Replies

• Lifelink
    Lifelink Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    2731102250_35ce339c40_z.jpg
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm honestly surprised that someone who was that far off on estimating calorie counts for strawberries would be making progress without a scale, but if it's working...
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    For whatever reason I'm having hard time finding the answer....the stuff in the database is just odd.

The best I can find is that for 4 strawberries (whole), it's about 150 calories....that sound about right? I blend 4 strawberries, 1/2 banana and 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein for one hell of a delicious shake.

I'm just wondering about the calories, I'm seeing anywhere between like 60 and 150.

They seem to be just regular size strawberries.

Serving Size 1 cup (144 g)
    Per Serving % Daily Value*
    Calories 50

Calories from Fat 0

Total Fat 0.0g 0%

Saturated Fat 0.0g 0%

Read more: Calories in Driscoll's - Strawberries, Organic | Nutrition and Health Facts http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-driscolls-strawberries-i322462#ixzz2udCWJLNO

I got the information from a quick search. Hope this helps.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    For whatever reason I'm having hard time finding the answer....the stuff in the database is just odd.

The best I can find is that for 4 strawberries (whole), it's about 150 calories....that sound about right? I blend 4 strawberries, 1/2 banana and 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein for one hell of a delicious shake.

I'm just wondering about the calories, I'm seeing anywhere between like 60 and 150.

They seem to be just regular size strawberries.

Serving Size 1 cup (144 g)
    Per Serving % Daily Value*
    Calories 50

Calories from Fat 0

Total Fat 0.0g 0%

Saturated Fat 0.0g 0%

Read more: Calories in Driscoll's - Strawberries, Organic | Nutrition and Health Facts http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-driscolls-strawberries-i322462#ixzz2udCWJLNO

I got the information from a quick search. Hope this helps.

Here too. The drop down box gives you tons of ways to measure the amounts. I wish MFP and this site would sync on whole/natural foods and clean up the f'n database!
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/2064/2
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Actually, I did read it. But you still asked for advice in some form. Even if that was just the calories in a strawberry. People have provided that, and based on how far off you were made further suggestions, entirely sensible ones at that, and you've just come back and told them that you know better than them.

and again I had already said no to the food scale yet people still insist. do I know better than them what works for me of course I do I have had success with what works for me I was looking for general information on approximations for one f****** strawberry. next thing you know I'm getting relationship advice in this thread

If he lifts, put out.
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    How do you know when an entry in the database is the "official" entry?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    No * next to it.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I'm honestly surprised that someone who was that far off on estimating calorie counts for strawberries would be making progress without a scale, but if it's working...
    If you're OVERestimating your intake by that much, then of course you will make progress without a scale.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'm beginning to suspect that OP had a very bad experience with a food scale earlier in his life.

That's my best theory on his strong emotional reaction to the recommendations to use one.

OP, please show me on this doll where the food scale touched you.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    No * next to it.

Unless you're on the app, and then you just have to click and hope.
  • amsky
    amsky Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    If you're OVERestimating your intake by that much, then of course you will make progress without a scale.

MY concern for OP is that if he is so dramatically wrong calculating the cals in a freaking strawberry and so grossly over estimating calories , that his weight loss is largely attributed to UNDER eating due to over gestimations on cals ...and again this is WHY so many wise and helpful MFP'ers suggested a getting a food scale.

OP needs to learn to say THANK YOU when given AWESOME and HELPFUL advise !
  • rml_16
    Options
    No * next to it.

Unless you're on the app, and then you just have to click and hope.
    Ah. I don't use the app.

Amy -- true story!
  • fitandfortyish
    fitandfortyish Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    2731102250_35ce339c40_z.jpg

^^^^This :heart:
  • Monty_P
    Monty_P Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Dude doesn't want a food scale. End of story.
  • Teenie71
    Options
    Actually, I did read it. But you still asked for advice in some form. Even if that was just the calories in a strawberry. People have provided that, and based on how far off you were made further suggestions, entirely sensible ones at that, and you've just come back and told them that you know better than them.

and again I had already said no to the food scale yet people still insist. do I know better than them what works for me of course I do I have had success with what works for me I was looking for general information on approximations for one f****** strawberry. next thing you know I'm getting relationship advice in this thread

dude, sounds like your miserable and may need a twinkie or something. Chill, jeez. If you didnt want any answers then dont post questions on here.
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Strawberry banana smoothies are delicious. Definitely get a digital food scale. One cup (152g) serving of strawberries - 49 calories, 12g carbs, 3g fiber, 1g protein.

pssst...ixnay on the igitalday oodfay calesay.

I'm pretty sure it's elscay. :drinker:
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Strawberry banana smoothies are delicious. Definitely get a digital food scale. One cup (152g) serving of strawberries - 49 calories, 12g carbs, 3g fiber, 1g protein.

pssst...ixnay on the igitalday oodfay calesay.

I'm pretty sure it's elscay. :drinker:

LOL

First thing I thought when I read that post was, "no, it's alescay".
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Dude doesn't want a food scale. End of story.

Whatever.

I'm buying the guy a food scale for Christmas this year...and one for his fiance too.

Everybody gets a food scale!

[oprah.gif]
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Wait! Are those organic strawberries? No? You ate non-organic strawberries and didn't weight them with a food scale?
    Were you wearing blue socks and standing on one foot at the time?
    Because obviously if you don't do everything just the exact same way the previous posters do, YOU'RE WRONG!!! :huh:

P.S. You should buy a scale. :laugh:
  • bc2ct
    bc2ct Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Not enough. This is why strawberries require cream... also, sugar... sometimes, champagne.