Cookies taste better than skinny feels

Replies

• Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Food per se does not make people gain weight. Habits and choices do. I don't avoid cookies. I choose not to eat them because my premise is that my weight loss of 122 lbs tastes better (because of the choices I make) than a cookie feels.

I'm not disagreeing with you nor am I trying to analyze you (as you are doing with me!). I'm just responding to your post with what works for me. It's not a pissing contest. We're all different in some ways.

Cheers!
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShTK5P9K5eAFMVMI4qM-BV6gjwIFrURiD6Db_RbtakBa4pblD6Cw
    pinkie-pie-likes-cookies-5946_preview.gif

It looks like that cat is pooping cookies into the pony's mouth.

This made me laugh way more than I should have.

Also, cookies are awesome. And seriously OP, congratulations on your success so far, and showing that yes, people can eat the things they want and still lose. Why people feel the need to be negative about your success is beyond me. But then again, MFP is MFP. You also are super classy with your responses to the negativity, I must say.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    in on 19 and I do not know why.

oh, yeah. Cookies. *nods*
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member

Also, cookies are awesome. And seriously OP, congratulations on your success so far, and showing that yes, people can eat the things they want and still lose. Why people feel the need to be negative about your success is beyond me. But then again, MFP is MFP. You also are super classy with your responses to the negativity, I must say.

And now I can't see it any other way.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Love your attitude and progress.
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    OP, just wanted to come back to say I thought of you with smiles as I ate my oh so yummy chocolate cookies on Valentine's Day. Hope you had a lovely one.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Food per se does not make people gain weight. Habits and choices do. I don't avoid cookies. I choose not to eat them because my premise is that my weight loss of 122 lbs tastes better (because of the choices I make) than a cookie feels.

I'm not disagreeing with you nor am I trying to analyze you (as you are doing with me!). I'm just responding to your post with what works for me. It's not a pissing contest. We're all different in some ways.

Cheers!

So coming to someone success thread to let them know that their way doesn't work for you is acceptable (not that I ever claimed my way was the only or best way or that I made an indication that I think we're all the same/should take the same path) but making my opinion of the way you do things known is a pissing contest?

Alright.
  • Achrya

Can't. Be. Unseen.

People are very odd when it comes to moderation vs cutting things out. Odd to such a degree that they have to let you know moderation doesn't work for them, as individuals you don't know and have never met, as if you came to their house and told them they have to eat the damn cookies OR ELSE.

Which, when you consider I never said 'this way is the only way!'...Well it's strange.
  • OneImaginaryGirl
    OneImaginaryGirl Posts: 25 Member
    I think I love you! I agree, cookies taste better than thin feels. When I was at my thinnest (137) I was ****ing miserable. Keep on with your bad self!
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

For myself, "dieting" became so much better when I learned that I didn't need to punish myself.

You look amazing! Those cookies look amazing! This thread is amazing! :flowerforyou:

PS: I really respect and admire you from previous threads I've seen you in and this just topped the cake. Thank you.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Congrats! I find that moderation is what worked for me as well. Food is something to enjoy, not tolerate.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    So much hangry on this thread. Have a cookie and stop being negative on a success thread.
  • :drinker: Congratulations! Everything in moderation - pass the nutella, please!
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    loved this!!! yes to cookies!!!!! i have a nice toblerone waiting for me after dinner myself :laugh:

you CAN lose weight and reach goals while practicing moderation!!!! keep at it you look amazing - strong and healthy and fit.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Chelle, bumping and wanting to say I'm sorry that people may be projecting their issues on you and your success. Just know that you are still a serious inspiration for those who are trying to be healthy in both body AND mind.

I really hope this rolls and does so on a more positive note :flowerforyou:

ETA: Although this is a public forum, it is still against the CG to thread hijack. Just putting it out there. The success stories area isn't the place for a debate, to be honest.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    I think both Chelle and cookies are amazing

Also, the quote: "nothing tastes better than skinny feels" came from Kate Moss. If anyone really wants her as a model for health and well being, god speed.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    I think both Chelle and cookies are amazing

Also, the quote: "nothing tastes better than skinny feels" came from Kate Moss. If anyone really wants her as a model for health and well being, god speed.

Agreed. I really dislike the "skinny tastes better than [insert food]". To me, it encourages fear mongering and an unhealthy mindset. And this is why I love Chelle's post. It hits back at the idea that you need to starve yourself or be very restrictive with your foods, or that losing fast is the only way to "win."
  • Achrya
    Chelle, bumping and wanting to say I'm sorry that people may be projecting their issues on you and your success. Just know that you are still a serious inspiration for those who are trying to be healthy in both body AND mind.

I really hope this rolls and does so on a more positive note :flowerforyou:

ETA: Although this is a public forum, it is still against the CG to thread hijack. Just putting it out there. The success stories area isn't the place for a debate, to be honest.

I've got my biscotti recipe ready if it rolls. Nothing says fresh start like biscotti.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    If mini tramp can roll, so can this one. Let's make it happen.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    If mini tramp can roll, so can this one. Let's make it happen.

good point. Chelle, have you considered adding a mini-trampoline to your routine? I mean, to get to your goal it should take, like, 5 seconds of bouncing for 3 days, tops.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!