Swim suit approprate?

Options

Replies

• tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Once again, this thread is woefully devoid of pics. Also, where is ODUS?!?!? Someone needs to get in here to praise boobs in all of their jiggly glory.
    Haven't seen her around today -- not even on FB.

*Here!*

Who needs slapping? Who is putting down the beauty of boobies?

Oh SNAP! It's like someone said her name three times or something.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do it, because I would be uncomfortable, and I wouldn't want to make anyone else uncomfortable. I have like a sun dress cover up thing I throw on over my bathing suit if I have to go in a store or someplace, or shorts/tank top. I'm haven't been 25 for a loooong time, but even when I was 25 I wouldn't walk around in public in my bikini. That's just my opinion, and I don't live in a warm climate/beach town, so it's not something you see a lot of here.
  • copselily
    Options

Yes, but that wasn't when she insulted me. And I'm sorry, but you don't put up a public online photo looking straight down your shirt because you'e not seeking attention. So, again, I was pointing out hypocrisy. Had she not made the first comment, I would not have said anything at all to her. In fact, her opinion of where a bikini is appropriate is the same as mine (minus the part about women only seeking attention by wearing one).

I live near the beach and spend a great deal of time there. When I walk from the beach ot a nearby gas station or grocery store, I throw on my coverup.

But I didn't feel the need to come into this thread and call anyone who doesn't attention-seeking.

Eh. I don't really believe in calling out any woman for attention-seeking. Even if someone IS dressing a certain way for attention, what's wrong with that? I love getting attention when I'm all dolled up and looking pretty.

I didn't like her initial comments either but calling her an attention *kitten* is just the pot calling the kettle black. Never mind, we obviously have very different opinions. :flowerforyou:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I mow my lawn in a bikini top and short shorts. I don't have a/c and therefore I am in my bikini top and shorts almost all summer.

If I need to go to the store... I throw on a tank top. It's store friendly, and doesn't make other people uncomfortable to see my body.

Cuz... well... I have muscles. And sometimes muscles scare people.
    I don't wanna cause a stampede.

There are no words for how much I love you.

MUSCLE STAMPEDE
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    If you live in a beach town I would say its a little more understanding if you go into a store on the way to or from the beach. But just throwing it on just because seems a bit much. If you don't live in a beach town then it isn't really excusable to do so in public.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Yes, but that wasn't when she insulted me. And I'm sorry, but you don't put up a public online photo looking straight down your shirt because you'e not seeking attention. So, again, I was pointing out hypocrisy. Had she not made the first comment, I would not have said anything at all to her. In fact, her opinion of where a bikini is appropriate is the same as mine (minus the part about women only seeking attention by wearing one).

I live near the beach and spend a great deal of time there. When I walk from the beach ot a nearby gas station or grocery store, I throw on my coverup.

But I didn't feel the need to come into this thread and call anyone who doesn't attention-seeking.

Eh. I don't really believe in calling out any woman for attention-seeking. Even if someone IS dressing a certain way for attention, what's wrong with that? I love getting attention when I'm all dolled up and looking pretty.

I didn't like her initial comments either but calling her an attention *kitten* is just the pot calling the kettle black. Never mind, we obviously have very different opinions. :flowerforyou:
    I was trying to make a point. That is all.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I do. Grocery store, gas station...whatever. If it bugs people...Well. Can't please everyone. Someone somewhere is always going to disapprove of something you do.
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I live in a beach town and we don't visit stores in our swim wear.

Most places here also make it a requirement to wear shoes and a shirt inside the store.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Once again, this thread is woefully devoid of pics. Also, where is ODUS?!?!? Someone needs to get in here to praise boobs in all of their jiggly glory.
    Haven't seen her around today -- not even on FB.

*Here!*

Who needs slapping? Who is putting down the beauty of boobies?

Oh SNAP! It's like someone said her name three times or something.

It's kinda creepy, isn't it, Tom?

rCPmiKb.gif
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Also, let it be known, I'd love to bodyshame right now with some POW pics, but... I won't. Ya know, outta "respect" or whatever you want to pretend it is.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    More pics please :flowerforyou:
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Jesus, why does every single thread on this site have to turn into a petty argument?

Maybe y'all are all crabby because you're hungry :sad: .

OP: Based on the question/topic, I'm guessing you just watched the latest episode of "Girls" - Hannah's bathing suit was inappropriate. Not just because she is overweight, but because the vibe of the town was not "beach bum central".

Personally I don't care what people wear, I don't judge someone if they feel like walking around half naked - I just assume they don't care what people think.
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Jesus, why does every single thread on this site have to turn into a petty argument?

Maybe y'all are all crabby because you're hungry :sad: .

OP: Based on the question/topic, I'm guessing you just watched the latest episode of "Girls" - Hannah's bathing suit was inappropriate. Not just because she is overweight, but because the vibe of the town was not "beach bum central".

Personally I don't care what people wear, I don't judge someone if they feel like walking around half naked - I just assume they don't care what people think.

You don't judge? Okayyyyy...
  • levitateme
    Options
    LOL I judge if someone is fat and letting it hang out, but that's not what she asked.

IS IT OKAY TO WEAR A BIKINI - SURE WHATEV, DO YO' OWN THANG.

Christ on a cracker, like I said, you all just want to argue.

ETA: You should watch the episode of the show that I'm talking about to know what I really mean. If my friend was dressed like this and not allowed in a store because of it and the rest of the group was wearing clothes, I'd be embarrassed.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    LOL I judge if someone is fat and letting it hang out, but that's not what she asked.

IS IT OKAY TO WEAR A BIKINI - SURE WHATEV, DO YO' OWN THANG.

Christ on a cracker, like I said, you all just want to argue.

ETA: You should watch the episode of the show that I'm talking about to know what I really mean. If my friend was dressed like this and not allowed in a store because of it and the rest of the group was wearing clothes, I'd be embarrassed.
    Because we're hungry? That's quite original of you.

I don't watch Girls. I tried. It made me feel very sad.
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Wherever whenever as long as you look good in it.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

So which is it?
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Running errands? Probably not, BUT it depends on how hot it is and where you live.

It's not appropriate to do pretty much anywhere outside of Florida, BUT if it is 100 degrees and humid...AND you are in Florida...it's still probably not appropriate, BUT I am sure there are plenty of women with bikini tops and shorts running errands. Please put shorts on the bottom...and maybe just throw on a tank top too.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Running errands? Probably not, BUT it depends on how hot it is and where you live.

It's not appropriate to do pretty much anywhere outside of Florida, BUT if it is 100 degrees and humid...AND you are in Florida...it's still probably not appropriate, BUT I am sure there are plenty of women with bikini tops and shorts running errands. Please put shorts on the bottom...and maybe just throw on a tank top too.

It's ALWAYS appropriate in Florida. At least on the beach. Maybe not so much in my office
  • levitateme
    Options
    fbmandy55:

I will defend someone's right to do something if it makes them happy, but if they look gross doing it, internally I will think "gross".

Make sense?

I'm guessing you just want to call me a hypocrite and move on, whatever, you and everyone that responds to me is just proving my point about the angry mob of MFPers trolling and flaming, hard as hell.

I wouldn't discriminate against someone or call them an attention *kitten* because they are wearing a bikini no matter what size they are.