Random acts of kindness - What have you done lately?

Options

Replies

• tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    Befriended someone on here and gave her some very personal information about myself and my experiences, which is actually helping her through a tough situation. Made a really good friend out of it.

Thanks Chief.
  • Brazilll
    Brazilll Posts: 503
    Options
    The BIGGEST thing I have done lately was around the holidays, my kiddo and I put together little paper bags of hand warmers, gum, chapstick, $1 gloves, and granola bars and passed them out around Downtown Denver, primarily to homeless men and women. My 4 year old son had a great time and he said that "his heart felt happy" afterwards.

A small, random act of kindness that I did recently was giving up my spot line in the grocery store to a mother that had two little ones that were fussy. It was obvious she wanted to get out of there ASAP.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    I give blood every three months and actively involved with special needs children.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Befriended someone on here and gave her some very personal information about myself and my experiences, which is actually helping her through a tough situation. Made a really good friend out of it.

Thanks Chief.
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Thanks for answering the call.:flowerforyou:
  • sarahc142
    Options
    Gave money for lunch to a homeless guy near my house
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I am actively involved in a local organization that helps children with special needs. Today I talked to one of the moms to help her set up an upcoming doctor visit for her son.
  • MatthewNSW
    Options
    Gave up my place in the queue to a woman at the supermarket.

Hardly Mother Theresa level, but it still felt good.
  • sowich25
    sowich25 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Help out with both of my daughters schools. Love seeing the kids smile.
  • ricki011
    ricki011 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    gave a college student gas money and a bag of dog food for his pet, which can be expensive.

i bought extra donut holes for a friend.

cooked lunch for an elderly lady.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Looked after a guy at work today that thought he might be having a heart attack and not deleted someone on here that needs deleting.
  • Stubbornfighter
    Stubbornfighter Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Befriended a lonely older woman whose children abandoned her. Poor thing was very under appreciated, but I think she's kind, funny and creative :)
  • eelamme
    eelamme Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Back when I went to Dutch Bro's every morning I would pay for the car behind me on payday Fri and once my stamp card was filled I would ask the cashier to use it for the car behind me.
  • bigbarnold
    bigbarnold Posts: 2,554 Member
    Options
    I try to befriends kids at my work (elementary school) that are being bullied, that don't have nice clothes, etc... One boy that I befriended had been bullied for a couple of years because he smelled bad. The smell he had been bullied for was from his moms cigarette smoke.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I try to befriends kids at my work (elementary school) that are being bullied, that don't have nice clothes, etc... One boy that I befriended had been bullied for a couple of years because he smelled bad. The smell he had been bullied for was from his moms cigarette smoke.

Ohhh that's lovely of you. Lucky him.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    i adopt a child from the angel tree every year for Christmas- i never get them just one thing.. i always go overboard, but its fun seeing their faces light up.. some i have met.

i give a couple dollars to a man that stands on the corner

i donate my gently used clothes to shelters.. they will be getting more soon

i hold open doors for people when i see them coming even if they are not even close to the door.

i make a habit of smiling and saying hello.. paying compliments- never know when that smile may change someone having a bad day.

gave a guy ten dollars for gas.

i let people that have less than me go in front of me in line at the grocery store.

i have given change when people were short in front of me for groceries.

i was raised to help where you can.. when i was young we went to nursing homes with baked goods and sang christmas carols to those that were alone.. my parents instilled in me to be kind.
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Nice act!

During the Georgia recent ice and snow storm I de-iced a neighbors car and salted her drive way and let neighbor across street use my salt too. At office de-iced two cars, I was a busy bee! Lol!

Feels good to lend a hand when u can.a small act goes a long Ways!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    After I paid, I knew I didn't have enough left over to by the things I had come there for- but I felt pretty good about helping. Except for when, after browsing the store for a while, I saw him using the same story on someone else as I was walking out. I felt pretty used after that :frown:
    That is just awful. That was a very nice thing you tried to do though.
    I fall for the same stories over and over again by panhandlers only to see them walk a little ways and say the same thing to their next mark.

It makes me laugh at my own naivete and grateful that I am not poor enough to miss the money. Besides, just because they lie doesn't mean they aren't poor.
  • avemaryama
    avemaryama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I help connect pregnant teens with couples who can't have kids. It's a huge cultural No No to have a child and not be married here so there are a lot of botched abortions and "suicides". It doesn't always work because teh girls don't want to go public, but when it does, it's amazing :)
  • Trishsimon
    Options
    I made sandwiches for homeless people and brought them in some clean dry socks and fleeces to keep warm plus the sandwiches they were so greatful its upsetting to see it really as there are loads of homeless in Ireland.
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    ummmm.....ummmm....ummmmm still thinking lol :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

well i like to smile at random strangers either i scare them or make their day better eitherway its kinda random right? :laugh: