5'7" goal weight?

Replies

• susanhardt
    susanhardt Posts: 18 Member
    I'm 5'6" and 130 is good for me. 135 at 5'7" would be great for you (for people younger than 45). If you are over 45, probably 140.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Anywhere from 125 to 145 is a good goal to aim for. Once there, you can re-assess your body composition.

(Says the 5' 7" guy)
  • kspark658
    kspark658 Posts: 15 Member
    I have a female friend who would be 18% BF @153lbs and she also is 5'7". Dont get hung up on the 135 number. Depends how much lean mass you have. Ultimately your goal weight would be determined by looking in the mirror and seeing if you like what you see assuming you dont have access to a bodyfat measuring tool. Women get hung up on numbers when it comes to weight.

WELL SAID! It's incredible the variety of sizes, shapes and weights that would fit into the category of "healthy". Height is not the only factor in how much you weigh.... Be Happy and Healthy...
    I am the same height, and my goal is 155/160, or a size 10. At one point in my life I weighed 145 lbs, (after an extended illness~all better now!) and looked too skinny.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Maybe 135. I think I'll be too skinny though. Probably closer to 140-145.
  • kspark658
    kspark658 Posts: 15 Member
    awesome post!
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    I'm 5'8" and my dietitian suggested 150 as a goal weight for me, but I'd really like to get down to 140. I think 135 is fine.
  • I'm 5'8" - I looked good even when I weighed 180 (I weigh 236 right now, lol), but I do have a big frame. I think the perfect weight for me (somewhat accounting for muscle) would be around 140-150. However, I'm more concerned with getting to >20% BF than the number on the scale.
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    I'm 5'7 (and three quarters.) :)

My highest ever was about 175. I did martial arts and exercised a ton, but I also ate like a pig.
    College weight was between 145-160
    Except freshman year, at 130 I lost my periods and had disordered eating and exercise habits, doctor got me back up to 145. I was about 18.

Fast forward to 37...in August I had crept back up to 175, now I'm at 147...2 pounds to go! 145 is perfect slammin/superfit weight for me, I'm happy and wonder what I was thinking when I was at 130, thank God this time I know when to stop. But I definitely am someone with a large frame. Broad shoulders, thunder butt and wide hips but fortunately I have a flat tummy! My next step at maintenance is fitness goals.
  • MandyMason7
    MandyMason7 Posts: 185 Member
    I'm 5'7" I started out at 252 lbs, I am currently 171 lbs, and my goal weight is 135 lbs. I'm hoping to get there by the end of 2014.
  • I'm 5'7 and currently at my goal weight range of 130-136 (134 to be exact). Perfectly happy here. :)
  • enaliba
    enaliba Posts: 146 Member
    This was a helpful topic for me as I am also 5'7" and figuring out where my goal should be. I know that when I was weight lifting, I could weigh much more and still fit into my goal jeans, so I agree it isn't just about the weight. I am using those jeans to know my "ending" weight because I am not sure where that is now that I am not doing as much weight lifting at the gym and have had my second baby. I never got back to my goal jeans after the first baby!
  • becalm
    becalm Posts: 31
    I think 135 is perfect!
  • Great job getting that far! I am 5'7 too and would love to be 135, but I am ot sure it is realistic. Plus I want to look fit and strong, not too thin. I think the 140s look healthy and fit, with a 'thin' look for women our height. Plus you don't just want to loose the weight - you want to find a weight that is realistically maintainable. It definitely depends on your body type too:)

SW: 163
    CW: 151 - 153
    GW: 140-145

Good luck!
  • Hi there! Congrats on the weight loss so far!! I'm 5'7'' as well and I've set my goal at 140-145. This is where I've found myself the most comfortable, but depending on the way your body is structured, you could be anywhere between 135-155. Good luck on the rest of your journey!! :smile:
  • thetiwi1890
    thetiwi1890 Posts: 256 Member
    I'm just under 5'7" and currently 143lbs. Have a flat stomach but am heavy in the butt/thigh area. I could definitely stand to lose another 10lbs, and tone up a lot. I need to focus more on toning now though.
  • Cakewalk25
    Cakewalk25 Posts: 71 Member
    I'm 5'7, currently 140 and my goal weight is 120-125, which is where I was about five years ago. I am small framed, 32A chest and always gain weight in the stomach like an apple so right now I look about four months pregnant all the time. Finding clothes like pencil skirts and fitted jeans that fit over such a huge stomach is a huge pain. When I was 120 everything I tried on would usually look good, so that's where I want to be again.
  • lottewiegeraad
    lottewiegeraad Posts: 64 Member
    SW 172
    CW 142
    GW 125-135

I'm 5'7" and at a current weight of 142lbs still have a belly (way smaller than I started, but still) so I am going to lose weight and train until I am sattisfied.
  • TeriaShae
    TeriaShae Posts: 144 Member
    Hello,
    I'm 5'7 as well! I believe that whatever you are truly comfortable at should be your goal weight.
    For example, When I got down to 130 pounds, I literally felt so tiredddd all the time. But I was doing everything "right".
    Now, I am 150 pounds and I feel fantastic!!

If I want to have a cheat day or eat some pizza, my body accepts it and I don't gain weight overnight from it like I did when I was 130 pounds. Just whatever is best for you. :happy:
  • pimpin_po
    pimpin_po Posts: 120 Member
    I'm 5'7. My goal weight is to maintain between 127-133....
    Right now currently I'm 132, I feel awesome. But also felt awesome 10-15 pounds heavier, lol. I wear a size 7, I'm more comfortable in size 9's. I like my wiggle room, lol.
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Hi!
    I've been approximately the size of Texas for about 5 years but recently lost a bunch of weight. I'm convinced that looking "average" is attainable now! So, I'm just wondering what weight looks good on a 5'7", 20-something female!?

SW: 215lbs
    CW: 172lbs
    GW: 135lbs???

Hehehe, as an honorary Texan (I've been here for almost 3 years!) I got a good giggle out of that! I'm 5'7" and my goal weight is 160. I think it depends on what you're going for, I'm shooting for the top of the healthy weight range because I'm still a long way off (240!), so when I get there I may change my mind. I just know when I felt the cutest in my whole life I was about 160-170. I have always liked a little bit of thickness on girls though so like I said if that's not your goal you may wanna go a little bit lower. Good luck!! :)