Liquid diet

Options

Replies

• craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    First you want the MFP masses to rubber stamp your liquid diet. When they don't your mother becomes a nutritionist. When that doesn't work, you "dr" put you on a strict liquid diet for digestive issues.

As a nurse I can tell you liquid diets are only done in very extreme circumstances. A person cannot swallow and requires a PEG (Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy) tube (they drill a hole into the side of your stomach, the tube goes directly into the stomach and liquids are poured into the tube), a patient has severe nausea and vomiting and can't tolerate anything else (this is only recommended for 1-3 days), diverticulitis (ditto to n/v).

I think you've been outed as a

i8zHCt8.jpg
  • Gogetter1314
    Options
    Im not blending anything.. just sticking to fruit juices.. healthy homemade soups. and thanks for the input from people speaking from experience. And the rest of the people, i know you are speaking out of concern so i appreciate it. I have an agenda for this so kindly hope for a success :)

this is an agenda for being skinny fat ....

"the road to muscle loss" would be a good title for this plan...

theres going to be a looooooooot of toning going on!!!
    Not to mention a goal weight of 97lbs.

It's okay. Her mom is a nutritionist.

Hey Mr "Hornsby". How long will you sustain if you stop working out? If you start Binge eating? What you are doing is a lifetime change right. So am I. I will give this a go for sometime then switch and start toning exercise well..whatever works and i am healthy. Dont quote the negative. if you stop you will have negative affects too.

You can sustain any weight loss without working out. I have been unable to work out for four weeks now after a vigorous workout schedule. By simply eating smaller portions of the same food I ate for the past 5 years while working out 5-6 days a week I have actually continued to lose weight.

When people eat real foods to fit their fitness/health goals - whether it's to gain, maintain, or lose, it's easy to adjust your calories accordingly and still live a normal life within their calorie goals.

He may lose fitness if he stops working out but it doesn't mean he will gain weight.

However, Hornsby, my assumption is that you are an advocate of eating..... just going out on al imb :)

Yes, but only lean chicken and broccoli. Everything else will make you gain.

ETA in case it wasn't obvious...:insertsarcasm:

Bully much?
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Serious questions.

1) Will you be drinking juiced veg

2) will you be drinking juiced fruit

3) where will you be getting your fat and protein contribution of the diet from. Plus what will your daily calorie goal be?
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting that you take the time, OP, to respond to the other type of posts, but have completely ignored my serious questions, and comments regarding your main points and issues here. Please go back to my previous post regarding your GI possiblities and address, if you are serious.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Im not blending anything.. just sticking to fruit juices.. healthy homemade soups. and thanks for the input from people speaking from experience. And the rest of the people, i know you are speaking out of concern so i appreciate it. I have an agenda for this so kindly hope for a success :)

Hey Mr "Hornsby". How long will you sustain if you stop working out? If you start Binge eating? What you are doing is a lifetime change right. So am I. I will give this a go for sometime then switch and start toning exercise well..whatever works and i am healthy. Dont quote the negative. if you stop you will have negative affects too.

You can sustain any weight loss without working out. I have been unable to work out for four weeks now after a vigorous workout schedule. By simply eating smaller portions of the same food I ate for the past 5 years while working out 5-6 days a week I have actually continued to lose weight.

When people eat real foods to fit their fitness/health goals - whether it's to gain, maintain, or lose, it's easy to adjust your calories accordingly and still live a normal life within their calorie goals.

He may lose fitness if he stops working out but it doesn't mean he will gain weight.

However, Hornsby, my assumption is that you are an advocate of eating..... just going out on al imb :)

Bully much?

really?!
  • allbarrett
    allbarrett Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    The only times I've ever been on a "liquid diet" were when I was so sick I couldn't get/keep actual food down. I lost weight (and conditioning and muscle mass and pretty much my will to live) after about 3 days. I doubt this is the kind of thing you were looking for, but a lot of people have already said this: this isn't a good idea, your body won't thank you for it, it isn't long-term sustainable and frankly it is pretty gross.

