Guys like heavier girls?

Options

Replies

• vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    a male friend of mine at church (who likes to flirt) saw I was dropping weight.

first question: how much are you going to lose?
    My reply, I don't know, I'm strengthening muscles, so the weight is almost a side issue.

2nd statement: Well don't loose your curves..you're beautifully proportioned the way you are.

So there is something in the curvy balanced thing....
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    You're sizes are different to ours in australia but from those pics posted I like about a size 4-10 but closer to 6 :)

But mainly, someone who is into exercise and well toned. Not someone who is small because they don't eat.
  • AdventureVia
    AdventureVia Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    guys lie.

I plead the 5th to say anymore than that, guy code and all that.
  • Fatoshie
    Fatoshie Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    well I always knew guys like curves and bog boobies and such but then explain me this. Im not a big girl, Im just a little over weight and I have a pretty face so yeah Im cute (LOL Im so humble too). But Im saying this for a reason. Everytime Im on the street with a skinny friend next to me, all guys look at HER, not me. even if this skinny friend is not very pretty looking.. the guys on the street are so random you dont even need to ask them, just watch their faces when you are walking with a skinny/fit girl friend.
    If guys like curves... then i have no idea whats wrong with the guys on the street. LOL
    Also, my coworker was almost my size and she started this crazy diet thing and lost a lot of weight now she gets a lot of compliments and loooooots of guys around her ;)
    Maybe the guys that are answering your question are really picking the bigger girls coz they wont have to worry about losing her for someone else.... you know...
    One time i had a friend he was talking about how he decided to marry his girlfriend and settle down and I remember what he exactly said, "...there will always be someone more beautiful, there will always be someone skinnier, but im in love with this one so i will marry her..." AND on a note, the girl was already S K I N N Y!!!

But if you ask me, Im trying to lose weight for my OWN self confidence. Im single but im not losing weight for guys. :)
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Anyway, personally, every girlfriend I've had for more than 2 weeks has been a size six. I love sixes. The girl I'm seeing now is probably like a 12, and it won't last too long I don't think. But damn I love big boobs.

So, are you saying it won't last long because she is heavier than a size 6?
    Well, partly it's that. I'm really, really not a particularly shallow person, but I do have things that I look for in a long term partner, and a smaller frame is one of them.

To be fair, the girl I'm seeing now ... we've been kinda seeing each other for a couple weeks, but really casual, and she lives outside of town—but she's been in several times to do casual things with her friends and hasn't invited me, even though we typically talk like every day. So in all honesty, I think she's a little embarrassed to be seen with me in public because I'm so thin, comparatively. I make her look bigger.
  • pinecone
    pinecone Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Men say this, but when I was a (british) size 14 I got alot less male attention than I do now I'm a 8/10. Maybe that could be to do with confidence, but I think it's because I look better in a skirt.

I think what men really mean is that they want a size 6/8 with DDs, as the cosmetic surgery industry is evidence of. What I think it comes down to is how you feel anyway - there will always be a guy whatever your size, but there will be more if you feel hot, whatever shape and weight that may be.
  • pamp1emousse
    pamp1emousse Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    From what all my male friends say, and also what feels like common sense to me, is that unless a guy is a health freak the concept of taking a very thin (and I'm talking US 00-2) girl out for a meal only for her to decline the wine and order a salad, dressing on the side, is not particularly appealing. IMO people are attractive when they look healthy on the outside AND on the inside.

A lot of talk on this thread has been about being "curvy" - I just wanted to make the point, that there's a difference between curvy, the politically correct word for "overweight" and curvy "big bust, small waist, big hips". I would argue that a lot of men (not all of course) who say they like their women "curvy" are NOT talking about a B-cup size 18-20 girl, but maybe they are talking about a really well proportioned, hourglass 18-20.

I think what this thread really shows is that the idea that "men like x" is just nonsense, but really there's room for everyone in the world (fat, thin, curvy, flat), which of course is great news!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    My son and husband don't go for the skinny, athletic girls. They say eww if a woman has too many muscles as well. I lost weight and have received tons of compliments but I still have curves. I plan on keeping it that way. I choose to look like a woman, not a 13 year old girl.
  • Nattiejean57
    Nattiejean57 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    From what all my male friends say, and also what feels like common sense to me, is that unless a guy is a health freak the concept of taking a very thin (and I'm talking US 00-2) girl out for a meal only for her to decline the wine and order a salad, dressing on the side, is not particularly appealing. IMO people are attractive when they look healthy on the outside AND on the inside.

