How to tell husband baby might be different color?

Options
Fit2Strip
Fit2Strip Posts: 280 Member
I know this topic isn't really a fitness issue, but I frequent the site and... I mean, this is a support board...
Basically, how should I inform my husband that the baby on the way, may in fact be a different race than he or I?
I mean, if it was to be white as well... it would be a non-issue... so... yeah, I'm not looking for judgement. So please keep your attacks and hate to yourself. I'm just looking for good advice. Thank you.

(sorry, I posted it under the wrong thread before)

Replies

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Your searching for good advice about what exactly?
  • WoodChuckNorris
    Options
    Your trolling would be more convincing if you weren't a guy.

Fail
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    The color issue is a moot point in my opinion. The most important thing is that you are cheating. You should tell him. If you wait it will just put your family under even more stress and the baby does not need that. If you do it now, maybe both of you can figure something out before the baby arrives.
  • Fit2Strip
    Options
    The color issue is a moot point in my opinion. The most important thing is that you are cheating. You should tell him. If you wait it will just put your family under even more stress and the baby does not need that. If you do it now, maybe both of you can figure something out before the baby arrives.

Color is only moot to a point. Even if he were to stay after the cheating, the color difference would make my mistakes visible to all of our family. It no longer will be a private issue.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Tell him.

Meanwhile: if ANY of the days on your diary are a true reflection of your eating, EAT MORE.
  • Fit2Strip
    Options
    Your searching for good advice about what exactly?

How to break the news... there's a lot of factors involved. I don't know if it's better to get it all out at once or maybe reveal it in stages so there is time to adjust.
  • Fit2Strip
    Options
    Tell him.

Meanwhile: if ANY of the days on your diary are a true reflection of your eating, EAT MORE.

the last few days have been spotty logging, but I have eaten adequately. Thank you for your concern. I've mostly just been eating sugar... it eases the stress
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Even if the baby was to be the same race as the two of you, your husband has the right to know that the baby may not be his. You cannot expect your husband to be responsible, financially or otherwise, for a child that is not his no matter what the race. You need to sit him down and talk to him about it now so he can work through this and decide how he wants to proceed. To keep him in the dark and let him get all excited about the imminent birth of his child, only to find out that the child isn't his, would be devastating. Not only that, but he has the right to know if you've been unfaithful just for his own health concerns. Time to fess up and let the chips fall where they may.
  • hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    You should be so proud of yourself! Your poor child...

Coming from a fellow pregnant woman who actually respects the people she loves!!!!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Maybe tell him your a troll...
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    um
  • hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    Options

I like this. Good idea!
  • WoodChuckNorris
    Options

Right? I am still trying to figure out why people are responding....
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Be color blind, don't be so shallow.

Also...

its-time-to-stop-posting-cat-cats-kitten-kitty-pic-picture-funny-lolcat-cute-fun-lovely-photo-images.jpg
  • BrokenButBeautiful
    Options
    This. ^
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I would start by telling him about your black (or whatever race) great grandmother and how every once in a while you have a dark cousin.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Fail
    This board always uses "troll" in a manner distinct from most other boards, but I'll ask: the stripper is a man?
  • Cobb_66
    Cobb_66 Posts: 65 Member
    Options

I'm hoping this is the absolute truth. Regardless of the cheating thing....what she's eating... while PREGNANT. (The child development and disorders knowledge inside me is screaming right now)

ETA: just saw it's apparently a guy. Pfew.
  • WoodChuckNorris
    Options

Fail
    This board always uses "troll" in a manner distinct from most other boards, but I'll ask: the stripper is a man?

Weeeell, it says that the profile is viewable by HIS friends only...so....yes?
  • magtart
    magtart Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Color isn't the problem, species, on the other hand, might be a big issue.