• ajkebluegirl
    ajkebluegirl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join also
  • yportia
    yportia Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I just joined this site today and would like to join the challenge. Please let me know what I need to do.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Welcome: :flowerforyou:
    Yportia,ajkebluegirl, and heathershrinking.
    Our weigh in day is mon. We send our weight to billybed who is the greatest:smooched:
    He is the one who is keeping up with our progress on a chart. Glad to have you here.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Just a warning- my weigh in days can very ..could be every morning, once a week, once every few days..but im really working on not weighing in for a while..take a break from weigh in. I'll report any loss that comes in each time..sometimes it might be a while to report but I am keeping my finger crossed for any loss. I have 50 pounds left...hope to make that for summertime!!
  • summerbert
    summerbert Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I reached my first mini goal. I weighed myself today and I was two lbs lighter so 206. I have officially lost 20lbs!!!! I hope to lose another 20 by my birthday/anniversary 2/7/11.

I am feeling pretty confident about the holidays. I can make a piece of chocolate last two days and a candy bar last two weeks. For the food portion it is pretty much the same as Thanksgiving. i will be measuring my food and watching what i eat. I may kick up my exercise too so I will lose instead of staying the same
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    Have decided that I will be posting an updated pic of me in my gown... it will be 60 lbs less than the one up now!

Oh that will be awesome, can't wait to see it! :) ... And, for what its worth, unless the dress is almost falling off you now, i dont think a few pound loss between now and next friday will make any difference.... Invest in some 3M double stick tape :)
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    We host the extended family's Christmas/Eid/Hanukkah celebration (although Eid is creeping more and more ahead of Christmas/Hanukkah every year!).... I am not a huge fan of the meal per se.. i AM however, one to nibble and munch my way thru the day. Even when its hummus, veggies, lauging cow wedges and the like, that stuff adds up. I am notorius for my humongous cookie tray, but will be scaling it back --- waaaay back --- this year. In fact, i plan on sending my 6 yr old over to my mom's to "help her bake" before christmas rolls round hahahahha. Another plus in my column: i am a tea-totaller, so have no alcohol calories to worry about. Now if i can keep the nibbles, cookies and peanut butter fudge (tradition!!!) in check, i will be ok :)

I went into thanksgiving dinner with a plan and for the most part, stuck to it. I brought a sweet potato with me and cooked it in the microwave so i could have a baked sweet instead of the candied ones :) Had a great loss that week too.... Didnt hurt that i got in a good run that morning too, but thats harder to do on Christmas when there are little ones in the house!

Great topic... lets keep it rolling!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Thanks RainDancer!
  • MartyDiller
    MartyDiller Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Ok, so here is where i'm struggling! My husband and I are experiencing a VERY tight checkbook right now. It makes it so hard to buy healthy food. Then it makes it so hard for me emotionally. I need to get a hold on everything, and I start to feel like everything is crashing down around me. Does anyone have any helpful hints for me to make it more affordable? I need to change my attitude very quickly or I will continue to set myself up for failure.:frown:
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    I went in to Thanksgiving with a very solid plan and stuck to it. Will be tackling Christmas the same way (although it will be 3 celebrations instead of 1)! I plan to eat normally for the day (Xmas Eve) as the big party will be appetizers and dinner that evening. I take my own water so I have 2 32oz water bottles and that is what I will drink. The party is 2-10ish or so and I will finish both of the water bottles during that time. I stay away from appetizers, taking that time to talk and catch up with everyone. As for dinner, I will eat mainly turkey and only have very small portions of other dishes. Will allow myself dessert but only one of the many and it will be a small serving. It helps that NONE of my calories come from beverages whatsoever.

I actually have NOT been exercising for the past 2 weeks because of a horrible ankle injury (it's been swollen and throbbing for 2 weeks and they can't figure out whats wrong...FUN). But I'm still losing! Really making better food choices with exercise out of the question for right now (they don't even want me standing at my job so when I'm home, my foot is up as much as possible).

