What are some popular healthy foods that you hate?

Options

Replies

• MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I used to hate hummus also, now I love it. I think it might be somewhat of an acquired taste, it's different.
    For me, the top food I hate is cottage cheese. The taste is bland and the texture reminds me of vomit. :sick:
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Am I odd because I absolutely love almost every thing that has been listed here?? Haven't had chai seeds or quinoa, but I'm sure they would be good if prepared well. I do hate my carrots cooked unless they are in a soup or stew, but i really can't think of anything else. Then again, I was raised by organic gardening hippies.
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I guess I intensely dislike when people take healthy stuff and try to "make" them taste like things that we love. For instance, spaghetti squash...no, it will never taste like pasta..and would probably only taste good if you deep fried it, put sauce and a half pound of mozzarella cheese on it. I don't like too many veggies..peas makes me gag..so i stick to salads and green beans...lol
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

I love kale though, but we prepare it differently. I don't understand the kale fad and why people on this continent insist on eating it raw or as chips - that's not how it's supposed to be eaten as it's very difficult to digest and it does taste bitter. I grew up in Europe and we only ate it in winter. It was never harvested until it had a good frost over it. It was long, slow braised with pork or sausages and other seasonings, like onions and/or leeks. Usually took at least 2 hours to cook. When it's done it's a very flavourful dish that's easy to eat and digest. No bitterness left at all.

I'm with you on the kale. I like it best by far cooked through in soups and stews. We made one with lentils, kale, onion and sweet potato this Sunday and it was heavenly.
  • softncudly
    softncudly Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I don't like brussel spouts.
  • olehcat
    olehcat Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    skim milk (or any milk at all, really, but skim milk is ALWAYS mentioned as a weight loss food), steamed broccoli, brussel sprouts, spinach (it's okay, I just don't love it), boca burgers
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I hate cooked cauliflower so much I practically burst into flames at the mere smell of it.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    skim milk (or any milk at all, really, but skim milk is ALWAYS mentioned as a weight loss food), steamed broccoli, brussel sprouts, spinach (it's okay, I just don't love it), boca burgers

I also HATE Boca burgers. I bought a box once at Sam's Club and I was just like eww, how do people eat these?!

I love the veggie burgers from Morningstar Farms though.
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Celery & Mushrooms. So nasty.
  • 40andFindingFitness
    40andFindingFitness Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Liver
    Oatmeal
    Yogurt
    Avocados
    Spaghetti squash
    Brussel srpouts
    Hummus (feels like a cat's tongue bleh)
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Celery tastes like assy grass.

Salads with no dressing. I like the ingredients separately, but together in a proper salad? Just no.

Skim milk. Might as well stir some flour in water and chug it. Looks similar and tastes similar.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Celery in every form is revolting. I pick it out of soup. I can't believe they ruin Bloody Marys with it. And who the hell can eat that crap raw???

I'm surprised how many people on here hate kale. I make a dish a week that has kale in it, and they've all been awesome. You do have to wash it really well and wilt or blanch it first... Eating it raw is a terrible idea.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I can't really enjoy tofu. At best, its just an inoffensive addition of protein. I have to chop it super small to enjoy it in stir fry
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms (of all kinds), eggplant and I think that is about it.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Kale
  • chard_muncher
    chard_muncher Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, greek yogurt, oranges (lol).
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts. Never had them, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like them.

Am I the only one that loves Kale? I add it to soups and pasta, but my favorite is just to saute it with a little bit of EVOO, garlic and red pepper flakes...nom nom nom.
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Smoothies with vegetables. Celery.
  • train_01
    train_01 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Quinoa--yuck
    Brown rice-yuck
    cottage cheese-double yuck
    regular yogurt-eew
    I can tolerate greek yogurt only because it's thicker.
    oatmeal-double yuck yuck eew eew

It is all about the texture for all of these foods. I also hate all peppers but that is a taste thing, not texture.