When people get the wrong kind of "treat" for you.

Options

Replies

• Fedup23
    Fedup23 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I should be proud or ashamed of how many responses this got >>

Its been a slow day... maybe people just wanted something silly to fight about rather than the usual "I ate xx calories for a week and gained/lost XX pounds, am I in starvation mode?" ;-)
    \
    ?
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Oh, and speaking of 'gelatinous egg goo', am I the only one who takes a bite of the shell and then eats that part first? Is that normal or am I a total psycho? #fatkidproblems

I nibble a small hole in the end and then scoop out the creme with my tongue before scoffing the chocolate shell.

You should do that in front of large groups of women.

Can't imagine why, I don't see it as a spectator sport...

*ponders*
  • Gingergal12
    Gingergal12 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Really?
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    The hierarchy goes Chocolate & caramel > Chocolate & peanut butter >x1,000,000 Chocolate and gelatinous egg goo.

Sacrilege! There is no better combo on this planet than chocolate & peanut butter!

Chocolate and Bacon > All
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

Welcome to Friday at MFP.

Oh, and I don't see the problem. It wasn't a Reese's Peanut Butter Egg. In that case, you should never eat them. In fact, if you ever find yourself with one, send it to me. I'll take care of it for you.
  • tink11464
    tink11464 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    In the "almost" 2 hours since the post started you could have drove, walked, took a bus, etc... and just gotten the egg you wanted and never even said anything to him (or tell him - whatever), unless you live more than 1 hour each way away from any store that sells these eggs. *not being a smarty pants, just saying :)
  • cshouston81
    Options
    The appropriate response is to go "ah damn, I wanted the creme not the caramel. Thanks anyway." then not eaten it, or eaten, or whatever the hell you want to do. I'll never understand why people have such a hard time with communication :P
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I have to know what kind of treacherous chocolate peanut butter ice cream lead to your downfall. I do not belittle your pain, just....you know...for science.

That's the horror of it all. Any kind. Brand doesn't matter. Even generic, store brand works. So long as it's chocolate ice cream with that hard ribbon of peanut butter running through it.

You dig in to take a bite, but you want the right balance of peanut butter to chocolate. And oh no, there's too much peanut butter on the spoon. So you balance that out with more chocolate. Repeat. Repeat. Peanut butter begins to get scarce so you dig deeper to find what's been hiding in the corners...

At the end it's you, an empty box, and shame. Sweet, delicious shame.
    Do not, I repeat DO NOT, ever even try one bite of Moose Tracks ice cream.
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    In the "almost" 2 hours since the post started you could have drove, walked, took a bus, etc... and just gotten the egg you wanted and never even said anything to him (or tell him - whatever), unless you live more than 1 hour each way away from any store that sells these eggs. *not being a smarty pants, just saying :)

I know o-^ It's more that this situation can happen a lot, and I was wondering what people's go-to response is.
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 2nd marriage and my personal opinion is pick your battles.

If there is something I REALLY want, I just get it myself. My husband means well but I think he has ADHD or something. He simply can't remember. 2 years ago his daughter drank all my coffee creamer, he got up at 6 and ran to store to buy me more and wouldn't you know he bought the wrong one?? How can he live with me for 8 eight years and NOT KNOW what creamer I drink ... that's how I thought at the time.

Now approaching 10 years and I know his heart is in the right place but he just isn't gonna get some things right. My favorite flower is Lily. On 3 separate occasions including Valentine's LAST week... he bought me tulips. I could get upset bc he doesn't remember my favorite flower OR I can be happy that he took the time to go and buy me flowers ... *shrug*

Said all that to say... maybe mention it in passing but it's a good possibility he'll screw it up again and if it is REALLY important to you to have something SPECIFIC... just get it yourself. :flowerforyou:
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Stupid thread. I haven't had a Cadbury Creme Egg in years and now it's all I want!
  • Iknowsaur
    Options
    Stupid thread. I haven't had a Cadbury Creme Egg in years and now it's all I want!

I am so sorry .-.
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Crack open the caramel egg. Smear a tantalizing bit of the caramel across your bare collarbone or decolletage (your choice). Lean over to your dear BF and whisper something sweetly seductive. Tremble a bit as he devours said caramel. You then purr into his ear "We should do that again with the creme eggs sometime." You will come home to 3 dozen Cadbury creme eggs tomorrow night. Problem solved.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

im not sure what emotion you should have regarding the number of replies.

i am actually struggling with my own emotions regarding this thread at the moment.
    when i first read the OP i gave you the benefit of the doubt, and figured this thread was posted for some trolling fun.
    after your last couple responses, i'm beginning to think that you really do need advice on how to NOT EAT SOMETHING YOU DONT WANT.

you are either an incredibly talented troll, or.......not.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Uh, it's not even Easter. Keep it seasonal girl.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    I can't believe we are on 5 pages and nothing about the bunny..

cadbury-bunny.jpg
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    when he asked if you would like him to bring you anything and you told him a Cadbury egg, were you specific in the exact type of egg you wanted? If not, there's your problem. If so, then just casually explain the difference for future reference.
  • Iknowsaur
    Options

im not sure what emotion you should have regarding the number of replies.

i am actually struggling with my own emotions regarding this thread at the moment.
    when i first read the OP i gave you the benefit of the doubt, and figured this thread was posted for some trolling fun.
    after your last couple responses, i'm beginning to think that you really do need advice on how to NOT EAT SOMETHING YOU DONT WANT.

you are either an incredibly talented troll, or.......not.

Am disappointed in you .-.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    when he asked if you would like him to bring you anything and you told him a Cadbury egg, were you specific in the exact type of egg you wanted? If not, there's your problem. If so, then just casually explain the difference for future reference.

this.
    my other half would have deffo come back with the same egg. but i love all types of milk chocolate so would have eaten it anyway.
    if you dont like the one he bought just done have it and explain it was the wrong one. should nt be a prob.