Just for Today

Options

Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will rejoice that there are no graham crackers in my house. Dumb, I know, but I could eat an entire box in one setting.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,418 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will rejoice that there are no graham crackers in my house. Dumb, I know, but I could eat an entire box in one setting.

My weakness.
  • Sharon5913
    Sharon5913 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I will exercise for 30 minutes. :glasses:
  • perfectlytrained
    perfectlytrained Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    just for today: I will ignore the magically never-ending candy bowl filled with jolly ranchers and chocolates at my office.
  • wshultz14
    wshultz14 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I loved story. I see now that tomorrow also has been my best friend.

I have always lived by the theory that success comes one meal at a time. I too plan my meals.
    I have trouble with portion control on some of the recipes I find unless this is clearly defined.

I don't beat myself up if I eat something once in awhile I should not have. I just do better the next meal.

Have a Blessed Day, and Good Luck
  • lild052010
    Options
    Just for Today: I will keep my focus on my end goal. :-) 1/3 fo the way there!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I consider all food to be calories, carbs, fat, and protein. I am a lot more comfortable with food since taking on this mind set. I don't label anything healthy, dirty, or clean. If I can fit it in my macros then I can have it. I don't exclude any food group that doesn't give me issues. I know some people haven't gotten to this point yet cause they haven't developed the self control to handle having a slice of anything "unhealthy" and leaving it at a slice. The sooner you get to that point the easier it is to stop saying diet and start looking at it as a lifestyle change.

I appreciate your insight. I thought once that I had reached the point where I had that kind of healthy relationship with food (or, not relationship so much as a lack of relationship. Realizing that food is merely something to feed my body, not something to have an emotional connection to.). I know now that I am not at that place yet, though I hope to be someday.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will not let Soul Fog drive me to comfort food. I'll put on fuzzy socks, instead.
  • cpanus
    Options
    Just for Today: I will get my exercising and walking done early. No excuses.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will focus on what I eat and accept that exercise is not enough.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,327 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I will remember, one day at a time.

A nice poem for us if we think it is just now worth the effort or when the going gets tough and you want to throw in the towel. The name of the poem is:

'Don't Quit' by Jill Wolf

Don't quit when the tide is lowest,
    For it's just about to turn;
    Don't quit over doubt's and questions,
    For there's something you may learn.
    Don't quit when the night is darkest,
    For its just a while 'til dawn;
    Don't quit when you've run the farthest,
    For the race is almost won.
    Don't quit when the hill is steepest,
    For your goal is almost nigh;
    Don't quit, for you're not a failure
    Until you fail to try.

Just thought I would share, a friend shared this so I wanted to continue, enjoy! :smile: :smile:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Thanks, GrandmaJackie! That poem is a good reminder.

Just got Today: I won't quit trying.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I have total faith in ME!
  • cpanus
    Options
    Just for Today: I will stay strong, determined, and focused on my goal. (I borrowed this from another challenge. I really works for me.)
  • bhsishtla
    bhsishtla Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Just for today I walk 4 miles, and do not eat citrus fruits.
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I don't overdue on wine and binge eat
  • livingfortheone
    livingfortheone Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Just for today (and every day following) I will eat slow and enjoy, instead of eating fast without knowing when to stop.
  • sunshinesusie71
    sunshinesusie71 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I will be happy that there is a community here that helps support my desire to be healthier.
  • morgans1989
    morgans1989 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    just for today, I will go to bed satisfied with how I ate today!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: My food has been entered into my diary and I will not make changes.