50 pounds by June 1st challenge part 2

Options

Replies

• tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    hi,
    I love Richard Simmons I know don't laugh but i love the music not him.

Don't apologize for loving Richard Simmons. The guy has inspired millions and his routines are infectious. You can't help but smile when you're dancing along to one of his CDs.

My husband got through his open heart surgery and was up and walking the very next day. He's still weak but his appetite is better and his voice is back. Breathing is a challenge - as they had to break his sternum to spread his ribs and get at his heart but he seems to be cooperating with the nursing and rehab staff. I try to get to the hospital twice a day.

Not sure about weight loss this week. I thought sure it would be dramatic but not so far. I'll be happy with a pound but the week is only half over so we'll weight (ha, ha) and see!
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    hi,
    I love Richard Simmons I know don't laugh but i love the music not him.

Don't apologize for loving Richard Simmons. The guy has inspired millions and his routines are infectious. You can't help but smile when you're dancing along to one of his CDs.

My husband got through his open heart surgery and was up and walking the very next day. He's still weak but his appetite is better and his voice is back. Breathing is a challenge - as they had to break his sternum to spread his ribs and get at his heart but he seems to be cooperating with the nursing and rehab staff. I try to get to the hospital twice a day.

Not sure about weight loss this week. I thought sure it would be dramatic but not so far. I'll be happy with a pound but the week is only half over so we'll weight (ha, ha) and see!

glad hubby is doing good.
  • raindancer
    Options
    I admitt I have not been posting on here like I am supposed to! I will be better! This past week I weighed in at 196!! I am officially in ONEDERLAND!! I still have a LONG ways to go but this feels like a HUGE accomplishment for me! I am excited to see what the scales bring next week!
    :flowerforyou: AWESOME... I hope(plan) to get to onderland in mid March. That will be the first time since 1997
  • abrandhausen
    Options
    Glad to see a few more posts here. I wish everyone the best and hope we can all stay motivated!!! I'm struggling to get back on track after a terrible cold. I'm off to the Y now for Zumba! I love it! Have a great day everyone!
  • alibur85
    alibur85 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I need to keep this challenge going. Im falling apart. I have been on an emotional roller coaster for like a month now. Im going to be here everyday now. I forget sometimes of the motivation you all give me. I have to fast today for the doctors and just ruined it by eating yesterday. So, i have to do it today and go in tomorrow for blood work. :grumble: :explode:

I"ve been on an emotional roller coaster myself over the past week. It's so hard to find my motivation again!
  • JulieTX86
    Options
    I need to keep this challenge going. Im falling apart. I have been on an emotional roller coaster for like a month now. Im going to be here everyday now. I forget sometimes of the motivation you all give me. I have to fast today for the doctors and just ruined it by eating yesterday. So, i have to do it today and go in tomorrow for blood work. :grumble: :explode:

I"ve been on an emotional roller coaster myself over the past week. It's so hard to find my motivation again!

Here quick fix motivation.... it works for me.

NO EXCUSES!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obdd31Q9PqA
  • billybed
    billybed Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey there folks here is the chart for this week. I have removed a couple of names of people who either a) never get back to me or b) have not logged in for at least a week (and therefore fall into A).

Nov29.jpg

On another topic, you can see for a lot of people this was a rough week (your American Thanksgiving and all) but that begs the question of how are people going to survive Christmas? This is something we need to talk about and should have strategies for...
  • aprildauer
    Options

On another topic, you can see for a lot of people this was a rough week (your American Thanksgiving and all) but that begs the question of how are people going to survive Christmas? This is something we need to talk about and should have strategies for...

I agree we need to come up with some strategies to not have a gain over Christmas. I know I need to do something. I know I lost over Thanksgiving but that doesnt mean I will lose over Christmas. My goals are to not fill my plate as full as I normally would but not ignore all the foods I love during this time of year because if I did that I would probably over eat later. Just small portions.
  • bhonniered
    Options
    When I 1st heard about the challange I thought - hey I could do that, but wow it has been a struggle for the last couple of weeks. We bought our 1st house and it has really disrupted my routine. I finally went back to the gym last night - 1st time in two weeks :frown: . I need to really step up my exercise. So tonight instead of just vegging out when I get home from work the girls and I will go for a walk and explore our new neighborhood.
  • billybed
    Options
    Yeah, my wife and I have been talking about it. We are hosting my side this year so we can ensure our breakfast and lunch are proper. Supper it will be portion control and then watch for whatever your weakness is... my wife is baking and mine would be alcohol. Just don't let it go too much but still have a good time. We also thought that we could really up our exercise that week to help offset any 'damage' we do do that day.

We are lucky since our Christmas doesn't last a week we really just need to survive the one day.
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Here's a Christmas strategy - instead of making a huge meal at home (it comes with leftovers you know), volunteer at a church, shelter, or soup kitchen and serve the homeless and the hungry. It will certainly put things in perspective. We spend so much time worrying about what we're putting in our mouths, it is time to think about those who have nothing to put in theirs.
  • raindancer
    Options
    When I 1st heard about the challange I thought - hey I could do that, but wow it has been a struggle for the last couple of weeks. We bought our 1st house and it has really disrupted my routine. I finally went back to the gym last night - 1st time in two weeks :frown: . I need to really step up my exercise. So tonight instead of just vegging out when I get home from work the girls and I will go for a walk and explore our new neighborhood.

