What is the one thing you can not over look when dating?

Options

Replies

• wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    2 things - if she has a husband or if she has a penis
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Bad personal hygiene and poor table manners. Ick!
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Being somebody I know I could never marry- that's my deal breaker. I'm at a point where I don't want to waste time and effort on a relationship if it's not going to be for the long haul.

Now there are several things that could cause me to realize they're not marriage material... and I'm sure it's a really long list.
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    removed smart alec remark .....

pretty much everything everyone has already said...I'm pretty comfortable being single, my youngest child is almost grown and I have a pretty stable life, I don't want to get married again so I don't really have to over look anything (big or little).
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    If he's unemployed, it depends on the circumstances. I mostly want to know whether or not he can pay his bills and has the work ethic required to be able to keep paying them in the future. Hopefully, if he got laid off, he had some money set aside for that purpose and is actively looking for another job. If he's just sort of drifting along, yeah, no.

Don't care if he's been married before or has kids. As I get older, it becomes less and less likely that I'll meet someone who doesn't have an ex-wife, children, or both. The details are more important there. Why didn't his marriage work out (infidelity and such)? Is he a good father? Is his ex-wife a psycho who I'm going to find on my doorstep wielding a shotgun? That sort of thing.

Lying is the first big dealbreaker for me. And I don't care how small you think the lie is. It's the fact that there was a moment in your brain where you thought it was okay to deliberately tell me something that isn't true. It says so many things that make it clear I could never have a functional relationship with you. But mostly, it makes you untrustworthy, and I will not spend any time pretending I have a future with someone whose word I have to question.

On a less serious note, smoking, heavy drinking, lack of interest in your own well-being, no common interests at all (I'm big on alone time, but if we have nothing in common, we'd probably never do anything meaningful together, and that's important to me).

And if you ever touch me in a way that suggests you're okay with causing me physical harm, you'll be looking for your balls.

ALL OF THIS^^^^^

plus:

bad teeth
    not having any sexual attraction to the person
    not believing in God at all (just a preference, please don't jump me or preach at me)
    if they remind me of someone I can't stand (that's been happening a LOT lately)
  • beaches61
    beaches61 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Smoking/tobacco use.
  • Expect_The_Worst
    Options
    Maybe a B Hole you can toss a bowling ball into?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    At this point it time I won't date anyone who isn't 41 years old, 5'9" tall, brown hair, hazel eyes....

But if I were in the dating world

A job
    sense of humor
    moderately to highly attractive
    confident / extroverted to some degree (I'm too much of an introvert, it just doesn't work to have 2 of us)
    nice
    non-dotting
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Chronic flatulence
    Tendency to handcuff me to things while I am asleep
    Blatant stalker warning signs
    Racism
    Pathological need to put on make up to go check the mail.
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options
    I have to draw the line if someone owns like 31 cats!
  • Karabobarra
    Options
    A really long list of deal breakers. If a woman has THAT many deal breakers she's probably just a pain in the a** or a overly picky control freak.

Or she feels that there's no point in settling.

^^^^ This :drinker:
  • Karabobarra
    Options
    Chronic flatulence
    Racism

lol.... I would love to know your dating history...ha ha ha
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Chronic flatulence
    Racism

lol.... I would love to know your dating history...ha ha ha

One of those I made up. The others, yeah, from experience.
  • mudknuckles
    mudknuckles Posts: 1,417 Member
    Options
    Facial hair
  • Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am married so the point is moot, however
    She has to have a good job, if it is a career even better.
    no kids would be great, if any max of 2, must be same baby daddy, i don't want a girl with 3 kids with 3 different dad's
    must be 420 friendly...done with the club scene, but willing to go party once in a while
    must be cute, blue or green eyes and black or red hair with a big butt and big boobs, and like metal, rock, alt...lol
  • bigldesigns
    bigldesigns Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    my #1 deal breaker is a man should never disrespect his mother...

If he cant respect the person who gave him life.. what hope does his wife have??
  • stpt_guy
    stpt_guy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bad teeth. I mean, come on.

Yeah same here, I couldn't date someone who's parents couldn't afford braces as a child, I mean they are obviously out of my social class!

FU, we were really poor. Food was more important :(

I'm with the last poster, I think this was meant more as in someone who doesn't take care of their teeth like brushing, teeth rotting out of your head, missing teeth from lack of care. I can understand not being able to afford braces, I can understand having an accident and losing teeth against your will, things outside of your control.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Call me vain, but I couldn't date a man who couldn't read or hold an intelligent conversation. Nor would I date a professional criminal, or a jerk, or a man who's mean to the wait staff.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    -Bad Hygiene.
    -Dislikes animals (especially my dogs).
    -Halitosis
    -Racism
    -Extreme jealousy
    -Lack of humor and/or takes himself too seriously
    -Is not into oral
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Deal breakers - some are just personal preferences, sorry:

BO
    Bad breath
    Unemployed
    Smokes
    Does not drink - sorry, I like someone to drink with
    Hunts - No.
    Does not like animals
    Is very religious and church-going - again, just not for me.
    Hates music