spent with my amazing other half!
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    "I will just want from my boyfriend to do the list I will give him on Feb 14th. In this list, just there are some behaviors of him to change. what are your expectations from that day? "....."I didnt mean expecting him change completely because I love him. I am sure there is something you do not like on your gf or bf so talking always can solve some problems."

I understand what you mean, but perhaps Valentine's Day is not the day to do that? Maybe you should give him a letter tonight or tomorrow, and then reward him on Valentine's Day for anything he has stuck with.

For instance: I love my b/f. He does not work right now, and is at home all day. So I ask of him to clean SOMETHING, ANYTHING while I am at work, so when I have free time I do not have to spend it all cleaning. But I could not tell him to stop being an a**hole, because that's not going to happen. Just like he wouldn't dream of asking me to stop being a b****, because he knows that won't happen, either. XD

As far as what I am doing? ON V-day I will be playing vid games with my b/f. The day before or after, we will celebrate with going out to eat and probably exchanging some sort of present. And chocolate. He has as big of a sweet tooth as I have.

However, I do not think that V-day is the only day couples should get together to show their love and affection for each other. I think it should happen often. ^_^
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options

I'm out.
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I totally expect to spend the same way I do every Friday... gym in the morning, work all day long, take care of my kids and whatever they have planned for their Friday night...

Then I'll probably watch a sappy movie... have a glass of wine... briefly feeling sorry for myself... then quickly realizing that it's really ok to not have someone... because honestly I am not sure I would want someone to give me a list of things they wanted me to fix about myself...

oh wait...and all the other bs that comes along with trying to maintain a relationship in this day and time...

awww... at one time I actually believed in love... now I just believe in independence and freedom... lol!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    My husband is deployed. So I expect to go to work and then come home and eat dinner/watch television.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

I'm out.

Also out.
  • RelevantKnowledge
    RelevantKnowledge Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I think we may go to a class and learn something new together. I'd rather have an experience than gifts. :smile:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I think we may go to a class and learn something new together. I'd rather have an experience than gifts. :smile:

I like that idea. Last year we went on a Manatee dive. It was awesome. But cold. Very very cold.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Oh.

Meanwhile I'll be alone because military says screw your Valentine's day for the third year in a row. Life is clearly fair.