I ate 5,877 calories today...

Replies

• sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    My calorie goal is 1926 so I went over by quite a lot today... okay, a huge amount! I'm pretty much accepting it... what done is done. I've drunk 3 litres of water today maybe even more along with the food. I'm wondering if I should just continue with my 1926 calorie plan tomorrow or should I drop it down to 1400-1600 calories for a few days at least. What would you do in my situation? No negativity please. :)
    I probably ate more on New Year's Eve and I won't even consider the drinks. :)
    Tomorrow is a new day. Going slightly lower than your usualy calorie goal for a few days is fine as long as it doesn't make you hungry and miserable and doesn't make you overeat again. Put this behind you and move on. There will always be birthdays, Christmas, dinner at grandma and so on, and they won't compromise your weight loss on the long run.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Tomorrow is always the first day of the rest of the journey.

Don't sweat it. Keep to the plan tomorrow.

Good luck..
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    I reckon you should not eat 5,877 calories in a day EVER again.
  • Lettee4
    Lettee4 Posts: 81 Member
    dont dwell on it :) tomorrow is another day :)
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member

But... but... but! I haven't done so in a very long time I believe. Maybe before my journey. :P
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    How the hell is that even possible? I don't think I could do that if I tried....maybe if I ate a large pizza...but wow!

I ate just above 2.2 lb of pork. That's how. :P

Damn that sounds so worth it! Mmmmm Poooork!!
  • benefiting
    How the hell is that even possible? I don't think I could do that if I tried....maybe if I ate a large pizza...but wow!

Damn that sounds so worth it! Mmmmm Poooork!!

With apple sauce! Can't forget the apple sauce! :D
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member

Well that would do it!! LOL

And I bet it was every bit as delicious as it sounds!
  • benefiting
    Is it bad that I'm still hungry? Or maybe I just think I am. Lol. >_<
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member

Then WTF am I supposed to do at Xmas?

*sings* It's my *kitten* and I'll eat 5877 if I want to...*
  • benefiting

Well that would do it!! LOL

And I bet it was every bit as delicious as it sounds!

I didn't even use to like pork or I said I didn't and now I love it! Yummy! Apple sauce and pork is amazing!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member

I reckon you shouldn't have bothered to post!

Most of us struggle with eating to plan at one point or another; social occassions, constant deprivation of calories, stress, etc...

The thing you should be proud of is logging it all! That is a step in the right direction, recognising you made a mistake and moving on with it. As for how you deal with it, that is really a personal decision. If you are able to brush it off as a bad day and go back to your plan as normal, then just do that.

If on the other hand you are going to be thinking about it for days and allowing it to bring you down, then take some steps to minimise the 'damage'. Take 100-200 cals off your eating for the rest of the week or up your exercise a little - but be conscious not to over do it and fall in to the binge and exercise to 'burn it off' mentality - that is not a healthy long term mindset.

When all is said and done, it was one day. Your body probably cant metabolise that much food anyway, particularly if a lot of it was eaten in a short window of time. Yes you overshot maintenance but not every one of the 5877 cals will be stored as fat.

It is also worthwhile remembering that you probably ingested a lot of sodium today so your weight on the scales WILL go up. This is not fat, it is water retention and will subside over the next couple of days :)
  • benefiting

Then WTF am I supposed to do at Xmas?

*sings* It's my *kitten* and I'll eat 5877 if I want to...*

Well I don't celebrate Christmas with a dinner and I don't do thank giving so I guess today is my very high calorie 'celebration'. CELEBRATION OF PORK AND APPLE SAUCE! :D
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member

Quite easily, actually. That also wasn't helpful one dot.

I usually make back a few extra hundred after a big splurge, whether eating less or working out and not eating back those calories.

Don't worry about it too much, today's a new day.
  • mcibty
    If it was me, I'ld drop my cals by about 500 tomorrow .. but no more ...

Well that's not how to deal with it, at all.
  • mcibty

Why not? What the heck is wrong with this post?!
  • benefiting
    Take 100-200 cals off your eating for the rest of the week or up your exercise a little - but be conscious not to over do it and fall in to the binge and exercise to 'burn it off' mentality - that is not a healthy long term mindset.
    Thank you for saying that. I was literally thinking I could burn some of it off if I went on the treadmill.
    It is also worthwhile remembering that you probably ingested a lot of sodium today so your weight on the scales WILL go up. This is not fat, it is water retention and will subside over the next couple of days :)
    I didn't even think about the sodium part of it but due! I wouldn't be surprised if I did go up in weight but luckily I'm not weighing myself daily and the next time I'm weighing myself is in 4 days and that's only because I'm starting Focus T25 then.

Also, I'd just like to note that when I say 1926 TDEE I actually mean my TDEE - 20%. So really my TDEE is around 2311 calories. My bad!
  • I don't know if it will make you feel any better, but I just had an oatmeal creme pie for breakfast. It was fantastic until the guilt set in. Here's to hoping we both do better here on out :happy:
  • Polda2010
    Polda2010 Posts: 99 Member
    Work a bit harder on fitness and take in a bit less for a few days, no need to beat your self up. :-)
  • nikibean123
    nikibean123 Posts: 81 Member
    No sweat (apart from maybe meat sweats harhar)

Just go back to normal tomorrow. Maybe refrain from your usual treats for a few days if it makes you feel better but one day isn't going to derail everything.

Yay pork!