30 day unbiased Shakeology review

Options

Replies

• aNNaBeLLeCanRun
    Options
    My Shakeology take - not a coach, love it, and love real food. But, when I'm at work, I don't have time to prepare a fully functional healthy whole foods meal. Quick, easy, good for you, and yummy...done. And, sold. I was keeping groceries in the office fridge at work and yeah, that's cool...but I personally love the ease of the go to shake.

Or, in the am, if I'm RUSHING out the door - I know I can get to work and BAM! There's my personal blender and my work stash of ShakeO.

Considering becoming a coach for the discount, but I recognize it's a pyramid scheme. So...meh.

By the way, I disliked the chocolate, but a coach friend sold me a bag at a huge discount. (She went vegan, and so wanted to unload her chocolate.) I went ahead and tried the vanilla and got hooked. Just got my first bag of greenberry yesterday...dude, sorry, I love it. Literally couldn't wait for my mid day shake. New Strawberry is coming next month.

Some of you are awfully snotty about "omg, don't be stupid...eat real food!"

This is similar to my needs. I tried the chocolate shake for the first time today--one of my coworkers is a coach and gave me a sample. The taste was ok. In a shaker, I mixed the powder with 8oz of water. Blah! Tasted way too sweet and artificial for me. I added about 1/2 cup of cold coffee and a handful of ice cubes and the taste improved greatly.

I've been on the weight loss/gain yo-yo for many years. I understand weight-loss, nutrition, exercise, etc. My weight problems are simple: 1) I make poor food choices, 2) I drink too much wine and 3) I haven't been exercising. I signed up for MFP to help with #1 (I used to track and I understand what's in most foods--the app keeps me accountable). Number 2 isn't going to change. :) Number 3, I'm working on (c25k worked before, so I'm doing it again).

My "problem" meal is lunch. I generally eat a healthy balanced breakfast. I have a desk job in front of a computer where I'm prone to give in to snack cravings, so something that is filling and can curb my carb fix is a HUGE help. Also, I have 4 kids ages two and under (2 sets of twins). I don't have time to prep for elaborate shake recipes. Also, trying to grocery shop and keep healthy food choices at work is difficult. I like the idea of a MRP, but for me it needs to just be the powder and non-perishable liquids. Milks, fruit, etc all spoil quickly and anything that requires a blender really isn't practical at work.

Thank you for posting this review.

As for the cost... its comparable to the crappy, tiny, frozen "smart" lunches I'm used to eating.
  • Vicksm89
    Options
    I hear alot about this Shakeology and I want to try it, but I am skeptical because of the price. I've never done diets or shakes or pills to lose weight, but I want to start eating healthier. I am going to look into buying Shakeology with this next pay check. I hear it is worth every penny and I just hope it works.
  • Annteach3
    Options
    Where can I buy shakeology? Also I have a racing heart, will this impact me in any way
  • meganeileenmc
    meganeileenmc Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have been doing herbalife too. I am on week 4. I have lost about 10lbs since starting. I love it! I am going to request you we can swap recipes
  • elisamtz09
    Options
    I feel relieved now that I ordered mine off of Ebay too. I hear a lot people getting scammed for buying shakeology from ebay. I should be getting my box tomorrow. Congrats hope to like it as much as you did.
  • rocknrollmommy22
    Options
    awesome!! I see you have lost 46 lbs! Are you still using shakeology. I am one of those people interested thank you for writing this review. You are right, mostly distributors are what you find when you look for reviews.
  • health1971
    Options
    If what you are doing works for you then more power to you...

Now having said that ^^^, most of what I got from reading is that it taste horrible and that other stuff has to be added to make it taste better... I don't get it, it's super expensive and on top of that you have to spend more money to make it taste better???

What ever happened to eating healthier, exercising, and sticking to your daily allowed calories ??? I just think that everybody want a fast fix/magic shake and then they wonder as to why the weight comes back on...
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Isn't unbiased a self contradicting idea?

Everyone is going to have a bias.. it's unavoidable. If you don't have a bias then you're probably a robot from Skynet and we should all be afraid.
  • dlike64
    dlike64 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been using Shakeology now for six months along with MFP. I have posted here when I began using it. I lost over 50lbs and feel ten years younger. I have not had this much energy in years and I know Shakeology has played a big part. It does not taste horrible and it has helped me change my life. I became a coach during this process to save myself some money, (wife drinks it too) and everyone that has bought it through me is getting similar results. Shakeology is no magic potion. It can help many people get the nutrition they are lacking and help regulate their digestive system. The energy level changed in me after drinking it everyday for two weeks and this gave me what I needed to start to exercise regularly. As I said in previous posts, I am no longer unbiased. I am a true believer in this wonderful product! It may not be for everybody, lord knows there are a lot of critics out there, but if it helps someone get the results they are looking for, it is worth every penny!!!!!!!
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    People seem to be mixing it with almond milk a lot, does anybody drink the chocolate with just skim milk? I'm allergic to almonds.

How is the greenberry?
  • kdbass1
    Options
    You can mix it with any kind of milk, including Coconut milk! Sometimes, I mix mine with good 'ol 2%.

Beachbody has recently changed the formula for Greenberry. The general consensus, from most everyone I've talked to, is that it tastes really good. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to try the new formula yet! I tend to stick with Chocolate and Vanilla!
  • mikethomsen33
    Options
    I started the T25 Program from beachbody and I had an instant sticker shock when I looked up the Shakeology. I can't afford that much money to be devoted to one supplement. So I found a workaround that has been working for me. I use the shakeology recipes, but instead of Shakeology and any liquid ingredients I have been using EAS AdvantEDGE ready to drink shakes. They cost about 1.25 per serving which is significantly less than Shakeology. They taste pretty good, although I would point out I have been using them for a long time now, so my taste is acclimated.

