What is the one thing you can not over look when dating?

Options

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Well my list is long of things I can not overlook (probably why im single which is fine) but if I had to pick one thing would be intelligence and wit.....Its rare.......

It's not rare.....It's likely rare in the guys that catch your attention....
  • rosiecristo
    rosiecristo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Emotional baggage. I've dealth with my divorce, had the courage to go to therapy to rebuild my self-esteem and grieve over the fact that I was newly single. A man should too.

Nothing worse than trying to have a conversation with a man who is angry and bitter.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Smoking of any kind.
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    A really long list of deal breakers. If a woman has THAT many deal breakers she's probably just a pain in the a** or a overly picky control freak.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Well my list is long of things I can not overlook (probably why im single which is fine) but if I had to pick one thing would be intelligence and wit.....Its rare.......

It's not rare.....It's likely rare in the guys that catch your attention....

you're on fire today :love:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    lazy- not driven- that kind of person who is content with who they are all the time and no desire to e better.

I operate at 95 mph- I don't care if you don't want to run that fast- but if you think going 35 mph in the slow lane is cool- by all means- go for it.

But I'm not holding your hand- I'm not slowing down for you. I won't let someone else's lack of passion ruin mine.

And I can't stand stupid- or lack of sense of humor.
    The working out thing is kind of a big issue.
    Job- important- but negotiable depending on life style.
    Bikes- have to be okay with that
    Belly dance- I'm a professional- I gig- and I take a lot of class and I am around a lot of people- you have to be cool with it.
    Good with money
    good with communicating.

Strong silent type is a thing- but it's not my thing.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    A really long list of deal breakers. If a woman has THAT many deal breakers she's probably just a pain in the a** or a overly picky control freak.

Or she feels that there's no point in settling.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

Not a pain in the a** here or a control freak, just finally figured out that I want to be treated like a human being and with dignity and respect. Not walked on.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

What she said.

Because I won't date a man who doesn't respects me, I'm a PITA or a picky *kitten* control freak??
    Seems legit... :huh:
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    Options
    bad teeth. I mean, come on.

Yeah same here, I couldn't date someone who's parents couldn't afford braces as a child, I mean they are obviously out of my social class!

I cannot look over idiotic rude people. They aren't out of your social class you just don't have class at all. There is nothing wrong with having a preference but you don't have treat people like their beneath you. You're beneath them even with their bad teeth.

it was a joke

And slammed HARD on the wall behind their head. WOWZA.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Someone that doesn't know to not contact my wife
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

I agree. I've had most of the same dealbreakers since I was 20 years old and I've almost never had a bad date and all of my long term guys have been pretty great. I'm now married to my absolute dream guy, and I had a decent first marriage as well which ended amicably. I believe this is partly due to all of my dealbreakers. I have avoided so many common issues and problems due to my cutthroat weeding-out of suitors - online especially. LOL I recommend it to all women.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    No lying.
    No cheating.
    No more than two kids (I have two, and honestly can imagine ever being ok with more than four in the house).
    No more than one baby daddy.
    Must be able to support herself financially. I make good money. I will not be anyones golden ticket again. And yes, I pay for dates.
    Must be in to fitness and preferably lifting.
    Has to be in to some, but not all of, my "country" pass times. She doesn't have to enjoy everything I do, but we should share SOME hobbies.
    Being an Auburn fan is a big plus. Being an Alabama fan is not a deal breaker, but it is definitely two strikes. If you are from this state, you understand. If you aren't, you never will.
  • Desert_flower3
    Desert_flower3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    kids... seems like everyone just have kids these days at young age without getting married. I think its a big deal and kids should only be AFTER MARRIAGE.

oh and immaturity..... I like stern men
  • makingamiracle
    makingamiracle Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If she won't accept credit cards. It's a service profession, and I like the annual cash back bonus (from the card company, of course).
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options

What she said.

Because I won't date a man who doesn't respects me, I'm a PITA or a picky *kitten* control freak??
    Seems legit... :huh:

Umm...I didn't mention respect at all. Where's my jump to conclusions mat? I said having too many deal breakers. Where you got respect from is beyond me. I'll add another dealbreaker for me. Lack of reading comprehension.
  • MoJoPain
    Options
    For me the deal breaker has ALWAYS been smoking. I WOULD never date someone who smokes..it is a complete turn off of ALL my senses easpecially sense of smell and taste...

You stink
    You taste badly when kissing
    Makes me sick to my stomach....:sick:
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Personality disorders ie. narcissistic, borderline, etc. Addiction of any kind.
  • sweetage123
    sweetage123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Being close minded, rather that be toward the choices, beliefs, appearance, etc of others or just overall being ignorant.

Specifically homophobia or racism. Deal breaker IMO.