What's That Smell??

Options

Replies

• summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    The smell of the barn. Sweaty horses, wood shavings, feed, hay, manure, wooden planks and beams.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Sandlewood reminds me of my parents house. My parents and grandparents used to burn incense to honor my great grandparents in front of a small shrine. After we lit one, I'd listen to stories about them. I wish I wrote some of that down.
  • jrniven
    jrniven Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Humid air after it rains in the summer, and chlorine. It reminds me of spending summers on the east coast with my family in NJ. Summer thunderstorms, hanging out with cousins and swimming in the pool. I miss those times.
  • misti777
    misti777 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    The way my dad smells. I noticed recently my uncle jim smells a lot like him. Or at least his truck does. But it's like a mix of cigarettes and a kind of overall man musk. Not like the cologne musk, but just kinda the way an older guy who smokes cigarettes and pot smells.
  • Sunflwer3
    Sunflwer3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The smell of two strokes in the desert. Brings back great memories of when my husband and I first got together.
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I love the smell of the cold crisp air--just before it snows :)
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    fresh mowed yard and pine-sol always do it for me.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    6:30 in the morning ( 7:00 on Sundays ) with the smell of freshly hand ground and hand dripped coffee wafting through my grandmother's home.
    To this day ( almost 60 years later ) I grind my coffee each morning and hand brew it with a Melitta filter I swiped from her home, after my grandmother died in 1986......
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    The smell of my husband's skin.

And freon. When I was a kid I used to love sticking my head in the big freezers at the supermarket.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Ozone

Burning pipe tobacco

Georgio Bevery Hills perfume

Wildfires (weird, but I grew up in SoCal, and the smell instantly reminds me of running around grabbing things in case we had to evacuate. I was young and didn't realize what a big deal it was so picking out my favorite things was kind of fun)

Coastal air
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I also really like the smell of rain. Yes..it DOES have a smell!

Me too! And also the coffee aisle in the grocery store. I could stand there all day, but the employees think that's weird. Oh, and the orange smell of Swee-Touch-Nee tea reminds me of my mom.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    The old Coppertone, like SPF 4 or 8. One whiff and I'm back in Florida with my grandparents, looking for sharks teeth on the beach. So many happy memories.
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Old Spice... my dad wore it all the time and as a kid, I would always get him more for Christmas... whether he needed more or not!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Orange blossoms and cocoa butter
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Coffee, Crayons, freshly cut grass, paint, onions cooking, baked goods...
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Baking bread :heart:
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Puppy breath
    Rain
    The ocean
    Cucumber melon
  • arwacky
    arwacky Posts: 1,653
    Options
    Baking anything..mm brownies!!

Chlorine cause a swimmer can never hate that smell

Honeysuckle

Fresh summer afternoon/freshly cut lawn
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Fresh cut grass and alfalfa

Darla liked the smell of Alfalfa, too.

I'm probably stupid but.... Darla??? Who is that?
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Coffee

Oh my goodness, yes - I forgot to mention this one. The smell of freshly brewing coffee, always reminds me of my father. I loved smelling the coffee in the morning when I woke up.