Just my two cents, hope it helps someone!
  • miszleona
    Options
    I actually did herbalife before I started drinking shakeology. Last year when I was drinking herbalife, I definitely got results. However, you have to drink two shakes a day and I love food. It was good while it lasted. Once I got off of herbalife, I gained twice the weight I lost. I lost about 20 pounds and gained about 45 pounds. I didn't notice until I started working out and focusing on my fitness again since I was really depressed. That's when I started looking into other options and started doing t25 and drinking shakeology. At first, the taste was definitely not to my liking but it's because it's so potent. So now I just use more liquid. 8oz of almond milk and 8oz of water with my shakeology packet and I'm good to go. The price I thought was expensive in the beginning but honestly, it's $4.33 a day. I spend more than that on a weekend shopping for some shoes, drinking at the club and eating fast food! I will tell you however, that I just recently became a coach just because of how much I believe in these products. However, everyone has their opinions. Hope this helps someone! :)
  • SurfCat69
    Options
    I started the T25 Program from beachbody and I had an instant sticker shock when I looked up the Shakeology. I can't afford that much money to be devoted to one supplement. So I found a workaround that has been working for me. I use the shakeology recipes, but instead of Shakeology and any liquid ingredients I have been using EAS AdvantEDGE ready to drink shakes. They cost about 1.25 per serving which is significantly less than Shakeology. They taste pretty good, although I would point out I have been using them for a long time now, so my taste is acclimated.

Just my two cents, hope it helps someone!

I was hoping that someone would mention and compare the EAS shakes. I use EAS Lean15 with h2o. The chocolate tastes fine, and although it appears to have 3g less protein, it seems about the same in everything else. Also, a jar of it which contains about 25 servings costs $17 at Food Lion.

Can anyone compare the EAS products to Shakeology?

Thanks.
  • hpheath
    hpheath Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    this is my unbiased take on the nutritional quality of the shake, for the price that they charge they should be using a much higher quality form of vitamins, they use mostly the cheaper versions, esp B12 (Shakeology uses cyanocobalamin, the cheapest form of it, and has much poorer absorbility then other forms), also for the price and it being touted as a MRP, why they would use whey vs a blend or something like micellar casein(micellar casein and blends happen to cost more) and the anti oxidents and other stuff they threw in there see to be underdosed

I am new to this healthy lifestyle thing and I'm open to suggestions. This is the first shake I've ever tried (other than slimfast about 10 yrs ago :laugh: )
    Do you have recommendations for something better? I like what I have so far but if something works better for others I'm interested...

I use WAV Smart from Ocean Avenue. It is less expensive than Shakeology and much higher quality, Non GMO and undenatured whey protein.(your body recognizes undenattured whey as a complete protein and absorbs it better) It only comes in a vanilla bean flavor but you could still use your recipe and add a Tbsp of cocoa powder to make it chocolate. I like it with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1/2 banana, strawberries, and chia seeds. (Sometimes I add spinach too) If you would like more information you can private message me or if you just want to be friends! (you might also want to watch Dr. Oz's segment on protein powders -Shakeology is mentioned there)

Congrats on your success!
  • jamesisaac108
    Options
    I got great results just adding fruit to regular whey protein before and after my morning run/cross training. Pretty balanced diet. Tons of energy throughout the day. But its all in your mind, really. If you think it will help, it will. Personally, I dont think its worth the price since its little more than whey protein with added supplements. My advice, invest in a juicer. You will always get better results with fresh produce. Always.
  • therealkat
    therealkat Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Rice milk and coconut milk are great alternatives to almond milk! I'm an avid Shakeology drinker, myself. It's not a miracle cure. It won't make you skinny in 30 days... but it WILL make you HEALTHY and help you on the way to achieving your goals. It's the most complete shake I have found and it tastes great. I'll happily pay the price for it because it works for me. I used to eat more expensive meals that were devoid of any nutrition, so spending that money on Shakeology instead and getting a clean, ethically sourced nutrient shake that gives me incredible energy, has literally lifted my mood, and is giving my an incredible immunity boost to boot... Not to mention helping me lose weight safely and effectively with my daily workouts... Sold.

This is what works for me and this is my opinion... What works for me may not work for others, and that's just fine. I'll still sing it's praises :D
  • dino013
    dino013 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been using Shakeology for about two weeks now and although I have to seen major weight loss yet I agree with a lot of you. Shakeology does reduce cravings, I know it's a little expensive but I LOVE IT!!
  • Dbazan1
    Dbazan1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Thanks for posting the link to the comparison. It has been very helpful for me to compare and choose wisely. There is no real "truth in advertising" anymore these days! Thanks much, good luck on your journey to fitness!
  • vickyllambert
    Options
    Try Dymatize Nutrition Elite Gourmet Protein in Swiss chocolate. I mix it with 8 oz. Unsweet almondmilk, 4 ice cubes and one Equal. Blend on high and it's Heavenly! There ar emany flavors. I pay only $28 for a 2 lb. Tub. Vanilla is great with fruit. You can also add generic metamucil, which is tasteless, grit-free and totally dissolveable. Drink water. Really curbs appetite and great supplement after a workout. Dont buy at Vitamin World. Too expensive. Next Im ordering a new flavor off Amazon.