Just for Today

Options

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Just for today: I will get out into the beautiful sunshine while it lasts.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: moderation is key.
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    This is pretty much how I feel. I get extremely overwhelmed at the thought of eating healthy and exercising for the rest of my life. I take things one day or one week at a time.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: U-turn time.
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    That's how I am with sweets...one cookie is too much and a thousand is never enough.
  • LoveAthena
    Options
    I love this!

Just for today: I will get up and exercise.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will do my workout.
  • ImpishVanity
    ImpishVanity Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I allow myself the cookies - but only if I've worked out enough to justify the calories. I don't restrict myself anything. I just plan it all out in my daily calories. Being too restrictive is the way I have failed in the past. So I let myself have everything I want -in moderation.

The first step was definitely to stop putting it off though. "I'll start going to the gym tomorrow" or "I'll start my diet on Monday" or whatever other things I may have told myself over the years have certainly done me no favors.

So today and everyday I log my calories. I work out most days. And I restrict myself nothing. I feel this is sustainable.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will get back on my WII Active
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Workout done!
  • ditzie2009
    ditzie2009 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just for today: I have had some "me" time and felt better for it
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Just for Today: Continue reminding myself I have all the strength I need to move forward.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I am strong!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,437 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I'm stronger than my cravings for trigger foods.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will keep going strong ALL day instead losing motivation in the evening.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Today: I will stick to my plan
  • pavenewpaths
    Options
    I feel like you crawled into my brain and wrote my thoughts down. Thanks for this.

Just for today: I'll eat well and exercise for thirty minutes.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    This is something that I wrote to a group on Facebook. I wanted to share with you in hopes that my crazy visual might inspire you.

"I'm trying to put some thoughts into words, please bear with me. I love this group. People are so supportive of one another and I really enjoy sharing in your success! Yesterday, and again today, someone shared a victory that they trivialized as being smallish. It got me to thinking. Weight loss often seems like a climb up a steep hill, a very difficult climb. When I hear someone talking about a victory, whether big or small, I image that a stair has appeared to help us up that steep climb. Don't ever think that it is just 5 lbs or that the jeans that you are just able to button are still too tight. Imagine the stair that that 5 lbs has created to get you (and me ) to your next victory."

Just for Today: I will not trivialize my success. Every victory provides a stair to help me succeed.
  • wheelercheryl
    wheelercheryl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love the thought too of just for today....just for today I can be disciplined with my eating and input all that I eat into my fitness pal. just for today i can stay on this plan...just for today I will love myself enough to change my habits. Thanks for sharing
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,437 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: Get my exercising done early.