Brides to Be

Options

Replies

• shellm3
    Options
    For those of us getting married tomorrow, congratulations, and of course you can join us! Maybe you can give us not only fitness advice, but also wedding planning advice!*LOL*

My wedding colors are mocha and violet. Everyone always says they're a weird combination, but if you look at my weight loss ticker, you'll see the paisley patttern that is the inspiration for the entire wedding!!!:-D

Shannon

I love those colors together. I am doing a fall theme seeing as though it is right before thanksgiving and all. I love the colors too. I am having yellows, oranges, browns, reds...so pretty!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    We're planning for March '11, but since we've been together for almost 9 years, we're not doing a big wedding: But, we're still going to do something that I need to look good for :happy:
    So far I've lost what I came on this site to lose: 20lbs. But recently I decided to push for another 10 before the Big Day. My exercise routines are paying off, BIG TIME & I think I can get in the best shape of my life & keep it that way for life. Since I've been doing this slowly, I've been rewriting my natural blueprint, and if anyone is curious to know how I did it, I'll be happy to share. I know this is really hard to do, I've been there, I'm still there and I'll be here for life. This is a lifestyle change, not just for a wedding but for Everything.

Congrats to all the Brides to be: I know it's exciting & to look Incredible on the Big Day is a definite Must; to STAY looking good AFTER the Big Day will be an even bigger challenge!
  • Nattiejean57
    Nattiejean57 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    ok people here's a question, how do you deal with the jerks that are trying to ruin everything (ok a little dramatic, but they are being really selfish and whiney)...for example, my MIL is mad that we're having our wedding in my parents backyard...well it's an absolutely gorgeous back yard, and my MIL lives in a one bedroom high rise in the middle of the City...or my SIL is raging because she's not in my wedding party...i don't even like her, why would she be in my wedding party? even my mother feels that I should have a hand-me-down wedding because she still has stuff from my two sister's weddings...i figure if i'm paying for everything myself, i should get what i want right?

I am getting married July 16th 2011 and am super excited! I weigh 220 and would like to be 150 by then :) So I need to get cracking. My colors are chocolate and light blue. Ok so i totally feel the same as you, its your wedding, do what you want and don;t worry about anyone else. In the years to come the people who tried to control your wedding will have moved on (and prolly have now tried focusing on controlling someone elses life) but you will remember not doing all things you want ed to do for YOUR wedding. We had to kick my SIL out of our wedding. I will tell you all the story if you really want to hear it but ultimatum we came to the decision we did cause it was what's best for our wedding!

yeah i want to hear it...after we asked our MC and my SIL lost her mind, my fiance asked if she wanted to co-mc with my best friend...total disaster, i wanted him to ask her to politely step down...she doesn't like me, and doesn't think we should be getting married (however i'm the best thing that's ever happened to my fiance lol)...so she's going to stand up there and lie to my face about how proud she is of her brother and how happy she is that she finally has a sister :sick: the sad part is, my original MC is the size of my SIL thigh, and my SIL is a heavy smoker, so she can't even laugh without hacking up a lung...it's gross...

