does anyone wanna guess my body fat %?

Options

Replies

• jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I agree that finding out your BF% will not instantly help you with your body image issues. It's something that takes time and effort to think differently.

You look great.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    23%

But it's very difficult to tell with the pictures provided.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I know my bmi just got below overweight, craziness! I'm 5'5" and 145 pounds and 24 years old.... I was considered overweight 5 pounds ago.

My scale tells me my body fat percentage has gone from around 30 to 27... I know it's not the most accurate way to check it though...

I'm 5'5 and 127 pounds. When I was measured with calipers I got put at 26% and in the hydrostatic tank I was at 21%. I think you'll be very pleased with the results if you do a bod pod test!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    And why do you have us guessing from these tiny, blurry pictures?
    this

we need bigger pictures...from front back and side...flexed and unflexed please.:flowerforyou:

Sorry, I have yet to figure out how to put pictures up, and I'd rather just keep my pics on my profile...

Sorry folks, perhaps if I was going to ask for guesses i should've been more comfortable with permanently posting flexed/unflexed revealing pictures to this thread...

Thanks for what you all guessed so far, we shall find out tomorrow for reals, and I will post my results here.

Again sorry for the small low quality photos
    FWIW whatever the number is, you look amazing.

This as well.

Yes, this. My guess from the pics is 23-24%, but you look fantastic regardless of the number.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'd guess 22%.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I suck at guessing women's BF% but I'll guess anyway - low 20's, like 22% if I had to pick one. You look great.

Also agree entirely with DavPul's post - it is nice to know the number, especially if it helps you over image issues you may carry around in your head, but in the end it is just a number.
  • iamspdd
    iamspdd Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    18.34128%!
    Darn it! That's was my guess! Guess I'll go with 18.34127%
  • mrssanderclause
    mrssanderclause Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    20%
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    19% +/- 1%
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I'll go 20% - you look amazing btw :)
  • bc2ct
    bc2ct Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    24% - you look like you have a good amount of muscle and I am basing it purely off a comparison of our bodies and my last bod pod assessment
  • bc2ct
    bc2ct Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I think numbers can actually be a great comfort. I get my body fat measured regularly because it reminds me to take a more scientific and less emotional approach to fitness. Often women (and men as well I'm guessing) have very distorted ideas about how many lbs they need to drop to be in the fit/healthy range... numbers can help us to reassess our goals to be more realistic.
    20-22% is my guess but it doesn't matter at all. Do you like where your body is at?

ETA: went to your profile page to see a larger, clearer version of the pics. I'm going to change my answer to 24-25%. Perfectly healthy for a female

I'm guessing at mid 20s too, I've had two kids and have some chub in the hips and stomach area...

And of course I don't like where my body is at... I have some serious ingrained body image issues (formerly cheating husband, naturally skinny older sister, etc), this body fat percentage test is supposed to help me figure out some clear goals, or at the very least show me I'm not overweight or "fat" as I always think I am. Proof in numbers you know?

Numbers I don't think will offer you any comfort....
    You have to accept where you are regardless, and go from there.

You have your goals and your focus set now....some BF% numbers shouldn't change that....

But you are going in the right direction, so keep it up.
    It just takes times.....so gotta be patient.
  • Amestris
    Amestris Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! I am the same height and you and wondered how I would look if got into the 140-150 range. I would guess you were in the mid-20s.
    I know my bmi just got below overweight, craziness! I'm 5'5" and 145 pounds and 24 years old.... I was considered overweight 5 pounds ago.

My scale tells me my body fat percentage has gone from around 30 to 27... I know it's not the most accurate way to check it though...
  • nostress123
    Options
    Ok, so I did a nice long 65 minute workout on fitnessblender.com this morning, it was one of their 1000 calorie workouts (but for me it only burned about 585, perhaps I didn't put in enough effort... or whatever, I'm happy with it though). Now to fast for about 4 hours and then get the test done (apparently they need you to stop drinking and eating for at least 2 hours before the bod pod).

We'll see where I'm at soon enough!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I won't guess, but I'm sure whatever it is, by your profile pic, it is definitely in the healthy range. Good luck
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    21%.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Bump to see final results
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You look great. Based off what I know about mine, I'd say 23-25% Very healthy and fit range.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    In for results
  • xLittleMissVixenx
    Options
    I'd say 22%. Do you have the result yet?