21 Day Challenge

Options

Replies

• codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Day 5/21 in the books just barely hit my 12k step goal. Went for a walk with the fam to the park, splurged on breakfast but not too bad the rest of the day.
  • joetalk
    joetalk Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    ok had a rough night last night, realized i was very lonely after i binged on carbs.. seems thats my comfort food lolol

today i managed to pull my **it together and get back on track, something that usually takes me weeks to accomplish, im proud that i am here again so soon and am likely to continue on track tomorrow,

to reward myself for my efforts ive spent a few extra dollars on a larger variety of fruit and veggies for the week so i dont feel quite so bored of the same old stuffs

so, didn't quite make it through day six, but im back at it today and am wrapping up day 7/21 with what is a personally huge accomplishment

cheers

joe
  • DP325i
    DP325i Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'll jump in, I have a vacation on march 27 so this is perfect for me, which will put me at 180 (Last time my friends saw me I was 230lbs) I'm going for the shock reaction.
    1) Drink 8 12oz glasses of water per day.
    2) Workout for at least 1.5 hours per day, 6x a week.
    3) Don't forget my multivitamins once.
    4) Walk my dog (1.8 mi walks) 3x per day.
    5) Don't forget my protein shakes before/after workouts (learned the hard way that you need the amino shakes post-workout =( lol)
    6) Watch my portions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    7) Lose 10lbs by March 24th **12 by March 27th**
  • chellegola
    Options
    good plan. What is C25K?
  • DP325i
    Options
    good plan. What is C25K?

Couch to 5k run, basically getting new/beginner runners to be able to run a 5k in 8 or so weeks
  • jdhubbard
    jdhubbard Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Days 4, 5 an 6 done... Not perfect, but definitely progress. It was a busy weekend with my SIL and son's birthdays, hockey wrap up.

MFP calorie goal - I was over two days and under one. But with two birthday dinners that's not too bad in my books! I avoided going completely off plan and tracked everything. Looking back I am able to see where I can make better choices the next time. For example I no longer enjoy vodka coolers (to sweet now I guess) and will say no next time instead of taking one as a courtesy.

Exercise - Met my goal two days, but didn't get to exercise yesterday. However, I spend the day preparing/hosting my son's 6th birthday. Only sat for a total of about 30min between 7am-430pm so I'm sure there were some calories burned. At least I felt like there were! I'll do my last day of C25K Week 3 today.

Water - Drank 2L+ per day

Looking forward to Week 2. I lost 2 pounds last week and hope to make it into the 180s this week!!
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Week 1 complete, and everything seems easier to do than before

1) 45-60 minute workouts 3x a week - Check
    2) C25K 3x a week - Check
    3) Stop swearing - Way better
    4) Log onto MFP daily and record the good and the bad (hopefully no bad) - Very nice if i do say so myself
    5) Take a hike on Sundays for an hour or so - Beautiful day for a run, ended up helping a friend move so hike was cancelled
    6) Meal plan, meal plan, meal plan - Done, done, done
    7) Lose 10 pounds by day 21 - on track 3 pounds down after 5 days
    8) Keep it up day 22 and on - can't see that being an issue

Keep it up team, everyone seems to be doing great.
  • geebeeyorkshire
    Options
    Hi - so this is day 7/21 - can't believe I'm a week in already, and I feel so different about eating and exercise. I've been really active and done some form of exercise every day even though my goal was 3 times/week. My food choices are improving as well, and I've lost 5lbs, so I must be doing something right!

And what's more, I'm loving the kindness thing - meditation is really helping me, even though I'm only doing 5mins every morning at the moment, and I find it hard to stop my thoughts rushing at me - it's definitely working in making me more mindful. I even saved(I hope) 3 worms this morning that were drying out on the pavement - I put them on the damp soil under a hedge in the shade. I'm finding it hard to know how to respond to others being negative around me and unkind and (verbally) aggressive towards me though. Obviously you can just walk away sometimes, and try and be understanding that they're acting out of some sort of pain in their life ... but when it's someone you have no choice but to spend a lot of time with ... how can you cope - it makes a gnawing, anxious feeling start in my chest, which I'm sure isn't beneficial to my health! And I think unkind thoughts and hate them. Any ideas gratefully received...
  • DFasso23
    DFasso23 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Day 7 of forever in the books. On to the 2nd week!!!
  • J3nnyBeanz
    J3nnyBeanz Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    First week I lost 1.5 pounds and have met all my goals except for community service Saturday, which we are doing this coming Saturday. Have a great tomorrow everyone. I haven't had a chance to read through all the post put plan on it tomorrow.
  • J3nnyBeanz
    J3nnyBeanz Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    good plan. What is C25K?

Couch to 5k run, basically getting new/beginner runners to be able to run a 5k in 8 or so weeks

I started this last week
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    6/21 got in my weight lifting, steps, then came home and did t25 bc I made some really bad choices with our staff potluck. On the positive side I know I can't do that again because I felt aweful from the sugar high.
  • Renegade706
    Renegade706 Posts: 209
    Options
    Excited to say my 8th day of 21 was the best day yet! I had a great workout, at 5am no less, productive day at work, great food choices hit my water goal and all my other goals! Thanks again to everyone on this thread for your support and motivation, we got this!
  • DP325i
    Options
    Day 1, DONE!

1) Drink 8 12oz glasses of water per day. Drank 11
    2) Workout for at least 1.5 hours per day, 6x a week. Did 2 Hours
    3) Don't forget my multivitamins once. Took em
    4) Walk my dog (1.8 mi walks) 3x per day. Walked her once (was flipping cold out!!)
    5) Don't forget my protein shakes before/after workouts (learned the hard way that you need the amino shakes post-workout =( lol) Did both
    6) Watch my portions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kept portions small
    7) Lose 10lbs by March 24th **12 by March 27th**
  • joetalk
    joetalk Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    day 8 done, another success today i get all 5 stars :), and i have calories to spare if i get absolutely starved before bed :)
  • jdhubbard
    Options
    good plan. What is C25K?

I started this last week

Good luck! I just finished week 3.
  • jdhubbard
    Options
    Day 7 - Yesterday was an NSV (non scale victory) for me. It was one of those crazy days full of driving, meetings, errands, etc. I got my to-do list finished at work/home, made a healthy supper, took the whole family grocery shopping and bought a fridge/cupboard full of healthy options and then still got my workout in at the end of the day. I was under my calories and hit my water goal.
    I think I can do this!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Day 8/21 Success

1) Complete all 10 workouts per week - 1 done. On track
    2) Reach water target daily (2 litres) - Yip
    3) Stay within calorie budget daily - Yip
    4) Spend 30 minutes each day in prayer or reading the Bible - Yip
    5) Log workouts and ALL nutrition each day - Yip
    6) Check in on this thread every day - here it is
    7) Avoid negativity - Yip, off day makes it easy
  • DFasso23
    DFasso23 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Day 8/21 done. Chest day this Tuesday morning. Did about 10 different workouts- I know it's gonna hurt to lift my arms later today.
  • befitnow3
    befitnow3 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    ^bump^
    Love this!!
    I just committed to similar goals in a new blog post yesterday(Monday;)!
    Good luck to us all, amen!!