Healthy Snacks??? WTF!!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Chocolite protein bars. www.healthsmartfoods.com

Those are my go-to snacks.....about 100 cal, 10g protein, 10g fiber, sugar free, gluten free....my fav's are cookies and cream and triple chocolate fudge.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    My favorite recently has been a serving of Wheat Thins with a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese (Ranch Wheat Thins and Creamy Swiss cheese wedge - yummmy).

Or try a protein bar. Stay away from the granola bars, but the protein bars generally have about 200 cals and 8-10 gms of protein.

And by the way - the 100-cal packs of Oreos don't have any cream in them, just the chocolate wafers. WTF?! How can you call them Oreos?!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Quest bars, Fiber one protein bar or Skinny Cow Ice Cream and Nature Valley Protein Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate bar are great!
  • HealthyMakeover
    HealthyMakeover Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You could try Fiber One 90 calorie cakes/brownies/bars.
    They taste good, come in many different flavors, and are low calorie.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    What exactly is "bad" about Oreos and ice cream sandwiches? Cite your sources, please.

trying to stay under 200 calories. 3 oreos are about 150. 6 oreos are 'bout tree fiddy.......

Then stop at 3.
  • scottYBRIDGEWATER
    Options
    Quest bars, Fiber one protein bar or Skinny Cow Ice Cream and Nature Valley Protein Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate bar are great!

Bought a case of the Nature Valley Protein Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate bar at Costco. Less than fiddy cents (.50) a bar. They also had some low cal ice cream sammiches....
  • scottYBRIDGEWATER
    Options
    You could try Fiber One 90 calorie cakes/brownies/bars.
    They taste good, come in many different flavors, and are low calorie.

Got a box of the brownie bars.
  • scottYBRIDGEWATER
    Options
    What exactly is "bad" about Oreos and ice cream sandwiches? Cite your sources, please.

trying to stay under 200 calories. 3 oreos are about 150. 6 oreos are 'bout tree fiddy.......

Then stop at 3.

Nope!
  • Timeforme714
    Timeforme714 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    For a healthy snack that will feel like a cheat:

Slice up an apple

Spread PB thinly on top

Sprinkle with what you like. Some ideas: chopped walnuts or almonds, dark chocolate chips, shredded coconut.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options

This

If I want a sweet snack then I might have something along the lines of 2 Oreos (small bwl of ice cream, handful of potato chips) . I can surely arrange my calories and macros to allow for a small treat once a week. Maybe the problem lies not in the Oreos but in consuming more than a reasonable amount.

Yes. I dont see myself eating three Oreos. Playing with fire..................

BWHAHAHAHA, what is this nonsense about eating 3 oreos? That is like suggesting I drink one glass of wine, its not going to happen. Its the whole sleeve or nothing, just like its the whole bottle, then more 4 beers.........
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if you're at the point that you don't even ask for a cheat day or meal, have whatever you want to have as cheat snack. I don't think you could do much harm. I can hardly think at any snack that could be considered "cheat" and "healthy" all at once.

Doesn't have to be healthy. I just want something tasty, sweet, and filling under 200 calories.

one serving of Turkey Hill light i slike 110 calories.

If the oreo's are 'better' than the so called 'healthy' snacks- just eat them.

seriously- it's a cheat 'snack' which means it doesn't fit into your budget- or plan- so why worry about the 200.

Just eat the damn oreos. LOL