Who wants to eat a liquified grilled steak anyway?! Mmmmm, steak.....
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options

You definitely inserted the sarcasm too late. I already went out to buy all my juices, chicken, and brocolli and threw away the rest of my food :(

hahahahahahahaha :laugh:
  • sue_langley
    sue_langley Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I was a big eater too, Italian thing growing up, I juiced fruits and vegetables and creamed all my chicken soups. I feel that it shrunk my stomach and I ate smaller solid meals after that. Now if I eat too much in one sitting my stomach aches and it deters me from trying again anytime soon. So yeah for a short period it worked for me for that reason.
  • shabone
    shabone Posts: 18
    Options
    I actually tried this before and I did lose the weight I wanted too. However, as soon as I started eating again, I gained it all back plus. I have found that the best way to lose weight is through eating a well balanced diet and exercise.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    :grumble:
  • arios952013
    arios952013 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    See the Movie: Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead - here is the official website - I think they have some of it on there as well...
    http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    See the Movie: Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead - here is the official website - I think they have some of it on there as well...
    worst. commercial. ever.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    worst. commercial. ever.

and it was so LONG
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    It is concerned with my health, Digestion basically.. So i need to lighten the load on my digestive system in layman terms, Overeating was a major concern. hence my doc told me to stick to liquids for a while . And hence i asked opinions from people who have tried it for a varying periods of time.

Rob Reinhart's Soylent product might be a good route to go. US orders shipping soon.

Plenty of calories, protein, etc .. all liquid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_(food_substitute)

soylent green is peeooooopppppllllleee!!!!!!!!!
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Plz dont make this a negative post.. I just want input from people who have done it.

Well, you've got input from people who've done it,. They didn't like it.

My coworker, who broke his jaw and had to have it wired shut when he was 18 and is now 48, still cannot keep from shuddering at the thought of his seven-week liquid diet. Should I have him answer this for you too? It would be so negative the mods would probably remove it.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

Bully much?

that train is never late....everyone tells OP that a "liquid diet" is a horrible idea and then we are all "bullies' for suggesting an alternate plan that will have long term benefits...

OP - all you are embarking on is a cycle that is going to set you up for failure...liquid diet and lose some weight; which will be followed by return to eating solid foods, and then you will gain some weight back' this will lead to a melt down, which will lead to a binge; which will then lead back to a liquid diet and the cycle will repeat itself...

BUT if you created a calorie deficit eating real food, watching macros, and working out this would lead you down a path of long term success where you will keep weight off and avoid the cycle that I identified .....

it this makes me a "bully" then so be it...
  • Gordo1981
    Gordo1981 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Has anybody tried going on an all liquid diet and had any success? People who have not had any health issues and how long did you do it? Just for information.

Your input is much appreciated , thank you :)

The only people I have know to do this are from my work as a pharmacist, the homeless people on social assistance that get "free" Ensure to help them out nutritionally. I would not say that they have no health issues, but a number of them are related to lifestyle. I think overall most of them would prefer solid food from the reports they give me.
  • proman22
    proman22 Posts: 1
    Options
    hello people
    i had actually followed this diet. and i am happy to say i lost 100lbs. i was 250 lbs and now im 180 lbs. i have foloowed this diet for
    80 days and i am happy to say it works. gogetter 1314 doent listen to these negative people. they are wrong. you do what you feel is right.. ur diet works. go for it. dont listen to these losers
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    hello people
    i had actually followed this diet. and i am happy to say i lost 100lbs. i was 250 lbs and now im 180 lbs. i have foloowed this diet for
    80 days and i am happy to say it works. gogetter 1314 doent listen to these negative people. they are wrong. you do what you feel is right.. ur diet works. go for it. dont listen to these losers

Lol - Coincidence?