December No Late Night "Junk/Health Snacking

lulabellewoowoo
lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
edited September 22 in Motivation and Support
Welcome to a new monthly challenge. If you frustrated with your snacking late at night, in particular on chips, popcorn and M&Ms, and blowing a great day of healthy eating on those later hours, join us in the struggle to defeat this habit and change it to: "No more late night snacking!" Take either dinner or a cut-off time to be the last time you eat for the day, after which tea and water only drinker. Or decide to only eat fruits and vegetables after dinner instead of that ice cream and chips. Then stick to it! and most importantly, stick to us, so that you get over slip-offs. Be certain that you can do it!

Join at ANY time, with each of us individually tallying daily for a grand total at the end of month. Don't give up. One night of non-success does not scrap you for the week or the month. Make a goal, and if you overcoming one extra night a week or month of success, then you are a winner!

Can't wait to see you on here. We'd love to have your support. Help us out!!!

Replies

• garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    I will so join in this challenge. This is something that I had given up & gotten over, but recently I slipped back into it. It started slow, but then I did it about 4-5 times last week. So, yesterday I had decided no more, and then I woke up to this post. THANKS!! This is is just what I need.
  • bkmush
    bkmush Posts: 27
    This is exactly the challenge I need! I eat very well all day, work out and feel great. Then tuck the kids into bed and....all heck breaks loose. Because of my meds i do need to have a small snack right before bed BUT my December goal is to keep it under 100 calories (a piece of fruit is actually all I need).

So after dinner (which we typically have sometime around 6) I will not consume more then 100 calories along with some decaf. 0 calorie teas and probably a heck of a lot of sugar free gum :)
  • Count me in as well. That is a constant struggle for me!
  • bballgrrl34
    bballgrrl34 Posts: 174 Member
    I would love to be included in this. I am always struggling to not eat late at night. Especially since it normally pushes me over my calorie allotment.
  • hollydetra
    hollydetra Posts: 50 Member
    I'm so in. I need this challenge so bad! Let's do this!

Thanks for posting this. It feels so good to get excited about losing weight!
  • kristenMcP
    kristenMcP Posts: 25 Member
    I'm in! I've been doing a bad job at this lately!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Welcome, welcome! The problem we all face is that when we fail one night, two nights, three nights, that we just give up. But don't!!!

Take a look at last month's post:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/130974-november-no-late-night-snacking

Us die-hards failed often and regularly, and yet here we are again this month. Unfortunately, too many of us gave up or just forgot to sign in and encourage the others. So please stick with us. You'll see a difference and get some pretty good tips.

For me, I have the alarm set on my watch for 15 minutes before my cutoff. That gives me a reminder to start winding down my dinner/dessert or drink. Another thing I do is allow myself two late-nights during the week (mostly on weekends) but still having a cut off time, usually two hours before bed.

Let us know your success secrets. Posting starts tomorrow morning ;)
  • lulabellewoowoo
    ME 1/ LNS 0

Man this challenge really saved me last night. I was definitely ready to go for the snacks after a stressful conversation with ex. Thank goodness for my alarm and being held accountable.
  • I am in, this is my one remaining weakness (and not liking plain water!) I am making a vow not to eat past 7pm (or 2 hours prior to bed - I work nights and go to bed at 1 or 2 in afternoon some days. Only tea or diet cocoa.
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Great, I'm in! Cut-off: 9 p.m. (in the best case, I'm in bed at 11:30, but that's more like a wish than a fact :smile:).
    Started well last night :happy:: Me: 1 - LNS: 0
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Im in this month too.....I missed my goal by 2 days last month. So I have to have 23 days of No late night Snacking to reach my goal this month. My cut-off time is 8 pm.

Me: 1 ~ LNS: 0

Starting off the month good, let's hope I end it the same way. :smile:

Welcome to all the new ppl & Welcome back to everyone who took on the challenge last month!

Good Luck to All! :drinker: (water)
  • I'm in... this is my weakness. I work till 10pm, hit the gym at 1035p, get out of there by 1a and get home just in time to snack! But my snack always turns into a meal, so I am so in.
    I need to get back into a small meal/snack when driving from work to gym
  • Hi all, this is not going to be an easy one for me
    me: 1 - LNS: 1
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Hi lovely people. How are we all doing? I see a lot of successes, even if it is just one night. Here comes the weekend, so this is usually where my big weakness is. Plan ahead. And be fair to yourself. If you are usually out and about and up later, then make your time later. If you are sitting at home, going to bed at the same time, then try and stick to a reasonable time. We have such great support, but I don't want to see us lose it after the weekend. Remember, even one night out of 7 when this has been your weakness for a long time is a great success. It's where we all start and sometimes even now end up. So keep it going ladies. We need ya.

AFM:
    ME 2/LNS 0
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    lulabellewoowoo , thanks for keeping the challenge going. Also, congrats on sticking to the challenge despite your aggravating conversation. That is a real accomplishment.

As for me, I was out to dinner last night but only had water when I came home. I was tempted, but remembered the challenge. So:
    Me: 2
    LNS: 0

Sat. night will be a challenge because we are out for the evening, but I have an 11:30 cut-off on speical occasions - I just have to remember! Maybe I'll set my phone too. Great suggestion.

My suggestion, which I have mentioned before and need to start doing myself again, is to floss and brush teeth before cut-off time. Another idea is to use teeth whitening strips at cut-off time.

Have a great day everyone and good luck this week-end!
    Zaza
  • I'm in, too! For various health reasons, I have to eat a little something after dinner, but it doesn't have to be pie or ice cream or eggnog. For me, I will eat dinner before 7:00 p.m. and snack only on fruits or veggies thereafter. If I'm going to be out after that, I will plan ahead and bring my own snacks just in case there is nothing healthy where I'm going it. If where I'm going has yummy desserts I don't want to miss out on, I'll stick to my own snacks and bring some dessert home with me to enjoy the next day when I've got the calories for it and it isn't too late in the day. So let it be written, so let it be done. ;)
  • I am in! I am trying to adjust from a nocturnal lifestyle to a regular on. Not doing so good tonight, still up. But last night I was asleep by 12am. So I am used to eating dinner about now and I am honestly hungry. I am not going to eat since it will only aid the problem I am trying to get away from. Late night meals are defiantly a problem for me. When you are doing events and grabbing the quick nibble here and there on what ever is available (usually not healthy at all) Then home the big end of the night meal. It's the thank goodness we made it through another night and everything went well take your shoes off throw back a few drinks and eat. I am just going to throw down a nice hot cup of peppermint tea and try to get some sleep. Can't eat while sleeping right.?.

Katherine
    :drinker:
  • Fit2_T
    Fit2_T Posts: 317 Member
    ME 2/ LNS 0
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Me: 2 ~ LNS: 0
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Wow, everyone's doing so great!

Zaza, how are you? Long time since I said "Hi". :flowerforyou: Good luck to you too this weekend. I know you can do it! Just make sure there's no Coke in the house.
    Lorna, good start! Actually everyone had a great start. Hah, me included! :wink:
    Loveme, many thanks for your kind words in the October challenge - it's so good to be back when the team is so nice, working hard to reach their goals :flowerforyou:
    tamaramtz, do people tell you every now and again that you look a bit like Celine Dion? Had to look twice, to make sure it's not her! :smile:

Welcome, peep! Lets make the Christmas cake a reward and not add guilt by eating it :wink:

Oh, almost forgot :laugh: : Me 2 - LNS 0
This discussion has been closed.