Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ December '10

Options
Hello everyone,

This is a support group for anyone 5'4" or under. Losing weight at any height is difficult. Changing how you live and eat is challenging. Those of us considered to be 'petite' seem to face a harder challenge just due to our height.

So if you are of a shorter stature and you're looking for a fun group to post with, please join us.

How did you do with your November goals? How did you handle the first of the 'eating holidays'? Are you going to set goals for December? Set New Year Resolutions?

I did not loose or gain in November and I need to get serious this month despite Christmas and New Year's looming in front of me. This coming January will be the 2nd anniversary of my 2009 Resolution to get in shape. While I think I have done that I am still 5 pounds from my initial goal.

JAM (Jeannie

Replies

• harls
    harls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be a part of this support group -- I'm 5'3", and love it!

Hmm... I gained during November. I just stopped exercising really. For December, I'm going to try really hard to eat as best as I can and to exercise most days because I really, really want to lose weight and I know hard work will get me there eventually.

Colder weather makes me want to curl up and sleep, though!
  • losingnow
    Options
    Hey I would love to join. I am 5' exactly. I know about the height thing. It shows so much more since I am soo short. I lost in November but it was the first time in 3 months and it was only a little. So here is to December and the new year:)
  • sanrog
    sanrog Posts: 68
    Options
    Hi - I would love to join - I am 5' 2" and have struggled with weight my whole life. I have always felt if I could just be stretched out a few more inches taller that my weight would not be a problem - Oh Well :(

At least I did really good over the Thanksgiving week and lost 3lbs. I went to Thanksgiving Dinner planning to behave and that just flew out the window when I started to eat (everything was sooooooo goooood). I did walk that morning and the next day I got right back to eating healthy and all is good.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Bump......you know i have to keep up w/my fit and fun size gals.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: This group has really been a help to me.....I love reading about your interesting and consistent exercise....my husband and I are redoubling our efforts to eat right in December and not be undone by the holiday temptations and the nasty weather that keeps us indoors.

:flowerforyou: I've done pretty well with my November goals and my weight has stayed within three pounds of my goal but there are still some "jiggly parts" that I'd like to eliminate so there is no time for resting on my laurels.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • AngelSharum
    AngelSharum Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hey, y'all. I did really well on my exercise goals for November, got in 881 minutes and lost 1/2 a pound. I haven't really lost anything in months. I stay in the same 3 pound range. I'm hoping to have a losing spurt in December!

My goals are:

Under 130 carbs a day
    1000 exercise minutes
    Lose 5 pounds..........hey, I can hope for a miracle. :laugh:

Good luck, y'all!
  • Davis713
    Davis713 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I want to join!!!! I am 5 ft 2 (on a good day wink wink) I lost 10 lbs in the month of November, since October 1st I have lost 22 lbs! My goal for December is to lose 17 lbs! So that the day of my cousin's wedding I will weigh an amazing 180! I have really got to push it this month to make my goal of 17 lbs!
  • gnutrifitness
    gnutrifitness Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody! I'm 5'0'' almost 5'1'' and my goal is to lose 5 pounds before Christmas!...Mi final goal is to lose 10-12 lbs!!...I'm actually at 118 lbs!!...

We can do this together...losing pounds when we're so short is sooooo difficult!
  • Hi, 5"2 and hit weight goal for Nov, but not my exercise : ( It's my own fault I need to kick myself in the rear and do alot better...
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    hey im still here hangin in....just busy busy
  • blackmamba886
    blackmamba886 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm still in. Goals for December... keep up with the eating and now get off my rear. :laugh:
  • cspinney
    cspinney Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    November was up and down for me, but the last week I just seem to keep going up and up and I'm not sure why. Granted, eating has been less than perfect, but I would have expected to just stay around the same. I started not feeling well around this time last week, and after a trip to the doctor last Friday I wound up on antibiotics; I don't know if that might have something to do with it? Not something I have much experience with.

Anyway, I was pretty happy with my exercise routine for November, so I hope to keep that up, and I'd like to make it through the holidays without gaining any more pounds. That's pretty much my goal. :)
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new comers! Welcome back to those who have posted with us before. I look forward to getting to know everyone better as the month progresses. I will try to do individual responses later. I'm at work and today is our Christmas luncheon, so not a lot of work is getting done.

I found something for under 500 calories that I can have at the place we are going to, so I am happy.

Chat with you all later and have a great day!

