"Unclean" IIFYM Success Stories and Pics please?

Options

Replies

• _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    This thread is amazing. Bumping and tagging for later. :wink:
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    How do you guys keep track of all the different dietary parameters? I find it hard enough to pick foods just watching caloric intake. I can't imagine trying to figure out different foods to hit all the other parameters, too. I don't even know how I would go about choosing foods to hit macros. It sounds like playing food Tetris. How far out in advance do you plan your menus?

The only parameters I make sure I hit are calorie intake (deficit, surplus or maintenance) and protein intake at 0.8g/lb. I don't really count anything else. Chances are if you're eating 100+ grams of protein a day, you will get all the fat and carbs you need with it.

Pretty much. All I track I pay attention to is protein. If I eat one good serving of meat a day (a chicken breast) I usually hit it without trying.

+1 for protein being my main macro. I hit 1g/lb lean mass first. This changes before an event (racing), where I make sure my carb goals are covered as well. It was actually difficult at first, but now I'm pretty good with having a variety of snacks around, and tailoring my meals to account for what I've already eaten. If I notice I'm low on protein and fat? Peanut Butter or cheese. Just protein? Greek yogurt or salmon jerky (not together. That's gross). Carbs and fat? Its ice cream time. Just carbs? banana or popcorn.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Going through this thread for the eye candy... So much win in here!!!
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Bump!! Seeing some great before and after pics!!
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    wow - there are too many amazing shirtless pics in this thread.....*fans self*
  • chelseybell92
    Options
    Love this thread! Good job to all you inspiring people!

I think I have been doing IIFYM without even knowing there was a name for it. Sure gonna stick to it now. :D
  • topazora
    topazora Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs initially and since then I have been bulk/cut cycling to recomp.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1154118-one-year-of-lifting-pizzas-setbacks-and-triumphs-pics

(Way too many pics to put in here.)
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    I've fallen off the wagon a bit, but there are some pics in my blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/extraordinary_machine
    from when I was lifting consistently.

I try to eat pretty healthy, make most of the family's meals from scratch, but I have no problem eating McDonald's or ice cream...and I still drink beer and vodka. It's totally possible!
  • TarynAngeline
    TarynAngeline Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    So many amazing pics and people in this thread! Thanks for everyone who shared stories, pics and opinions!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I've read enough about IIFYM but I'm still brainwashed by PTs and nutritionists saying that processed foods slow metabolism and and spike insulin, hindering weight loss even on a deficit so I am hoping some of you can post your pics of successful weightloss on IIFYM. I have about 15 I'd like to lose and I just want to eat what I want (in moderation of course) and stop being afraid of food. Seeing is believing so please share and inspire me ! :flowerforyou:
    I'll agree with this. If you can stick to a program, maintain a deficit, you will have success!
    I still choose my own foods for their nutrition content, phytonutrients, cofactors etc. I'm just that way:happy:
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You can look through my pics. I don't have a good before because I didn't like how I looked but I do have a couple of fat face shots for comparison. While dieting, I'd say my diet got a lot cleaner but it regularly included fast food tacos/a slice of pizza/Subway subs because I was and still am horrible at brown bagging it to work. I ate my long run calories so those were usually spent on a donut and then usually a burger and fries.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    You can look through my pics. I don't have a good before because I didn't like how I looked but I do have a couple of fat face shots for comparison. While dieting, I'd say my diet got a lot cleaner but it regularly included fast food tacos/a slice of pizza/Subway subs because I was and still am horrible at brown bagging it to work. I ate my long run calories so those were usually spent on a donut and then usually a burger and fries.

^^ One of the few people i know who eats more ice cream than I do.

*seethes in quiet jealousy*
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    This thread is epic. I'm not a success yet so I'm not going to post pictures, but I'm a success in training, and I follow IIFYM.

Looking good everyone.

Rigger
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    :heart: this thread! Key motivation!!
  • Tabitha_Faye
    Options
    Bump now, read later! :)
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    While we're on it, if you're in the UK, free KFC!
    http://www.kfcchickenstareoff.co.uk/
    :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    This thread is epic. I'm not a success yet so I'm not going to post pictures, but I'm a success in training, and I follow IIFYM.

Looking good everyone.

Rigger

based on your ticker I have to disagree...you have done an amazing job...

I am not sure if anyone is ever "done" because after the weight loss come maintenance or bulk/cut cycles...I think as long as you are on the path and succeeding on that path you are a sucess.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Looking good everyone.

Rigger

based on your ticker I have to disagree...you have done an amazing job...

I am not sure if anyone is ever "done" because after the weight loss come maintenance or bulk/cut cycles...I think as long as you are on the path and succeeding on that path you are a sucess.

If you're done, it means you're dead.

Or lame. Both are roughly equivalent.