Biggest Loser's Rachel Frederickson's 155 weight loss??

Options

Replies

• SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    You know who looked incredible was the at-home winner, Tumi. Girl had a bangin' bod and she was glowing.

Gah! I seriously forgot to watch the finale...I didn't know Tumi won it?! Go, Tumi!!!

I thought she looked amazing too, and she had been running half marathons.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why everyone is so surprised that a show that touts 20-30 lb losses per week as "GREAT" progress while a 5-8 lb loss in a week can be "bad" had a contestant take it too far on their own after leaving. It's the next natural step given the extremism of the entire program. I'm just hoping that she did it just for the money and will put some weight back on after as most of the winners of the show have done in the past intentionally.

Just in case some of you didn't really get a good look at her:

rachel-frederickson-dolvett-quince-the-biggest-loser.jpg

well, in that picture, i dont think she looks very good, does look gaunt. but in the clip of her in that dress standing next to her bigger self, i thought she looked fine.

Here's the video clip of her in that dress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jihelvZxa7E

You can see Jillian and Bob's reations at 0:48. That says it all.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    You know who looked incredible was the at-home winner, Tumi. Girl had a bangin' bod and she was glowing.

Gah! I seriously forgot to watch the finale...I didn't know Tumi won it?! Go, Tumi!!!

LOOK HER UP, YO. Now THAT is a woman who deserves some celebration.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

Tumi looked good and healthy with good muscle definition.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

She DOES look beautiful! Awww, go, Tumi!
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options

Tumi looked good and healthy with good muscle definition.

^^ Yup!
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I think most the negative things being said about her is just jealous people.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options

You're right. I'm sure no one is actually concerned for her health and well being. We all just wish we could get that skinny.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options

Yes, cuz I've always wanted to be a stick figure with a giant head.
  • munchlaxx
    munchlaxx Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm going to assume that the people in support to the winner's weight loss probably wish they had such ~self-control~ too.

Developing an eating disorder isn't something to be desired.
  • turtledove773
    turtledove773 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

She looks beautiful! Actually they all deserve celebration. They all did an awesome job even if it's not realistic for the rest of us..
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Haters will be haters, and jealousy rears its ugly head-if she is fat she is disgusting, if she is skinny she is disgusting-very sad people, very sad :cry:
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I think she looked way too skinny, and looked underweight. The other contestants looked healthy and happy. She looked a little scary honestly. Did you see Jillian and Bob's faces? They said it all.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

I am disgusted that the show would exploit her health. I am sad that she would value money more than her health. And I am completely baffled at the fans, supporters, and viewers that feel that the behavior of both the show and the contestant are completely acceptable.

Everybody got what they wanted, I guess. The network made their money, the contestant won her prize, and the public was entertained. But at what expense?

Who knows how far damaged her body and psyche are at this point. Everyone just presumes that she can stop exercising and losing weight now... but what if she can't? Was the money really worth the risk that she took?
  • lbrown73
    lbrown73 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I think this show gets a bad rap. It's a reality TV show, so it's not real. They make money and there's a winner and a bunch of losers. Having said that, I think the show is entertaining and motivating. These huge, out of shape people bust their butts to lose weight. If they can do it, why can't I? They also have sponsors that pimp their products, some better than others, but it could give you some ideas about meals and/or snacks.

Do I think Rachel is a little too thin, sure. But I am not shocked that someone go a little too far to win some cash. I think she's only like 23 yrs old. I was 5'10" and about 135 lbs at 23. (I was not exercising or dieting--I was eating and drinking anything I wanted.)

Good for her! I hope she enjoys her winnings--she sure as hell earned it!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Crap, double post. Damn, internets
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options

You're right. I'm sure no one is actually concerned for her health and well being. We all just wish we could get that skinny.

^^This.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options
    Haters will be haters, and jealousy rears its ugly head-if she is fat she is disgusting, if she is skinny she is disgusting-very sad people, very sad :cry:

Since when is legitimate concern for someone's health, jealousy and hatred?
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I am not a watcher of the show.. but wow that's some amazing weight loss..

Y'all DO realize that there is controversy surrounding her weight loss, right? They're saying that she lost so much that she's underweight, according to her BMI. People are not in agreement with the show rewarding her for something that is potentially dangerous to her health and well-being.

Just thought I'd share that...

This.

She's my height and only a little older than me (I'll be 23 on Wednesday, she's 24). My doctor advised me not to get under 108-ish pounds or I'd be underweight (108 is the beginning mark of being underweight for my height) when I talked to her about changing my lifestyle and counting my calories. The healthy range she wants to see me in is 120-135.

Rachel is 105 pounds.

I realize this was for a competition and maybe she will develop some good, healthy maintenance habits now that she won the final prize. She's so thin. It kind of hits me hard because something similar happened to my future mother-in-law, she lost a lot of weight last year, got healthy, but then kept going (she said it was a hard transition from deficit to maintenance calories for her) and got scary-thin.

Hoping for the best for Rachel and the other contestants.