I have a slow metabolism

Options

Replies

• taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hahaha. Loved it when people say they have a slow metabolism because they're overweight.

Oh, really? Not because you eat too much and don't move enough?
  • dietstokes
    dietstokes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    In so that I can find this later and watch the Doc :) Makes sense though.
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    :heart:

In

Entering%2Ba%2BCar.gif

In like this ^
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Saw thread title, and started channeling my rage the way Ryu channels his energy for the Hadoken.

Then I saw who posted it, and that rage was replaced with disappointment, and then the disappoint was replaced with righteous fire.

Good post.

You're doing it wrong. You're only here to argue - didn't you get the memo?

But, yeah, my initial reaction was, WTF? Then it was, oh - here comes some goodness.
  • Wandering_1
    Wandering_1 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    tag to watch later
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    In to offer the qualifier of: "But I have _____ hormonal issue."

You're an outlier. Exceptions to a rule are just that; an exception. It's also not AS common as people think (As so many insist they have a certain disorder only to have a nice clean bill of health, even after extensive testing. Often, it really is just underestimating how much you eat).

I lose weight when I eat more! I'm going to start eating 5,000 calories a day so I can lose weight really, really fast!
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I went to the Cooper Clinic in Dallas to have mine tested- but I am sure there are lots of other places that can do it as well. It was good information. I loved the fact that my testing person also was on MFP! :)
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    But..But...But......Big bones, slow metabolism and big bones!!! Why must you destroy my precious excuses with your scientifically based reality!?! Damn you!!! :explode:

Rigger :wink:
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I do have PCOS (verified by multiple blood tests and by ultrasound) but I am not a special snowflake either.. If I eat a lower carb diet and count calories and exercise, I can lose weight. If I quit losing weight, I have either started slacking on exercise/logging OR I have been eating way too many simple carbs
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I went to someone who specializes in sports nutrition to get my test.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    tag to watch video later
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I'll admit I saw the number of replies to this thread and the title and thought it was going to be highly entertaining. I'm a little sad, but still a very interesting post, thanks!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I'll admit I saw the number of replies to this thread and the title and thought it was going to be highly entertaining. I'm a little sad, but still a very interesting post, thanks!

Posts by me don't cause much drama. Usually because I speak from experience and I'm just trying to inform instead of put people down.
  • shelbym87
    shelbym87 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Yes yes yes. Bump to watch video. I must show this to my mama. I love her more than anything, but she insists she can't lose weight because of a slow metabolism. I've long suspected its because she's not honest with herself about how much she eats and & burns.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    In - this is great

the video clip is awesome
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options

Posts by me don't cause much drama. Usually because I speak from experience and I'm just trying to inform instead of put people down.

Good to know you are a sensible poster! I shall look out for your posts in future :)
  • henriettevanittersum
    Options
    The thyroid endocrine system is designed to alter metabolism naturally. It varies with temperature after long-term exposure. People who live in a cold climate have a higher basal metabolic rate so to generate for off-setting heat to warm their bodies. The opposite for those dwelling in a warm climate.
    [/quote]

So that's why I have so hungry and cold lately... it's frigging -30 and I can't seem to get warm. Does that mean I can eat more then?:bigsmile:
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Great post! I also watched the documentary, it was really interesting but ur post has made it easier for me to re-explain to my friends (I tried to explain after watching the programme but failed)
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    so I am probably under-counting my peanut butter = D and oreos....oh no! :sad: :sad:

I'll watch the docu later. I do believe this. There is no magic pill :wink:
  • beatlesfan31
    beatlesfan31 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the video! Wow, that was quite the eye opener.