I am becoming judgemental

Options

Replies

• LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with chips and peanut butter cups.

I think they should make peanut butter cups with chips in them. Or chips coated in chocolate and peanut butter.

Or you could spread peanut butter between two chips and dip it in chocolate. Peanut butter-chip-chocolate sandwich.

Also, there's never any such thing as too much frosting. That cupcake looks heavenly in a deadly way.

Depends on the frosting lol

I can now taste the shortening used in the frosting and that aftertaste bugs me. I live near a cupcake shop like that. Also, her cupcakes are dry too so its sadness all around.
    Oh well, saves me money. Ill just have to make my own hahaha
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    BTW, my plan for dinner is a double cheeseburger from Five Guys followed by a Butterfinger. Go ahead and judge me.

No fries? How can you have a burger and no fries?

(Never had a Five Guys burger. I heard they are to DIE for).

When you order fries at Five Guys they give you like 10 pounds of them. They seriously put some fries in a paper thing like McDonald's, place it in the bag, then dump another few scoops of fries on top of it. It's crazy.

But, with a 900-calorie burger you have to cut back somewhere :laugh:

Pfffft. No Five Guys without cajun fries. I mean, come on. I cut back nowhere with my Five Guys. It's totally do-able with a little burger. Plus they recently created a smaller size of fries- like within the last year. But the normal size? Yeah, I always shared that among 2 or 3 people.

Quit being judgmental about my fry-ordering habits, devil woman!

Hi, BTW.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I do admit though, there are times that I feel similarly to what the OP posted...mostly on facebook when friends post about breakfast at Panera, lunch at Applebees, dinner from Pizza Hut, and a frozen custard snack...in one day. It's almost impossible not to mentally tally up the NI and calories of that ;-) And of course it's usually from someone who often talks about weight loss.

That is different though. I took it as she's just walking around and seeing people eat these things with their lunch and that it's not something they do all day long.

It really is annoying though regardless of whether or not you eat healthy when people judge you on what you eat. When I worked in an office people would go ape if they saw me eating a piece of candy or God forbid I got a basket of fries for lunch. I felt like I was a monkey in the zoo the way they swarmed around my cubicle watching me eat and exclaiming over the fact that I ate "bad" food.

I think you misunderstood, it is 8:30 in the morning, not lunch time.

Ive eaten sushi for breakfast.
    And some of my friends here eat steak at 8am.

Love cold pizza for breakfast, but my favorite is cold spaghetti/sauce/parm cheese. The breakfast of champions. On a serious note, I always eat what I'm in the mood for and ccasionally, it will not coincide with the correct meal timing.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I do admit though, there are times that I feel similarly to what the OP posted...mostly on facebook when friends post about breakfast at Panera, lunch at Applebees, dinner from Pizza Hut, and a frozen custard snack...in one day. It's almost impossible not to mentally tally up the NI and calories of that ;-) And of course it's usually from someone who often talks about weight loss.

That is different though. I took it as she's just walking around and seeing people eat these things with their lunch and that it's not something they do all day long.

It really is annoying though regardless of whether or not you eat healthy when people judge you on what you eat. When I worked in an office people would go ape if they saw me eating a piece of candy or God forbid I got a basket of fries for lunch. I felt like I was a monkey in the zoo the way they swarmed around my cubicle watching me eat and exclaiming over the fact that I ate "bad" food.

My favorite thing to eat at 8:30 AM is cold pizza with Diet Coke.

:love: soulmates:love:
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Judge all you want - we all judge others constantly. Just keep it internal - don't let it spill out of your face.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

brofist.jpg
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    As long as you know you're getting judged just as much, I guess it's cool. See that's the problem when you judge people and you're not perfect.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

So?

They could have had their breakfast at 6 a.m. and this is just a snack that they're having and that they have planned into their day. The fact of the matter is that you don't know.

Would it make you feel better if they were eating a donut instead?

Hey, something we totally agree on!
  • weightywarrior
    Options
    It's not up to us, however, to educate the masses. If your co-workers see your progress and they see how healthy you're becoming, they may ask you for what you did. Some will reply, "Wow, that sounds rough" and continue eating doughnuts. Some might start thinking, "Hey, that sounds like something I could do." And for some, you may just be the final push they need into trying to improve themselves. But it's never up to us to judge them for what they're doing or try to change them. Can't make decisions for others, but you can sure help them find their way if they're asking for help. Diet is a very personal thing.

^ ^ ^
    This
    So yeah. Everyone gets uppity about their awesome stuff when they start. You'll get over it.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    And this too!
  • just_Jennie1
    Options

So?

They could have had their breakfast at 6 a.m. and this is just a snack that they're having and that they have planned into their day. The fact of the matter is that you don't know.

Would it make you feel better if they were eating a donut instead?

Hey, something we totally agree on!

:laugh:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

brofist.jpg
    Dammit, I just cracked my monitor again...
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter if you're judgemental. Maybe it'll make you feel better about yourself. It's only going to be a problem if you're open about it. Keep the smugness within you = no issue.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    BTW, my plan for dinner is a double cheeseburger from Five Guys followed by a Butterfinger. Go ahead and judge me.

When you order fries at Five Guys they give you like 10 pounds of them. They seriously put some fries in a paper thing like McDonald's, place it in the bag, then dump another few scoops of fries on top of it. It's crazy.

Pfffft. No Five Guys without cajun fries. I mean, come on. I cut back nowhere with my Five Guys. It's totally do-able with a little burger. Plus they recently created a smaller size of fries- like within the last year. But the normal size? Yeah, I always shared that among 2 or 3 people.
    How could you sacrifice the burger and go with the little burger? BLASPHEMER!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

brofist.jpg
    Dammit, I just cracked my monitor again...
    Well it's about time you moved on from the old tube monitors.
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options

Quit being judgmental about my fry-ordering habits, devil woman!

Hi, BTW.

Hi! I mean, I just expected better from a fast food guru like you. I'm pretty positive you have a "best of" Taco Bell list, so forgoing the cajun fries is a major oversight! I forgive you for it though.
  • LishieFruit89
    Options

Ive eaten sushi for breakfast.
    And some of my friends here eat steak at 8am.

Love cold pizza for breakfast, but my favorite is cold spaghetti/sauce/parm cheese. The breakfast of champions. On a serious note, I always eat what I'm in the mood for and ccasionally, it will not coincide with the correct meal timing.

I cant do cold pasta like that because clumping.
    Like pasta salad is fine - not the kinda with mayo unless its my Grams. She puts shrimp in it unless ive eaten them all haha

Cold pizza = amazeballs
  • niniagrn
    niniagrn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It's good you recognize it, we all have moments of judgement but don't stay there. I've lost 20 lbs and I did not cut out chips and candy, I only limited how much and how often. Don't judge because as you said, you aren't perfect....none of us are.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Judging is human.. Don't stress
  • LishieFruit89
    Options
    It's good you recognize it, we all have moments of judgement but don't stay there. I've lost 20 lbs and I did not cut out chips and candy, I only limited how much and how often. Don't judge because as you said, you aren't perfect....none of us are.

Except me.
    Im perfect.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I'm still not sure why THEIR eating habits should affect you, at all? They might be doing their own version of the Twinkie diet. Lol!

Are you jealous, because you have to eat healthy and they don't?

Seriously, this is a phase and it will pass, as you realize the whole world isn't going to change with you.