A question for the men...

Options

Replies

• jaclync324
    jaclync324 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It's not Valentine's Day. It's my anniversary! Married 8 years to the love of my life and we even have kids! LOL!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Valentines+day+soon_b0d790_5005909.jpg
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    V day doesnt even cross my mind until I'm forced to think about it. By think about it I mean forced to make dinner reservations. We eat out all the time anyways, so what's the point. Oh, right, yes this dinner will be accompanied by flowers too. Wonderful. At least I picked fondue this time, I could eat fondue all every day.

My birthday is a couple days later. She can make it up then :)
    Valentines+day+soon_b0d790_5005909.jpg

Pretty much that.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I generally do cards for each other and candy for the kids. We keep it simple.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    This thread is making me feel very lucky!

My husband is pretty much amazing and I get awesome treatment all year long.

Not gonna give TMI here but there's no need for a special day for some extra special time alone ;-) We have that every day of the week.

We don't fight over the remote because we turn our TV on like twice a month to watch a DVD and that's it...

I like Valentine's Day, but mostly I just get into the festivity of it...decorations, candy, etc. It's cheesy and fun. I don't expect anything major - flowers are nice anytime. We definitely don't go out for a fancy Valentine dinner because every decent restaurant is packed. We can do that anytime.
  • Linda6580
    Linda6580 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Money Grabbing holiday for sure! I mean, if you love someone, why should you take one day to really show them that, it should happen everyday in whatever it is that you do to show them.

Kids will usually get a little something.
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    yes n no
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I like it because of what it stands for: a day just for showing the people in your life just how much you care about them! I mean, one should do that everyday, but it's nice to have an official day where a little excess is acceptable. I never buy cards or plushies or anything extravagant, so personally I don't consider it a Hallmark Holiday. At most, I get a $1 pack of valentines (if I don't make them myself) and a $3 bag of candy.

Really, it's just an excuse to bake for my friends, be a little extra girly with some pink and red and hearts, and brighten someone's day! I love Valentine's Day!!

This is awesome and really captures my love of the day in general...even if I were single. It's such a fun, girly, bright spot in the bleak winter. Love!
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Never had a BF really...so never got to actually enjoy Valentine's Day. Money grabbing or not, one day I better have a guy that buys me chocolate and flowers at least!
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    We decided together not to do anything special. We both agree it's a dumb holiday and we show our love every day. I'm sure we'll both do a little something but we are saving the money we would waste on Valentine's for my bday. I win! I made a joke last night about making him something stupid that I saw on Pinterest to prove my love for him. His response was "You don't have to prove *kitten* to me!" As goofy a comment as that is, it made my heart swell. He really is made for me.

At this point in my life valentine's is all about my daughter, who is starting to outgrow it too.
  • Linda6580
    Linda6580 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    We decided together not to do anything special. We both agree it's a dumb holiday and we show our love every day. I'm sure we'll both do a little something but we are saving the money we would waste on Valentine's for my bday. I win! I made a joke last night about making him something stupid that I saw on Pinterest to prove my love for him. His response was "You don't have to prove *kitten* to me!" As goofy a comment as that is, it made my heart swell. He really is made for me.

At this point in my life valentine's is all about my daughter, who is starting to outgrow it too.

My feelings exactly!!
  • Just_Bella
    Options
    Cheap men and lonely women perpetuate this (not srs.. ok maybe a little srs)
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Ladies, you can answer too :smile:

Do you feel Valentines Day is just another money grabbing day ?

If it were up to you, would you prefer not getting anything for your SO, if you knew she wouldn't be upset?

A dozen roses any other time of year $60
    A dozen roses around Valentine's $150

Yes it's a scam, just like recycling and tipping the pizza delivery guy.
  • mrsroseblack
    mrsroseblack Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I hate Valentine's Day. Both myself and my husband feel like it's an over-commercialized pathetic display.

I would rather he do something for me on a random day when he's doing it out of love, not out of "obligation".
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    i always say this....if you can celebrate 420, you can celebrate valentine's day. DONE!
    I am failing to see how these two are related.

they are both holidays? ok, what about christmas? most people ARE NOT christian and they celebrate xmas. So, why not just suck it up and say 'Happy Vday' to someone. Our society has this total aversion to love. It is selfish. It doesn't need to be commercial. Make a dinner, do some kinky business, massage some feet, cuddle up to a movie. I am so tired of hearing all the vday hate, especially from people that think it is ok to have a holiday to smoke pot, to search for easter eggs, to remember our veterens even! If we can't have one day for love, why anything else, love holds the world together.
    Because we don't want to suck it up? That seems kind of pointless. We don't usually do birthday or Christmas presents for eachother either tbh.
  • headofphat
    Options
    I just hope Hallmark doesn't ruin March 14th :drinker:

Maybe I'm having a brain fart. What is March 14th?
  • headofphat
    Options
    i always say this....if you can celebrate 420, you can celebrate valentine's day. DONE!

Smokin, snortin, drinkin, tokin
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm in it for the candy hearts. Love those damn things.

But really, it's just another day IMO. I'd rather go see an awesome show or spend the day in the sack with my hubby then have chocolates or flowers given to me. Besides, when did flower delivery get to $70+?!
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I just hope Hallmark doesn't ruin March 14th :drinker:

Maybe I'm having a brain fart. What is March 14th?
    Steak and BJ day