5ft 3.5 - 5ft 4 ladies - goal weight?

Options

Replies

• MrsMetzler2013
    MrsMetzler2013 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and currently weigh 178, my goal right now is to get down to 160, then 150. My thinnest was 120 but I was 21 then. I'm now 33 and don't need to be skinny, just feel healthy and comfortable with myself.
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5" ish. My goal right now is 130lbs. Once I get there, I will check my Bf% and go from there and recomp my body. According to most charts, medium framed me "should" be 110-120.... I have a hard time believing that, since I haven't been under 150 since elementary school...but we shall see.
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    5'4

Highest weight: 178.8
    Current weight 139
    Goal Weight 128.8 (50 lbs from my highest)
  • agronx
    agronx Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    5'4 and would like to be 120-135 range. Currently at 156.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'3. I hate when I can't participate.
  • MemphisHellFire
    MemphisHellFire Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    im 5'3.5 and im 142 at the moment, im aiming to get back down to around 125 give or take, im training hard and getting back into strength training after an injury so my goals have been set back. iv already lost around 10 lb from just doing more cardio :D
  • lback89
    lback89 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    SW: 347
    CW: 316.4
    GW: 160

I am 24 yrs old and 5'5"

My mother is anorexic (4'11" and 95lbs or so) and I am a binge eater. I understand how hard it is. I hope that you are seeing someone to help/support your recovery with your eating disorder.

Best of luck!
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    It's been so long since I've been at a weight that was acutally "healthy". I am just under 5'4" and would love to be around 125 - 145. Somewhere in there - not sure what it'll look like, so I guess I'll find out when I get there. I've got a ways to go....
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and my goal weight is actually 140. For my body type, I look good at that weight. (And nobody thinks I weigh that much.) When I'm at a healthy weight I have a very thin, curvy waistline but a big, round butt, which is just how I'm built. If I keep working out then I could conceivably get back to 130, which would be good too, but anything below 130 would too thin for me. Anything below 120 and I would look like a skeleton with my hip bones sticking out. But everyone has a different body type. You should set goals based on your body, not on some number that's in your head.
  • Sweetie_darling
    Sweetie_darling Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My GW is 120, tho I'd be happy with anything under 130
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and I am currently around 140. I got down to 128 and people said I looked sick. My goal is around 130 but I am content with 130- 135. :happy:
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft3.5. I am currently 117 lbs. Is down from 136-138 lbs from Christmas time. I maintained 120 lbs for 2 years and my weight shot up in Fall 2013 just from going out to eat too much and not exercising enough.

My goal weight is 110 lbs. I do not wish to get any lower than that. Its okay if my weight fluctuates from 108 to 113, so I'm cool with that once I maintain.

But this will vary from woman to woman. I see we are all the same height, but we all have different body comps and our preferances are all different too.

Women are height should weigh in between 107 to probably 145-ish.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    5'4"

SW 168
    CW flexes b/t 122-127 (I'm at maintenance)
    GW is actually fat % of about 17-19%.
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options

I think 5'2-5'4" are all similar in height. I don't see why you can't participate.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I am just over 5'3 and I started in August at 165lbs, I am currently 150lbs and ideally I would like to be around 130lbs but intend on lifting heavy so I'm okay with being heavier if I look good.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

It is an oddly specific height range. :laugh:
  • train_01
    train_01 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    5'4
    SW: 232
    CW: 218

My goal is 175 at the moment, but I will see once I get there if I want to drop any more. 170 was my smallest in my adult life and I was in a size 12. It felt comfortable. I am built rather stocky with big bones so a goal of 130 isn't realistic. Also, I wear my weight fairly evenly distributed so I always look like I weigh less than I actually do.

Looking at all the comments on this thread, I'd say there is no "ideal" weight for anyone. It's personal to you and how you feel.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    5'3"
    SW - 185
    CW - 108.5
    GW - 105

I'm sorry, but you fall outside OP's very specifically defined parameters.

ETA: OP, is this 5'3.5" - 5'4" inclusive or exclusive?
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    My goal height is 5'9
  • Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    According to the National Institutes of Health, a woman should weigh roughly 100 lbs. for the first 5 feet of height and then an additional 5 lbs. for every inch over this height. If you're 5 feet 4 inches tall, your ideal body weight is right around 120 lbs. But with petite women of a small frame, you should also subtract 10 percent from this body weight. This means that your ideal body weight is now 108 lbs. Larger frames add 10 percent, so your ideal body weight is now 132 lbs.
    That's interesting. I am larger framed and when I lost weight and added lean muscle I dropped to 120 lbs. I had never weighed so little before; well except maybe 6th grade... Even though I had muscle and was eating healthy and exercising, I was asked by many of my friends if I was sick; they suspected the worse. I took a really good look in the mirror and my face was way too thin and it made me look old. Yikes! So I gained back about 8 pounds and looked fabulous and healthy at 128. So that's my goal at 5'4"