What is the worst comment you ever got about your weight?

Replies

• iamspdd
    iamspdd Posts: 134 Member
    I had a boyfriend that told me that he didn't want to have "relations" with me anymore because he couldn't handle my weight. We had only been dating a few months and I was 10 less then when we started dating. I had a 6 month old and was full time in college. The "freshman 15 + pregnancy = WOW!"

He's now my EX boyfriend.
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    My sister once called me on the phone and said "I just read this great article and thought of you. I saved it for you to read".... I said oh really what is it about. ... she said " It was about EMOTIONAL OVER EATING". To this day.. I always think the following when I think of the event "THAT *****". Ha... I am happy now so it doesnt matter but seriously. I actually wasnt that overweight at that time in my life either. She is just NOT a nice person.
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    When I was young, I was super skinny and people make comments that I was anorexic. I ate like a horse - I was just super active. Needless to say I started to eat a lot so I could gain some weight and look healthier.

Well it worked! When I was 23, I was much heavier (probably 160lbs at 5'4). I started a new job and our divisional VP was introducing all the new employees - one of them was pregnant. He, incorrectly, assumed it was me and introduced me to the entire division that way. Needless to say I was mortified. When I tried to clear up the rumors by putting playful signs on my office door and telling others, his secretary pulled me aside and told me he wanted it all taken down. No apology, no public "clearing of my name", just take it down and pretend it didn't happen.
  • I was only around the age of 10 or 11 but I still remember her exact tone and expression to this day.

A girl in my class was trying on a new shirt she got and I asked her how it worked out and if she liked it and she responded with "Its too big but if its lose on me, it'll be tight on you!". It effects me to this day. :grumble:
  • FrankieFrench1
    FrankieFrench1 Posts: 289 Member
    Two guys in subway offering me half of their footling sub because I looked 'eating disorderd' some people are so ignorant.
  • Lucassvg
    Lucassvg Posts: 190 Member
    My ex-husband said I am not walking down the aisle with you with a fat belly. I wasn't even the weight I am now.
  • mamabanana
    mamabanana Posts: 62 Member
    usually I get ''when is your baby due'' , ''didn't you have that baby already?' and ''oh, Your pregnant again, congrats!'' :/
  • KeepSmiling76
    KeepSmiling76 Posts: 11 Member
    AMEN ON THAT! MORE POWER TO YOU! DON'T EVER LET ANYONE EVER DEGRADE YOU OR CRITICIZE YOU EVER AGAIN! YOU CONTINUE DOING WHAT YOU'RE DOING FOR YOUSELF AND KIDS AND LET THE REST OF THEM DROWN IN THEIR OWN MISERY! KEEP IT GOING AND KEEP SMILING! YOU ARE A TRUE INSPRIATION! CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 5K'S AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR FUTURE ONES! GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CONTINUOUS WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY! DON'T EVER GIVE UP! WE'RE ALL ON HERE FOR A REASON.....TO FIGHT FOR A HEALTHIER TOMORROW!
  • kangakev
    kangakev Posts: 2,430 Member
    a young teen passed me in street....I was standing in bus queue....he said "****ing hippo" as he passed by
  • x1v16
    x1v16 Posts: 66
    My best friend from high school didn't see me for a year and I put on like 30-40 pounds and lost 10 pounds of muscle. First thing he did when he saw me was go "WOAH what happened!" and pointed at my gut.

Friggin jerk.
  • shanreta
    shanreta Posts: 19 Member
    "You look good now (I weighed 115 lb and was tired and hangry all the time) but if you ever get to 130 lbs we can be friends but we won't be sleeping together."--said by ex douche bf.

You should have replied, "Great, pass me that ice cream!" :laugh:
  • i have this aunt that i rarely see. the first things she says are always "my, getting chubby there!" or something similar. this time (i have toned up and lost weight) she says, beaming, "great job, you are so thin!". then she couldnt take her attention off me. It made me feel like she couldnt associate with me just because i was once 20 lbs heavier.
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    My mother would call me fat, take food off of me, would lock her bedroom Door when she was out of town so I wouldn't wear her clothes and stretch them out, all the comments from her alone....not including any from kids at school ....resulted in me having No self esteem even when I had lost weight, I still have the internal struggle of feeling like a monster,....
  • CalistaBruno
    CalistaBruno Posts: 34 Member
    My ex-boyfriend once said: "Your shoulders are so thin! You're meant to be skinny." He also said: "How do you feel about the fact that you'll never be smaller than a size 8?" He was dumped raaaather quickly.
  • 123losinforme
    123losinforme Posts: 73 Member
    when I was a junior in high school I was "in love" and dated this guy for two years, he told me if I lost at least ten pounds he would marry me- I was a small size 9, played in all sports very fit. thank God he dumped me :-)
  • 123losinforme
    123losinforme Posts: 73 Member
    a young teen passed me in street....I was standing in bus queue....he said "****ing hippo" as he passed by

that is hurtful, kids can be so mean. I'm sorry
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member

that is hurtful, kids can be so mean. I'm sorry

Sadly it's not just kids, it's society in general. Heavy folks have always been looked down on (odd since at one point being big meant you were successful and could afford food) and these days thanks to media and the internet people think they can say whatever they want. I thought it was just an issue in the US but it seems like every country has these idiots these days.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    So I am not a "slim" person, and I never have been. I am 5'9 and in high school I was quite involved in sports but no matter what I did, I just couldn't slim down.

Anyways, there was a couple girls in my high school who were the 5'3 "perfect figure" girls who called me shrek. I have also always done well in school, so in class if the teacher asked a question they didn't get they would say "Oh I bet shrek knows the answer". At first, I didn't really get what they were talking about but eventually it sunk in.

Also, before I met my other half (who is the BEST partner I could have ever asked for, he's so supportive about my health journey), I was out with a couple girl friends just having a good time and I was talking to this guy who my friend set me up with. After about 5 minutes, he looked at me and said seriously, you need to lose weight - I thought you were cute from the picture she showed me but no guy wants a girl with a permanent apron (referring to my "pouch" which, I will admit is one of my biggest problem areas, although it really isn't that big, never has been)

At the time, I was so mad! Like I went home right then and there mad but now I am getting healthier, I get the whole taking care of yourself thing as a reflection of how you look - but he was just being a jerk and he definitely didn't have to say it like that.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    "You're not THAT fat."

I mean...damn man.
  • AIZZO4
    AIZZO4 Posts: 404 Member
    My mom would call me fat, disgusting and all sorts of horrible things. Together with the kids at school, who would tease me and tell me how they could never see me with a girl, I had low self esteem and always felt like I was no good, ugly, and worthless.

Now that I am older, I have more confidence but it still hurts at times.