Are pepperoni balls unhealthy?!

Options

Replies

• RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    No way in the world that's <100 calories, unless it's the size of a donut hole.

It looks delicious. And it's fine. There's no unhealthy food, as long as it doesn't interfere with your ability to hit your nutrient goals and eat enough veggies.

I just assumed it's small and on a really really small plate.

I want to believe!

If we're pretending, I want it to be as big as my head and still 95 calories.

I agree with this.

But in reality, the pepperoni itself is around 90 cal and the bread is another 100. Plus cheese and sauce.
    Can I just make a bigger version of it and have it for lunch?
    tumblr_mjgr1kg6fF1rmihxno1_500.gif

That would really be ideal.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Lol, thank you everyone. I appreciate it. They are very good! And it's not really that big, about the size of a bowl.. And the ingredients say 95 calories for 1 ball. :)

Explain this witchcraft.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Well I live in Pennsylvania, so I think that's why alot of people never heard or had these before.

I am literally on a plane to Pittsburgh (well Chicago but then Pittsburgh) brand and where I can find these please!
  • butreally12
    butreally12 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    What is this brand?? I've literally been refreshing this page for five minutes because if this thing exists... I WILL DRIVE TO PENNSYLVANIA. Or Australia.
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Wow that looks delicious! Yummy way to get carbs, protein, and fat, I like it :) You did good, OP. Keep eating yummy foods in moderation, with plenty of fruits and veggies and you're good.

ETA: Though yes, it is more than 100 calories!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Lol, thank you everyone. I appreciate it. They are very good! And it's not really that big, about the size of a bowl.. And the ingredients say 95 calories for 1 ball. :)

Explain this witchcraft.

The size of a bowl...500 calories.

Unless...wizardry.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

Explain this witchcraft.

Indeed. The size of a bowl? And 95 calories? I am extremely dubious. Someone's fibbin' and it's not the OP.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    never heard of pepperoni balls here in california. fml.
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I've never seen these in the UK :cry:

But if it's really 95 calories, I'll import some.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Just cus it's low in calories don't mean it's healthy, but doesn't mean it's unhealthy either. However, I think you know the answer to this. Pepperoni is fatty unless it's turkey pepperoni, white bread is not good for you, it's a bad carb, however it's ok to have something like this once in awhile, so don't beat yourself up.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Here's a little video of how they make them (please note the deep-frying :laugh:): http://www.jognhog.com/videos/what-is-a-pepperoni-ball/

OP, sometimes you have to do a little critical thinking and not just blindly accept what someone tells you in terms of calories. There's no way on earth that those are 95 calories apiece. And no, they're not "healthy", but just about anything can be included as part of an overall a balanced diet.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    'in4' - "I want these in my life" - get some for me too please SilverRose89!
    Pepperoni is fatty unless it's turkey pepperoni, white bread is not good for you, it's a bad carb, however it's ok to have something like this once in awhile, so don't beat yourself up.
    What's up with fat?
    If you're otherwise healthy and not obese, why is white bread bad for you?
    What makes a carb 'bad'?
  • debbersannex
    debbersannex Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ha. I live in Erie, so i think that's where they only sell them.
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Never heard of nor seen these pepperoni balls, now I have seen the pic I want one soooo much! U guys and gals in the US certainly get some tasty looking food! No fair ;(
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Oh, my mother in law lives there! Not that I am dying for a visit but this might have vastly improved the quality of my visits.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Just cus it's low in calories don't mean it's healthy, but doesn't mean it's unhealthy either. However, I think you know the answer to this. Pepperoni is fatty unless it's turkey pepperoni, white bread is not good for you, it's a bad carb, however it's ok to have something like this once in awhile, so don't beat yourself up.
    tumblr_mj9nyfVYwK1rmihxno1_250.gif

eta: bolded for emphasis.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

:laugh: No. White bread is fine and so is fat.
  • debbersannex
    debbersannex Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Oh, my mother in law lives there! Not that I am dying for a visit but this might have vastly improved the quality of my visits.

Lol, :p
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

GTFO
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options

GTFO

I second this GTFO.