Alright well i will try not to make this a book but my SIL is a very self centered person she has 5 kids with 5 different men(she started having them when she was 13 she is only 27) and will use the oldest (who is now 13) as her baby sitter, she brings different men in and out of theses kids lives all the time. She expects my husband to "family over everything" (which really means no matter what you are doing in your life you better drop it to help me cause the world revolves around me kind of thing) My fiance does not really get along with his family that well cause his mom is in rehab and caters to his sister every whim too. So my fiance is closer to my fam than his so he proposed during my fams 4th of july celebration well against my fiances warning I made his sister a bridesmaid. I worked with her and we were ok friends and she hated her brothers than gf and made their relationship terrible and was always trying to hook me up with him, well it ended up working after awhile and he is now my fiance so i figured i owe her (they only have each other as far as siblings go and if you knew her you would know she is never getting married) well one of my friends had video tapped the proposal on her cell so a month later i put it on FB, well my SIL made this huge deal about how angry she was she didnt get to see it first, she ws mad my whole fam was there and she wasnt, and how she wasnt being treated like family and how i would never treat my fam like this so i told her is she has an issue with who was there when he proposed take it up with her brother and if she cant make this wedding about us rather than her than to not be a part of it......well through out the months since then she has randomly test me being nice to me cause she wants me to put her back in the wedding but i havent so a month ago she calls her brother finally and whines to him about how i kicked her and all her kids out of the wedding, well he has my back and flat out told her that i never kicked those kids out and really i didnt kick her out either i gave her a choice and she needed to decide wether or not she could make this about us or if this needed to revolve around her. well the next day she text me saying we needed to hash this out and she told me she didnt think she did anything wrong and how we are over reacting and how she thinks she needs to be apart oif this wedding b/c its her brothers wedding so i told her that the bridesmaids are my choice and she was like bull **** this is his wedding too so i had to be mean and was like well you know what your brother didnt want you to have any part of this wedding anyways. so that was that and like a week later i start to see online that she is hanging out with my fiance's x, the one she hated sooo bad, she treated him like crap ****ed his friends and there landlord she always talked about kicking his x's *kitten* and now they are bff's they write one each others fb calling each other sis and family and stuff. It floors me how she expects us to treat her like fmaily but she doesnt think she needs to act like it. What kind of a sister does things like that to her brother? So now I am just done w/ her. I dont even want to be around her for the holidays or anything. My biggest dilema now is that her kids were all apart our wedding and i am worried she will pull them at the last minute just to get back at us but i dont want to have to tell the kids they cant be apart of our wedding anymore :(
  • ChristinaT0507
    ChristinaT0507 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    We're planning for March '11, but since we've been together for almost 9 years, we're not doing a big wedding: But, we're still going to do something that I need to look good for :happy:
    So far I've lost what I came on this site to lose: 20lbs. But recently I decided to push for another 10 before the Big Day. My exercise routines are paying off, BIG TIME & I think I can get in the best shape of my life & keep it that way for life. Since I've been doing this slowly, I've been rewriting my natural blueprint, and if anyone is curious to know how I did it, I'll be happy to share. I know this is really hard to do, I've been there, I'm still there and I'll be here for life. This is a lifestyle change, not just for a wedding but for Everything.

Congrats to all the Brides to be: I know it's exciting & to look Incredible on the Big Day is a definite Must; to STAY looking good AFTER the Big Day will be an even bigger challenge!

id love to hear how you did it :)
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support over my mocha and violet colors. My matrons of honor (2) are wearing the mocha. The best man & woman are in black with the violet accents (ties, ribbons on the dresses). I'm also using various shades associated with those colors. The moms will be in the darker eggplant color, the dads will have a beige-gold color in their ties. I will be in a gown of ivory and champagne and my fiance, Dan, will have a champagne tie.

I did this because I thought the family of purple/brown colors would be pretty, not to mention, if something at the reception or ceremony doesn't exactly match, no one will know the difference!*LOL*

My fake flowers arrived this afternoon and turned out beautifully. I'll try to add pictures of them to my profile sometime this weekend.

As for some of you posting about famiily members giving you flack, I had this as well. I really did my best to compromise on what I could, but I put my foot down about the wedding dress colors. I felt those weren't negotiable, since I wanted the wedding based off my paisley pattern. As I like to say, you can do your best... but don't expect to make everyone happy. After all, it's YOUR wedding.

Shannon
  • emmarie1630
    emmarie1630 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in! My wedding is June 11, 2011 and I wanted to lose about 40 pounds. I don't know if I'll be able to lose all of it by then.. it feels like my progress is so much slower than most. And my wedding day is getting closer and closer! I haven't even begun to try on dresses yet... I'm too afraid to look at myself in a wedding dress until I lose a significant amount of weight. This site has been a huge help on it's own but I still have those days where I feel like it's just not working. Hopefully we can all motivate each other! I'm open to any advice! Good luck everyone!
  • kitten7911
    kitten7911 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    count me in too! getting married 7/9/11, having a destination wedding in tennessee, need to lose about 60-80 pounds, 60 off already!!! everyones colors sound fabulous, we are going with bright yellow and pistachio! I am so excited, lots of great ideas here. good luck to ya all!!!!:wink:
  • FitWithMae
    FitWithMae Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    count me in too! getting married 7/9/11, having a destination wedding in tennessee, need to lose about 60-80 pounds, 60 off already!!! everyones colors sound fabulous, we are going with bright yellow and pistachio! I am so excited, lots of great ideas here. good luck to ya all!!!!:wink:

That's the same day I am getting married! :)
  • kitten7911
    kitten7911 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    so how much do you have planned for your big day? i feel a bit nervous, only the chapel booked so far. looked for dresses but the selection in our area (small wisconsin town) is not the best. everything is a size 4 or 6. hope to go to a bigger city after the holidays. hopefully a smaller size by then!!!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    So, this is a great place to swap wedding plans and tips, but is anyone doing anything in particular to get fit for their wedding day? My goal is to hit the gym 3-5 days a week and, if I can't get there do Wii fit at home. Each time I go, I do 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weightlifting (upper/lower on alternate days). Sometimes I do this interval style, sometimes not... I just like to keep my body guessing.

