Do you sleep in a bra?? (WOMEN ONLY)

Options
healthytanya1
healthytanya1 Posts: 198 Member
Recently I started sleeping in my bra. This is the only way my boobs are comfortable now.

A little about myself. I'm 28 and a 34D. I had breast augmentation almost 10 years ago. Now that I have lost so much of my natural breast tissue. I seem to need extra support for the implant. Maybe I need stronger pec muscles? I used to be a part time bra wearer. Never had one on at home or just a tank top with the built in bra. So I'm having mixed feelings about feeling the need to always wear one.

So ladies, do you wear a bra to bed?

Age and bra size please. Just because I'm curious.

Replies

• Tabitha_Faye
    Options
    Oh gosh, no. Honestly, unless I'm out in public, I HATE wearing a bra. I take that silly thing off once I'm home and let my ladies breathe.

Bra size: 36D
  • beernpizza2
    beernpizza2 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I sleep in a bra. I like them to feel secured and not bouncing or rolling around. I'm 28 and a 36 B, almost a C.
  • KelARita7
    KelARita7 Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    I have always slept in a bra....36C. I hate the feeling without it. Plus I think it has helped keep them perky as well. Mine are way better after having two kids than some people who haven't had any. I think it helps!
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    As you get older, the ladies get droopier. I would also say if your that uncomfortable already, I would talk to your Dr about it. the weight loss is one factor, your only 28, when you get to 47 or after a baby, the tissue gets even less supportive. there are some camps that say wearing a bra all the time will keep them perky, beats me.

I am 47yo, 34B (didn't even get to a C cup when pregnant) I take off the bra as soon as possible. I often wear sports bras around the house cleaning and stuff, but in certain clothes I can still get away with NO bra. Being small has its advantages (FYI, I could workout without a bra until I was 20yo)
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    31 yrs old 36DD or maybe closer to D now since they are getting smaller with weight loss. No, I never have never will wear a bra to bed. That would be SOOO uncomfortable.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    No. 30F.

If you're not feeling like you have enough support:
    a.) perhaps there's something at play with your implants.
    b.) perhaps you do need to strengthen your pecs, lats, etc.
    c.) you're in the wrong bra size.

http://i.imgur.com/tgrX4zO.png
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    38yo. Bra size 36H bordering on 34J (that's 36G in American sizing). No, I don't wear a bra to bed - it would compact the girls too much and make me feel as if I'm sleeping on rocks (I sleep on my front.)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    37, 34DD or 34D (depending on brand).

My bra is only on when I leave the house or have company (and sometimes not even then). Mine are not implants, though.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    let my ladies breathe.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I agree....let them breathe.
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    No. I only wear a sports bra if I'm going to be doing some sort of moderate/heavy activity. I don't even wear them when I'm just out shopping or whatever around town. I only wear sports bras.

ETA: I have no idea what size I am since I don't wear regular bras. The last time I did (many years ago) I was a 38DDDish.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Bras are expensive, and sleeping in them is not good for them.

Plus I don't sleep in anything, it's too restrictive.

41, 32DD.

I just don't see how sleeping in one is going to help much, they're designed to give support against the vertical drag of gravity, and lying down sleeping, changing positions, I don't see what advantage it would give. Not to mention being abrasive against your skin, and underwires can give you pressure ulcers.
  • 32 years old, 36 C, I don't sleep in my bra, I take it off as soon as I get home.
  • britsnpieces
    britsnpieces Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm a 10G and I have never slept in a bra. However, my aunties told me recently I should because they think it may prevent gravitational pull. After I have children I think i'll get them done anyway (my size will not look good in another ten years).
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    NEVER!
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Never! I'm a 36DD and I don't think bras are comfortable to sleep in.
  • claramce
    claramce Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    21yo 34E

I remember sleeping in a bra once and my boobs were so painful the next day. I think I heard somewhere its bad for them to sleep in a bra..

Im all natural so maybe its just the implants making you uncomfortable
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    tight vest top for myself, cant sleep naked!
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    i always sleep in a bra . i get a comfy one not the one with the metal braces . my doctor says its best to do so aswell
  • mmartinez_az
    Options
    yes i do ............
  • MissKim78
    MissKim78 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    NO! Can't wait to take it off when I get home! LOL

Size: 38B