Congrats on the new house.:flowerforyou:
    Sounds like you have a grat plan for getting back on track.
  • raindancer
    Options
    Here's a Christmas strategy - instead of making a huge meal at home (it comes with leftovers you know), volunteer at a church, shelter, or soup kitchen and serve the homeless and the hungry. It will certainly put things in perspective. We spend so much time worrying about what we're putting in our mouths, it is time to think about those who have nothing to put in theirs.

Connie that is an wonderful idea.
  • TessaL221
    TessaL221 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Please lets keep the challenge going. I can't afford for the challenge to stop. :(

It seems like this topic is more of a check in on monday kind of thing and nobody really comes back much after. There isn't too much chit-chat going on.... so.... I'll start. :bigsmile:

Yesterday I had to take my puppy (puppy meaning my 3 year old 70 pound chocolate lab, lol) to the vet, she tried to jump a short metal fence, but failed. :( 12 staples and $250 dollars later she is actually doing pretty well. It already looks like it is healing nicely, and she doesn't act like she even injured herself. (she didn't even act like she injured herself when it happened, crazy dog). Let's see what else..... Today I had a test for nursing school. I didn't study one bit for it. Which is so VERY unlike me. We have a test every two weeks, and I am just so fed up with studying. Every day my life is surrounded by studying. So for the last two weeks, I just didn't study. Which of course my grade is now reflecting. I made a 74% on my test today. (Which in nursing school is a D -- aka, I failed the test :grumble: ). AWESOME! (note sarcasm) Thankfully, my last test I made a 96% (see where studying gets you kids!). My final is one week from today, and from my low grade on this test I pretty much blew my chances of getting an A in the course. :( I have to make above a 55 on my final in order to pass the class, and above a 77 to get a B in the class. In order to get an A in the class I would have to make a 100% exactly on the exam. HA yeah right! Oh well, it was nice having those two weeks off from studying. Oh and I also skipped about half the lectures, whoopsie. haha :laugh:

I know how you feel. I'm also in school, have 4 kids, a husband in the military, and am getting really tired of feeling like I'm missing out because of studying. It is stressful but the end result will be worth it just like weight loss. I try very hard to embrace the processes life makes us go thru to come out on top.
  • billybed
    Options
    That is fine and noble but impractical. Most people will be at home or visiting and will be surrounded by tons of food and snacks and without a sound strategy to go into this with will have negative results.

I am simply trying to get people to be more cognizant of this fact and maybe start making plans or whatever to help minimize the situation.
  • TessaL221
    TessaL221 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm VERY worried about Christmas... and not that actual day, but 2 weeks after as we will be going to visit family 1000 miles away and they all think they need to feed us because in both mine and my husband's family food is love. I really CAN'T eat the portions I used to (heck, I just ate a lean cuisine pizza and feel like I gorged myself), but I'm afraid of offending people. My stomach has shrunk now to the point that i can't eat more than 250-300 cal a meal.

I hope to get to ONEDERLAND by Christmas (that's only 10 lbs or so away)!

Also, I have a military ball coming up next friday. I'm super excited, but worried about it at the same time, because I have already taken my dress for alterations so i'm stuck the size I am for the most part if i want it to fit. It's strapless, so it's more a matter of if i don't want it to fall off of me while dancing, I won't lose more than a couple pounds. Have decided that I will be posting an updated pic of me in my gown... it will be 60 lbs less than the one up now!
  • eamartin
    eamartin Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hey there folks here is the chart for this week. I have removed a couple of names of people who either a) never get back to me or b) have not logged in for at least a week (and therefore fall into A).

Nov29.jpg

I never got an email from you :( Dont know if I am still even in the challenge??
  • raindancer
    Options
    I am working on a menu that includes Ham, Baked sweet potato, some sort of veggie, pasta & broccoli salad, peach cobbler, and a coke cake of some kind. We eat pretty simple.
    My guys don't like most casseroles.
    We don't get out much for the holidays so that is not a issue. I don't do the cookies and homemade candies thing.

Over the last few years I have tried to move the focus of our holidays more to family not food.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    smith9905-congrats on hitting Onederland! I'm hoping to join you soon! :bigsmile:

CSchachel - glad to hear the hubby made it thru surgery....still will be keeping you both in my thoughts! :flowerforyou:

As for the Thanksgiving gain I had & hoping not to do the same for Christmas..... Well my parents were at my house for 4 days over Thanksgiving and I didn't get to the gym at all! I KNOW that was my major problem. I should have just got on the treadmill at least, but I was too busy cleaning up all the messes in the house! OK I'm OCD and my parents show up & just spread their things everywhere! I mean EVERYWHERE! Plus the puppy (who I love to death) had a few messes, so I was cleaning those up and his toys were EVERYWHERE as well! He has at least 30 different toys and he plays with every single one of them! Cute as can be, but REALLY? Its like having a 2 year old in the house! :laugh:

Christmas will be much easier for me, as it is NOT at my house! YAY! I will be off work the 23rd & 24th, so I plan to go to the gym both mornings to get my workouts done. Last year I managed to lose 10 lbs between Thanksgiving and Christmas without really even trying....so this year I'm going to TRY to do it this time! :bigsmile:

I'm hoping to end the year well into ONEderland so that I never have to see that 2 in my weight again! :bigsmile:
    P.S. I've already lost my Thanksgiving gain...so my weight for next week is already looking much better! YAY!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Oooh!! This looks like a great challange! Is it too late to join?