A lot of talk on this thread has been about being "curvy" - I just wanted to make the point, that there's a difference between curvy, the politically correct word for "overweight" and curvy "big bust, small waist, big hips". I would argue that a lot of men (not all of course) who say they like their women "curvy" are NOT talking about a B-cup size 18-20 girl, but maybe they are talking about a really well proportioned, hourglass 18-20.

I think what this thread really shows is that the idea that "men like x" is just nonsense, but really there's room for everyone in the world (fat, thin, curvy, flat), which of course is great news!

I agree 100% My husband loves me the way I am but I know he would not complain if I lost the gut but kept the hour glass
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    There is a wide range of size/body type that can be very attractive. I dont really favor one end over the other.
    The biggest thing I dont find that attractive is too many muscles, or overly ripped.
  • xxPeppaxx
    xxPeppaxx Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I like them big. I like them chunky. Chunky!....Lol... But my wife is thick and I love her that way.

MOTO MOTO!!!! lol
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Thanks to the OP for sharing. :flowerforyou: I really loved reading everyone's responses.

I was a size 14 when I began. I felt I received an adequate amount of attention from the opposite sex . However, I didn't feel as confident as I do Now, at a size 6/7. :happy: Currently, I feel HAWT and can't nobody tell me different. :happy: :laugh:

IMHO, it has alot to do with your Self-worth and Body Porportions (sp). :flowerforyou:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Just so all sides are represented, my coworker said he prefers a girlfriend so skinny, "People would worry about her".

I do agree with the people who have said it is your attitude that makes you truly attractive.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Men enjoy curves if you have them in the correct places. This girl does not have curves in the correct places when she's heavy. I have a huge gut, no boobs, no discernable waist...hardly the kind of curves that are considered ideal.

My friend Niki, on the other hand, looks AMAZING as long as she's larger than a size 10. Seriously. She's got the kind of body that should be the subject of a work of art.

I think it just depends on YOU and at what size you look your best.

Charmagne
  • brittlynne3579
    brittlynne3579 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I just think it is a preference. I've know lots of dudes who like slim, athletic women and some who do prefer thicker girls. I'm a modern day size 14/16 and I have no problem getting dates. That does go back to proportions as I am very much an hourglass shaped girl, which I think is an advantage.

My girlfriends will often get hit on instead of me who are slim and it really doesn't bother me. Everyone has certain things that turn them on, so of course if a guy is instantly attracted to a slim, blonde, they aren't going to find me super attractive being a thick brunette. As long as you are kind to people and treat them well I think that is all that matters. I've openly hit on guys and they have been very polite in saying they prefer skinnier girls and I appreciate the honesty. I've also, sadly, had guys be very rude and call me fat, which was hurtful and painful.

Just be kind and hope that you find someone who is a good person.....looks aren't everything.
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of guys who prefer a girl with meat on her bones. Super skinny girls are breakable. I also think things change as a man gets older. Meaning a girl found attractive to a 20 year old may not be the same for a 40 year old. Often as men age they appreciate the natural beauty of a woman.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I find this thread fascinating. I personally find fit, curvy girls the most attractive and that is what I am aiming for. I realize that men may not have the same preference as me but I'm the only one that has to see myself naked in the mirror every day and I want to be able to enjoy the view.

In a way, this discussion reminds me of a quote from one of my favorite movies. "Your lines show you're lived. If he doesn't love you when your face looks like a map, tell him to hit the road." Of course, things like that are easier said than done.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Put a gorgeous size 14 in a bar next to a gorgeous sie 6, I wonder who will get picked up. just sayin...

Both of em :)
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Well.....I am a female that likes females : ) & I prefer a "thicker" woman.Really skinny with no meat on the bones is not attractive to me..I know you ask what "guys" like but I wanted to chime in....lol hope ya don't mind...

Agreed.. although big breasted women have always intimidated me lol