My fake flowers came on Friday and turned out great. I'm very excited. A lot of people were trying to pressure me into real ones. I mean they're nice, but expensive! Not to mention, they can get stuff on your dress and can possibly wilt. Fakes save you from all of that hassle, plus they'll last forever (even dried bouquets fall apart after a while). I'm happy about my choice, but I hope my girl's don't mind.....

Eight days until my first dress fitting. Keep your fingers crossed it at least fits comfortably. My hope is to have it taken in at least once though before the big day!;-)

Shannon
  • ChristinaT0507
    Options
    So, this is a great place to swap wedding plans and tips, but is anyone doing anything in particular to get fit for their wedding day? My goal is to hit the gym 3-5 days a week and, if I can't get there do Wii fit at home. Each time I go, I do 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weightlifting (upper/lower on alternate days). Sometimes I do this interval style, sometimes not... I just like to keep my body guessing.

My fake flowers came on Friday and turned out great. I'm very excited. A lot of people were trying to pressure me into real ones. I mean they're nice, but expensive! Not to mention, they can get stuff on your dress and can possibly wilt. Fakes save you from all of that hassle, plus they'll last forever (even dried bouquets fall apart after a while). I'm happy about my choice, but I hope my girl's don't mind.....

Eight days until my first dress fitting. Keep your fingers crossed it at least fits comfortably. My hope is to have it taken in at least once though before the big day!;-)

Shannon

i work out at home, using the treadmill, doing the 30 day shred, just set up our gym going going to start using the bowflex and punching bag. so far ive lost 18 lbs, but i also had a baby so i had additional weight to lose...not that thats easier, but still. i didnt start losing until i started eating better though. i didnt realize that was so important, but it is!
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    I am in! Getting married April 7 2011.. and I have about 25 pounds to go.. I think.. Hopefully be around 130.
    Picked up my dress yesterday and tried it on.. its too big lol. First fitting isn't until Feb 1 so let's see if it's even bigger then!

My workout routine is all over the place. Nothing set in stone just how I feel at the moment. However after thanksgiving, because I will be out of town, I plan on starting the p90x/insanity hybrid. i will be able to finish it by the time the wedding is here and I think that might just be what I need to be down the pounds!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'd like to join this group. We got married in August of this year, but we are having another ceremony next year for my family. We got married in the UK as my husband is English and only my mom could make it, so we are having a sort of renewal of vows (which will just be another wedding for us) on stage in an old theater in Ohio on May 15th, 2011. That's three days before my birthday. We are doing old Hollywood Glam as our theme, and I want to look hot in a slinky little champagne colored dress. I want to be at my goal weight by then, which is 140. I am currently at 169. I hope it's ok for me to join, as I'm already married. I just don't want to look like a giant glob of marshmallow fluff with sausage arms, like I do in the photos from the original wedding! :ohwell:
  • shellm3
    Options
    Well m guys wedding was fabulous... I put a few pics up you can look at them!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    AW, your wedding pictures turned out beautifully. You both look so happy. Congratulations. Any wedding advice for the rest of us?

Shannon
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    Great pics and the colors were awesome!
  • Pavkk1
    Options
    Heyyy i get married may 7th tooo :D good luckk!!
  • Hanni
    Hanni Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I am getting married on April 23rd 2011.

Not long to go to lose 2 dress sizes! But that is my goal until then.

Good luck every one!

:flowerforyou:
  • ChristinaT0507
    Options
    Heyyy i get married may 7th tooo :D good luckk!!

yay! good luck to you too!
  • sarahgaye
    sarahgaye Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! :D We got engaged Sept 24/10 and the wedding date is June 4/11...soon, I know! I was hoping to have 40lb off by then but I would be happy with 30! Haha.