Weight Goals for women between 5 feet 11 and 6 feet tall.

Options

Replies

• brittneymcmurry
    Options
    I am 6 ft tall and my goal weight right now is 200lbs. I have been all over the scale : 170-260 (after 3 children and being literally unable to walk/work out due to an accident), and the most comfortable I felt was right around the 200lb range. When I was at 170lbs I felt like I looked like a stick man- no real curves or boobs or butt. When I was about 190-200lbs I felt like I looked like a woman at last. Right now I am at 245lbs so I have a few more to go before I get there!
  • natachap72
    Options
    I have read most of the reply and I am very confused. I am 5 feet 11 and started at 290 pounds and I am currently 186 pounds. I went on some of the link that were posted and my ideal weight should be 140-155 pounds. I really don't think that is realistic at all. I mean is ideal looking anorexic..... My ideal weight would be 175 pounds and nothing lower. I already have lost all my boobs, and see my rib cage popping out when I lift my arms I cant imagine what it would be with an extra 40 pounds off. My advice is make little goals to not get discourage with a idea of what your long term goal would be and each time you have reached the smaller goals re-evaluate your ultimate goal. Best of luck to all of you
  • nicole_skalski
    nicole_skalski Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I am 6 feet tall and my goal is 149, but looking around at everyone else, that seems sort of low? I am not sure now. I started here at about 178 and I am down to 165, but I am still pretty chunky. I am not as concerned with my weight as I am with limiting my intake of processed foots and just looking more toned and being more confident. I think I would be happy anywhere between 145-155 pounds, unless I started building a lot more muscle
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11'' and I was at about 168 for a long time...up a down about 5 lbs. Now lately I've been at about 173-176. My goal is to lose body fat and get to a size 8. Right now I'm in a 10, so I guess I'd have to lose about 10-12 lbs or so and build muscle. I'm aiming for about 160 but will see how I feel once I get there. I'm not looking to be skinny...just in shape, toned and not flabby...period. Just started up with the weights again so I will hit my goal sometime in later Spring/early Summer.
  • RenaHewitt
    RenaHewitt Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    bump to come back later!! :) Great job everyone!
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Great thread. i'm 6' tall and my goal is to land somewhere between 165-175.

The trick for me is to be patient and keep at it. Being so tall I find I have to lose a considerable amount of weight before it is really noticeable.
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    5'10"
    I have been 165lbs (I was 18) and 200 lbs (early 30s)
    My Dr says 180 is good. I have a large frame, broad shoulders, ample hips and a butt. :)
    I think that is more realistic at this point in my life (and I was happy at 200lbs as well)

and just to give some perspective and that sizing is weird! At 18 I was a size 11/12 and in my early 30's I was a size 13/14.
  • stibbs77
    stibbs77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 6 feet tall as well. I have been trying to lose weight for 7 years. I haven't always been consistent until July 2013. When I started in July I was 275 lbs. I am now 225 lbs. My doctor says the ideal weight for someone my height is between 150-180. I am reaching for 180. I have a blog that you can look at

http://sheonasjourney.blogspot.com/

I usually work out 3 to 5 days per week. I generally do anywhere from 40 to 60 minutes of cardio. In addition, I do another 30 to 40 minutes of weights. The gym has been a great source for my weight loss. Eating healthy is another. I only eat meat 2 times per week. I don't eat pork at all. I try to stay away from sweets and friend foods. I try to balance it out. For instance, if I eat fried foods today that means next week I don't eat anything fried. I make sure I get my water in. Every morning I start my day with a fruit veggie smoothie.

I also belong to a facebook group that has been very helpful and encouraging. You can check it out:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/lizzieshealthyeatingandweightloss/

I hope this is helpful!
  • GR8DAY7
    GR8DAY7 Posts: 2
    Options
    WOW, Lots of tall women here, great to see! I'm in the same boat, 5'11" and currently 246 from 255 about 6 weeks ago. My doc put me on 1400 calories. I'm gaining weight again! I was at 243 10 days ago. All on a constant 1400 a day (or a little lower). Tracking my calories daily here, very detailed, I weigh everything. Ugh! Doc said not to work out too much or I'd have to adjust my calories. I do 2 days of weights, just to help strengthen my knees and arm, nothing too crazy. I was doing T25 for 5 weeks and didn't lose a pound. I found out my metabolism is about 14% lower than the norm, so that doesn't help. Just hoping for more weight lose over the next 6 weeks before my next doc appointment.
    As for the weights, yea, 150-165 is crazy low. I felt good at 185 (if I remember correctly, it's been so may years). Guess I'll see how I feel when I get there. I'd be happy to get under 225 at this point, that I can remember, about 7 years ago.
    GOOD LUCK ALL!
  • denisey94
    denisey94 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 ft tall and at my highest weight I was 270 (January of 2012), I'm now at 195, I've looked at a lot of ideal weight calculators and such and they've told me anywhere from 150 to 190, I have a large frame but I'm not particularly pleased with the current jigglyness of my stomach and thighs so I'd like to get down to 175-180 with more muscle.
  • kdyke12
    kdyke12 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 6ft tall and just had a baby 5 months ago. Before pregnancy I weighed 198 during I hot up to 270 and am now down to 202 and really trying to get down to 160 or so. I am just sick of the whole or you don't look that big... well I am lol
  • KierstenBoBiersten
    KierstenBoBiersten Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welp, i'm 6'1''.
    My goal is probably gonna be from 190-210.
    Gonna see how I feel when I get down there.
    I also have an incredibly large build. :)
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 started at 275 now at 249. I was looking at a chart for the US. at how much I should weigh and read 125. I do not think I have ever weighed 125 LOL!
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 started in Sept at 275 now at 249. I was looking at a chart for the US. at how much I should weigh and read 125. I do not think I have ever weighed 125. My Goal is 199! But truly anything I can get below 200!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and my aim is 140lbs.
  • onefitchick75
    onefitchick75 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My advice is to stop focusing on a number. Eat healthy (in a way that will be sustainable for a lifetime), exercise, and your body will settle where it needs to be! I am 5'11" and sitting at 143 pounds. I started around 200...unfit, not healthy and quite miserable. If you are interested in my story, you can read it here.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1154161-overweight-to-fit-in-9-months-52-pounds-down
  • newgirl512
    newgirl512 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FeliceLilithFawn
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and I weigh 146lbs. My lowest was 133lbs but I wasn't that thin even at that. My goal weigh is around 120. I think it all depends on your body shape and what you're comfortable at.
  • onetallmamma
    onetallmamma Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just started/re-joined today. I'm 5'10" - 5'10" 1/2 and I'm starting at 228. I weighed 150 in my early 20's and looked too thin. I think 160 is a good goal for me but my first goal is 199 (a little under half of what I feel I need to lose). I'm starting out at around 1400 calories/day for now.

I'm glad there are so many tall girls on here!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and hovering at around 131Ibs and 12-14% bodyfat.
    I have never weighed more than 150, and am always a bit bemused when I see women claiming they would look emaciated even at the higher end of the healthy weight scale(BMI), which imo, is perfectly adequate for the majority of people, barring those who have a large amount of muscle mass or a medical issue.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!