You know you are on MFP when...

Options

Replies

• lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    When your best friend asks 'have you been to the gym this morning?' before bothering to suggest junk food! (her best moment was texting the night before to pre warn me that i was going to need an abundance of calories)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    When you have cheese and crackers as a snack, and there's a cracker left... and you weigh it, put it back in the box, and take it off your log.
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    When you did that extra workout just to eat some ice cream at the end of the night, and divide the number of calories you have left by the number of calories per serving so you know exactly how many grams you can eat!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    When you did that extra workout just to eat some ice cream at the end of the night, and divide the number of calories you have left by the number of calories per serving so you know exactly how many grams you can eat!

Pretty much what I do every day at dinner to get as close to my goal as possible, lol.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    When you watch the Food Network and all you see are calorie numbers.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • oldladybug
    oldladybug Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You look at the clock and realize you just lost the better part of an hour. My name is ******, and I am an MFP addict.
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You get teary eyed thinking about deleting one of you "Friends" that has been in the red for more than 10 days.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    When you judge people in the supermarket check out lane because of all the unhealthy stuff they're buying.

tumblr_l49p1l7KGE1qb5g2po1_400.gif
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    You take notes while your spouse is cooking, so that you can log your dinner calories properly.
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    When you get mad because your mum/dad/husband/wife throws away the food packaging and you can't check the calorie content.
  • 1Lightstep
    1Lightstep Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Food gets cold sitting in front of you while you log it all in.

This was true for me too often.

Now it's
    You know you are on MFP when you keep a notepad and pen by the scales, so you can log every gram after the meal.

Doesn't work for me, sometimes I have to log how much meat I'm eating to know how much veggies I can have etc.

True for me too. It is often a compromise. A lot of my meals are repeated and I have got used to what I can serve to stay within my calorie budget.

I try to plan my food diary for the day and I use the notepad to record the exact portions served as they will be slightly different to the pre-recorded ones. I also like to have calories at the end of the day that I can dip into if I have that extra something during the day.

This is an entertaining thread. A lot of these posts apply to me too.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Yes to so many of these. My boyf gives me lists of what he put in to dinners to log.

When snacks for a film are served in individual bowls instead of a big sharing one...
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    You notice the morning after that you actually did log that 350ml of Crown Royal Black, two Irish car bombs and some nasty little thing called a snake bite...

Where the hell are my keys.... :grumble:
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    When you get angry at your significant other or children when they snatch something off your plate because you already logged those calories!

THIS. I literally did this the other night when my mum decided to give part of my food to my sister! Gr!
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    when you are afraid people in the shops judge you for the 60 eggs, 3 kg of Quark and 16 mars ice creams you are buying (thank god they don't know it's all just for me)

when you always need about ten minutes before you can answer someone that is offering you food

when you try to schedule social outings for food on your workout days
  • lvbor
    lvbor Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    When your reward for an after-work run is a poached egg.

(Seriously. More yummy than chocolate!)
  • Stadtkatze91
    Stadtkatze91 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just love what all of you are writing!! So good to know that I'm not the only one :bigsmile:

When you choose what you eat by calories not by cravings.

When everyone in your family starts to get concerned about their calories and asks you after every meal "how much did that have" - "blabla" - "WHAT?!"

When the first thing you put on the breakfast table is your kitchen scale.
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    When you eat a complete meal before going to dinner with friends so that you can actually meet your macros.

When you are willing to buy the most expensive chocolates, ice cream, etc... offered because "if I'm going to fit this in my Calories and Macros, it better be worth it!"
  • starkitty4
    starkitty4 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    When you realise you really haven't been here that long because you still don't have a clue as to what the best way to do this whole deficit diet is.. Because if you tried to weigh everything on your plate before you ate it your mom would lose patience with you (she doesn't like people fussing about in the kitchen while she cooks and I'm not allowed to cook my food separately cuz that uses 2 lots of gas lol)
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options

When you are willing to buy the most expensive chocolates, ice cream, etc... offered because "if I'm going to fit this in my Calories and Macros, it better be worth it!"

^^this! so much of this!!
    My taste has become incredibly expensive!