You're welcome!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Bump :smile:
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Thanks for bumping. If I were to adjust this a bit, I'd likely add in some form of auto regulation. Maybe simply leave the number of sets open ended. So on days you feel like poop, you can do less volume and on days you feel like superman/woman you can do more volume... essentially dialing your training dosage to your body's level of readiness on any given day.

Of course it also depends on the person. Some people need rigid guidelines. When they have an option to slack, they take it, and thus ultimately don't do enough work to fuel progress.
  • roxma
    roxma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Dgross1
    Dgross1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • lbransford
    lbransford Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • frannie078
    frannie078 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This is great! Thanks!
  • DebRives
    DebRives Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Bumping
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Thanks for bumping. If I were to adjust this a bit, I'd likely add in some form of auto regulation. Maybe simply leave the number of sets open ended. So on days you feel like poop, you can do less volume and on days you feel like superman/woman you can do more volume... essentially dialing your training dosage to your body's level of readiness on any given day.

Of course it also depends on the person. Some people need rigid guidelines. When they have an option to slack, they take it, and thus ultimately don't do enough work to fuel progress.

Hey Steve!

Just curious if you would introduce autoregulation right out of the gates on someone or would you interject that at a later point?

FWIW I'm on an autoregulated program and I love it, although I do occasionally face the challenge of remaining objective about my performance levels and balancing out reality vs ego and I think I've made a few mistakes in both directions in that regard. Still love it though, and I've gotten better at it as I go.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    here.
  • willowcreeklane
    willowcreeklane Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • JCLondonUK
    JCLondonUK Posts: 159
    Options
    Bumping for reference. Great post :-)
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Intresting :) thanks
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Bumping for reference good info
  • Izzy62
    Izzy62 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Are bridges and hip thrusts as effective as deadlifts? Due to back issues deadlifts a big no for me. Similarly, are step ups as effective as squats?
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    Bumpity bump
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • RachelX04
    RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I am so glad ss recommended this. Thanks for the info.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Tagging for later.