JAM
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm still here!! Did really well with my eating in November now I have to kick my exercise into gear again and get this last 18 off!!100 pounds here I come!! I am bound and determined to get back into my size 3's!!:grumble: Thats my determined face!! lol..
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I did well with my November goals except for the one about eating at home.....there were too many restaurant meals and gigantic potlucks.....my weight went up and down but ended up being the same at the end of the month as it was at the beginning.....I'm keeping the same goals for December.....I have them in my signature so I can refer to them as needed.

:flowerforyou: Today I went for an almost two hour walk with my friend and then came home and immediately took the dogs to the dog park.....I did yoga and rode the exercise bike this morning and after dinner so it has been a great exercise day.

:flowerforyou: welcome to anyone who is new on this thread....I hope to get to know everybody better.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

smiley-happy023.gif
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning everyone and happy Thursday! Yesterday was an extremely busy day therefore I was only able to get online long enough to log my exercise. I had a busy work day plus I decided to start my Christmas shopping. I was able to start and stop it all in a day with the exception of having to pick up two gift cards. I love the fact that I don't have many ppl to purchase gifts for thus I'm able to get in and get out.

Yesterday I walked while my car was in the shop being serviced. When it was all said and done I walked about two hours. I started out at a very brisk pace but it was cold and breezy yesterday morning so that probably lasted about 20 minutes.

Today I completed the Cardio-week 1 dvd from the Kettleworx series.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Harls, Losingnow, Sandy, Smith9905, Nutrigaby, and Pameladawn,

Harls- What do you do for exercise? Do you have anything indoors you can do for the winter? I bought a stationary bike used off of Craig’s List and it’s been a life saver.

Losingnow & Sandy– Congratulations on loosing in November. You both must be thrilled.

Barbie – I am still amazed by your dedication and you are lucky your hubby is in on this life change. That makes it so much easier.

Angel – Congratulation on doing well for your November goals. I know what you mean about the 5 pound goal for December. I have the same goal. Good luck to you!

Smith9905 – Wow on your weight loss achievements. Having a wedding to shoot for must really help. Good luck for December.

Nutrigaby- What is your final goal? Congratz on being at 118.

Pameladawn – I liked your comment about kicking yourself in the rear as it made me think about how many calories and what muscles that exercise would help. Lol

JZ- Is that busy with a capital B? Glad you popped in to say hello. I miss your posts.

Choco – I think of you when you don’t post everyday. I know how dedicated you are to your job and to your new life style.

Blackmamba – Glad you are still with us.

Cspinney – Do you watch your sodium? Sometimes that can cause a spike and it helps to drink a lot extra for a few days.

Babygurl – Glad you are still with us. I love your determined face. We can do this!

Today I start my Christmas shopping. That will be stressful, so I hope to go to the gym first.

Have a great day everyone!

JAM
  • harls
    harls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Harls, Losingnow, Sandy, Smith9905, Nutrigaby, and Pameladawn,

Harls- What do you do for exercise? Do you have anything indoors you can do for the winter? I bought a stationary bike used off of Craig’s List and it’s been a life saver.

Thank you for the welcome!

Well, I do exercise videos at home (usually ones with weights incorporated) because I don't like going to the gym and I do like having guidance. I also use my elliptical machine, which I love to death! I can listen to music or watch TV while I burn off a good chunk of calories. It's just the fact of getting started, you know? When it's even cold indoors, I just don't feel like moving (or eating, fortunately). I know it's gotta be done, though. Actually, since joining MFP I've been very accountable and more engaged in what I'm doing.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! I had another work training to attend this morning so I had to get up earlier than usual to get the workout in. Today I completed the Burn It Off dvd from the Chalean Extreme program.

Jam: Thank you for the thoughts because I do miss not posting daily. I try to get on to at least log my exercise but can't always respond to the boards. This site has been very instrumental in making my lifestyle change a lot easier than I could of ever imagined. I do have my moments especially with eating during this time of year but I'm committed to doing this. I've gained a few pounds and I have to accept it and move on. The same way I took it off before I know I can do it again. I am proud that I have not gained all my weight back and I can accept 5-6 lbs.
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    So I did Turbo Jam last night with my 12yr old daughter. She has never done it with me before. This was soooo funny! I burned more calories laughing at her than anything! We were cracking up! We did the learn and burn so she could get the moves down and then the workout. When we started working out she was hopping around going whoa whoa hold on hold on!! I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my life!!...That is until she was doing the punches and she punched herself in the mouth!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I was on the floor by that point!!! She was laughing and said I can't believe you can keep up with this!! This was a great mother daughter moment that I will never forget!!! It was just so funny! I hope she will try it again with me sometime. She was brave enough to do the next level with me and bump up to the 20 minute video also so I give her credit, but sheeww...it was funny!!!!:laugh: :laugh: