What is the one thing you can not over look when dating?

Options

Replies

• cczar
    cczar Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Inability to make decisions or have an opinion. You may not know what you want to have for dinner every night, but by heaven, it would be great if I dont have to make the decision all the time - I do that every day with my job.
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Brains. I can't date an idiot.
  • jenn2375
    jenn2375 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Well my list is long of things I can not overlook (probably why im single haha) but if I had to pick one thing would be intelligence and wit.....Its rare.......
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options

I say let them be offended. Your preference is your preference.

I do things that most would consider manyly and also things many would consider girly. They are free to think what they want, doesn't mean I will change because of it. Or feel bad. Because a nice bubble bath after working on roofs is divine. :smokin:

Now I want a bubble bath. Eff me I miss them. :grumble:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    bad teeth. I mean, come on.

Yeah same here, I couldn't date someone who's parents couldn't afford braces as a child, I mean they are obviously out of my social class!

I cannot look over idiotic rude people. They aren't out of your social class you just don't have class at all. There is nothing wrong with having a preference but you don't have treat people like their beneath you. You're beneath them even with their bad teeth.

it was a joke

Yeah. He was being sarcastic in regards to the "Come on" part.

Girls who miss the point.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

I do things that most would consider manyly and also things many would consider girly. They are free to think what they want, doesn't mean I will change because of it. Or feel bad. Because a nice bubble bath after working on roofs is divine. :smokin:

Sorry, I cannot hear you over the smell of lavender. :smokin:
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    .....has to be male.
    Up for fun with girls, but would only date a male. :flowerforyou:
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    3 DUIs

Penis
  • J_keegan
    Options
    After looking through this list, I've come to the conclusion that my "expectations" seem to be quite low... I'm happily seeing someone now, but most of the things people have listed here as being deal breakers wouldn't have mattered in the beginning.

There is such a thing as being too picky, and all the restrictions and standards will only keep you from potentially meeting someone amazing.
  • cmwest2013
    Options
    Lying and laziness! I guess 2 things!!!!!!!!!!
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    For me.. It's smoking. Being a non-smoker it's one of my deal breakers.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Works in any type of service industry. I don't want a mean person but if's part of your job to flirt I can't deal with it. Sorry I'm jealous.

So you don't want to date anyone who acknowledges other men, even if it's harmless flirting for a tip...

Solid stuff, right there.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

You say this as if $5000 for someone to have their children's teeth fixed is easy to come by.... I would hope that you are talking more about improper hygiene and the results from that.

Agreed. My friends used to think I was being harsh when I said "I can't deal with bad teeth on a guy" but I meant like missing several permanent teeth, visible decay, broken teeth, etc. Crooked grin, crowding, or huge gaps can be fine and even charming. Just have clean decent teeth if possible.
  • Happy_10yr
    Happy_10yr Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Bad Hygiene

Absolutely!

And must be of the opposite sex.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options

Yeah same here, I couldn't date someone who's parents couldn't afford braces as a child, I mean they are obviously out of my social class!

I cannot look over idiotic rude people. They aren't out of your social class you just don't have class at all. There is nothing wrong with having a preference but you don't have treat people like their beneath you. You're beneath them even with their bad teeth.

it was a joke

Yeah. He was being sarcastic in regards to the "Come on" part.

tumblr_ltebvgomgv1qzcnvbo1_r2_500.gif
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

Lies, done.
    Judges me when I use 2.5# plates on the oly bar, done.
    Doesn't have similar life goals, done.
    overly handsy, I'm done.

Yup, all real life examples here.

:cry: I knew it would never work out between us.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Lying, cheating, disrespectful (to me and himself), games, clingy, immature, must be self-sufficient, must appreciate that I am independent, someone who will actually care about the person I am on the inside.

Probably why I'm single.
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options

Sorry, I cannot hear you over the smell of lavender. :smokin:

Love-and-Other-Drugs.gif
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

Lies, done.
    Judges me when I use 2.5# plates on the oly bar, done.
    Doesn't have similar life goals, done.
    overly handsy, I'm done.

Yup, all real life examples here.

:cry: I knew it would never work out between us.

Sorry Jac!

But those 2.5# plates help me achieve my goals
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    If he's unemployed, it depends on the circumstances. I mostly want to know whether or not he can pay his bills and has the work ethic required to be able to keep paying them in the future. Hopefully, if he got laid off, he had some money set aside for that purpose and is actively looking for another job. If he's just sort of drifting along, yeah, no.

Don't care if he's been married before or has kids. As I get older, it becomes less and less likely that I'll meet someone who doesn't have an ex-wife, children, or both. The details are more important there. Why didn't his marriage work out (infidelity and such)? Is he a good father? Is his ex-wife a psycho who I'm going to find on my doorstep wielding a shotgun? That sort of thing.

Lying is the first big dealbreaker for me. And I don't care how small you think the lie is. It's the fact that there was a moment in your brain where you thought it was okay to deliberately tell me something that isn't true. It says so many things that make it clear I could never have a functional relationship with you. But mostly, it makes you untrustworthy, and I will not spend any time pretending I have a future with someone whose word I have to question.

On a less serious note, smoking, heavy drinking, lack of interest in your own well-being, no common interests at all (I'm big on alone time, but if we have nothing in common, we'd probably never do anything meaningful together, and that's important to me).

And if you ever touch me in a way that suggests you're okay with causing me physical harm, you'll be looking for your balls.