I may change my weigh in days to Friday...haven't decided yet...but will still report them on Mondays each week.
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    Ok, so here is where i'm struggling! My husband and I are experiencing a VERY tight checkbook right now. It makes it so hard to buy healthy food. Then it makes it so hard for me emotionally. I need to get a hold on everything, and I start to feel like everything is crashing down around me. Does anyone have any helpful hints for me to make it more affordable? I need to change my attitude very quickly or I will continue to set myself up for failure.:frown:

Do you have an aldi by you? The produce isn't the best, but it's pretty reasonably priced. Other things I do are buy the 3 lb bag of apples at super walmart or meijer rather than picking individual apples. I don't really buy any 'processed and packaged' foods for snacks so my staples are fruits, veggies, eggs, deli cheese, chicken, and ground turkey. I can get a pound of ground turkey at meijer for $1.00 and make baked meatballs to have as handy snacks. I try to boil eggs twice a week so I can always grab a hard boiled egg if I need a quick snack. With the chicken, I will make baked chicken strips and grab that for a quick snack as well. I buy chicken in bulk when it's on sale for like $1.29/lb for boneless skinless chicken breasts. Good ways to save! It isn't always easy with a husband and kids to feed to limit things like chips, pretzels, etc as snacks but I do the best I can!!! I am a real bargain shopper so send me a message if you need more help!
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    Walmart will also price match, so bring in that Aldi's ad (or similar low-price ad) and have them match the produce prices with their (higher quality) produce. Just give the ad to the cashier and tell them that you want to price match.... Also, if you start following some of the coupon blogs out there like My Frugal Adventures, etc, you will learn how to save some money not only on groceries but on household, personal care and medicine therefore enabling you to transfer more of your $$ in your budget over to groceries. PM me if you want couponing advice. You really can save a lot if you go in with the right strategies!
  • raindancer
    Options
    I reached my first mini goal. I weighed myself today and I was two lbs lighter so 206. I have officially lost 20lbs!!!! I hope to lose another 20 by my birthday/anniversary 2/7/11.

I am feeling pretty confident about the holidays. I can make a piece of chocolate last two days and a candy bar last two weeks. For the food portion it is pretty much the same as Thanksgiving. i will be measuring my food and watching what i eat. I may kick up my exercise too so I will lose instead of staying the same
    Congrats on your goal.

I'm looking for 206 by my birthday that will be 100lbs from my highest weight
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Okay ... PIZZA IS EVIL!!!! Why is something I love so much so darn mean to me ... I'm up 2 lbs this week. :grumble:
  • raindancer
    Options
    Okay ... PIZZA IS EVIL!!!! Why is something I love so much so darn mean to me ... I'm up 2 lbs this week. :grumble:
    Lots of sodium...drink lots of water. You have plenty of time before Monday. Have faith.
  • raindancer
    Options
    This is a first for me. Friday my dept is going out to Furr's cafeteria for lunch. I looked up the menu and decided what I want and logged it into my foods for that day. Calories 399

Now if I can just be blindfolded and my food brought to me:laugh:

Here is a update:
    I ate what I had planned except steamed spinach and sf apple pie. (No calorie bargain)
    I had blackened talapia, cole slaw(vinegar not mayo based),green beans, steamed spinach, garlic cheddar biscuit and sf apple pie...I am stuffed. If I have it right it is 881calories for this meal. I could have made better choices but I could have done much worse.
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    after a week+ of being sick (pnemonia) my appetite is coming back... and it aint pretty. Too bad my energy didnt come back with it :huh:
  • billybed
    billybed Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    what a gong show today is turning into... even with a good burn skating I am gonna be quite over as we had a celebration for a successful co-worker.

Peking Duck ugghhh!!!
  • TessaL221
    TessaL221 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling sooo sick right now~ My son's 8th birthday party was today and I had 2 slices of pizza and a piece of cake. I was within my calorie goals, but that was just waay more than I can eat in 1 meal. Tomorrow needs to be better.
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Walmart will also price match, so bring in that Aldi's ad (or similar low-price ad) and have them match the produce prices with their (higher quality) produce. Just give the ad to the cashier and tell them that you want to price match.

Unfortunately, Aldi never advertises their produce prices. Their ads feature just the specialty items they feature - mostly non-food. I buy my produce there and even if I have to toss an apple here or there, the prices are still better than most. And throughout the week they have special marked down produce - bags of mixed salad greens for 49 cents, acorn squash for 10 a pound, yellow onions 3lbs/99 cents.

I buy many of their Fit and Active line with reduced fat/sugar/sodium and save big time on comparable name brands.