Has anyone tried Herbalife? What is your opinion?

Options
I am thinking of trying Herbalife. Has anyone tried it and gotten results? What is your opinion of it?

Replies

• navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    I like my money to stay in my wallet, and I like my calories to come from food.

Rigger
  • annrob64
    annrob64 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I take Herbalife, following results me and my husband have achieved from the product I would highly recommend It.
    complete nutrition in one shake and lots of different flavours :) You do need to be consistent on the program to achieve good weight loss, however its not all about that it also gives great body definition.
  • I've tried the shakes and some of them (chocolate, vanilla, cookies and cream) taste lovely, and really keep you full for the 5 hours you're not meant to eat. And it works.

BUT you need to be really consistent with it - you CANNOT eat before the 5 hours are up, you MUST drink however many a day. And it's not cheap.
  • luisprieb
    luisprieb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking herbalife for the past 9 months and I have lost a total of 65 pounds. I think it is a great help. I don't need to be thinking about what to eat for dinner or worry that it has too much calories. I just drink my shake and that's it. I also drink the tea. I take no pills. It is not for everyone though. You might get bored of the shakes. For me it is ok.
  • PorcelainDollLivvy
    Options
    It depends on your goals. I have tried it and based on my nutritional needs, my body, my goals, my finances, and my schedule, I find that it was helpful to me at the time but I don't want to be drinking shakes all my life and unless you plan to do so or know what foods to eat after you stop taking the shakes, you will most likely add back the weight you lost from it. They emphasize getting a lot of protein, which is not good in the long run, unless you're an athlete. I found that it doesn't really fill me up so not only do I end up wasting a lot of money for the shakes, I still have to go out and buy groceries that I can snack on and eat in between the shakes. Too much money spent when you can just pick out the proper foods you need and prepare foods cheaper than buying the shakes.

It is better to eat your calories than to drink them.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

Rigger

This.
  • Hoop4la
    Hoop4la Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Do not even think about going there
  • stronghealthywoman
    stronghealthywoman Posts: 44 Member
    Options

Rigger

I agree with the above post!.. I used Herbalife for like 2 years and yes you will lose weight, but at the same time you are doing something you can't do your whole life because the minute you get off it, the weight will come back + more! Been there done that!

Plus the product is expensive!

And like the above quote says, "I like my calories to come from food", very true because when you encourage a lifestyle versus a "diet" you don't have that risk of gaining the weight because your doing it as a lifestyle and not part of some diet that you can stop doing it.

I'm a true testimony that lifestyles work! I recommend looking into a lifestyle that majority of your meals are fruits/vegetables. What comes from nature will not make you gain weight unlike things that replaces real food.
  • brandiegirl16
    brandiegirl16 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Huge fan of Herbalife... been on the products for years. I lost 60 lbs and have maintained the weight loss for 5 years with assistance of these products. Just like anything else, it is all part of the lifestyle change i incorporated for myself. I am a foodie.. i like to eat, chew, taste and experience my food. Herbalife is not about drinking your calories.. it is part of a well managed balanced FOOD regiment which includes nutrients, vitamins and minerals that i might not grab as an option if i am looking for a quick and easy on the go kind of meal/snack. These shakes are only 200 calories toward your over all calorie intake.

Everyone has their own tool that is going to work for them... this worked for me. (as you can see in my before and after) Consistency and accountability is the key to any lifestyle change. At the end of the day, there is no easy fix.. pill/shake... you need to put in the time to get the results.

Hope this was helpful. Best of luck on reaching your goals.
    :happy:
  • luvpotion9
    luvpotion9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try a few shakes from a friend or rep before you invest in a full container. It may upset your stomach. This may be TMI, but each time I tried the shakes I was in and out of the bathroom all day. Some of my family members, including my husband, that were trying the product at the same time as myself had the same results. One family member endured the bathroom problem for a whole month, then she got used to it and was fine. She has lost a lot of weight over the past 6 months by using their products and exercising regularly.
  • aarondnguyen
    aarondnguyen Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I was skeptical at first but I'm the type of person that's generally willing to try new things. I've supplemented with a bunch of whey protein in the past from other companies before using Herbalife. Long story short: the products are of much better quality and they do work, provided you know what you're doing and the person you bought the products from isn't just in it for the money -- which sadly, is rare. Yes it's true you can lose weight without any shakes. But there are days where I'm just so busy and I don't have time to cook. Shakes are convenient, and Herbalife ones in particular are pretty low in calories. Toss in a few fruits along with it in a blender and some ice cubes and you'd be pretty amazed.

Disclaimer:
    I am a distributor, but I'm not here to promote it. Nor am I here to promote one tell-all way to eat. What may work for someone or even a group of people may not work for you. What I do support is...
    - a healthy and balanced lifestyle: mind & body
    - ending the trend of labeling foods as "good" or "bad" -- because there's no such thing -- there are only bad quantities
    - diets with variety -- whether or not counter-intuitive foods like pizza and burgers are still consumed (in moderation) for sanity purposes

*but if you still question my motives, be sure to read these:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1216351-start-where-you-are-use-what-you-have-do-what-you-can?page=3#posts-19057343

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1216925-confessions-of-a-former-yo-yo-dieter

I see one too many people who suffer on diets where they attempt to completely remove a macro nutrient (like carbohydrates) just so they can "get faster results". In order to have long-term success, longevity, and adherence, you must have a balance and take it slowly, day by day. It should be a lifestyle change to embrace.

I hope this helps.
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Yes I tried it, I followed Herbalife for 6 weeks while doing a weight loss challenge. I lost weight during that time, but let me tell you the reason why.

I followed the plan exactly, and my distributor put me on a 1200 calorie a day plan. Afterwards, I calculated my maintenance calories from my starting weight and age, and to maintain my weight at that time (if I didn't exercise, which I didn't during that 6 weeks), I would have needed to eat about 1650 calories a day.

I'm also going to stress the following statements, because it's not something I was told when I was on the program, and I would have loved to know it beforehand.

A. The program had me at a 450 calorie a day deficit, and that's why I lost weight when I was following it, and B. if I had just been eating the regular food I normally eat, but in portions that equalled no more than1200 calories in total a day, I would have lost weight.

I know this because after the 6 weeks was over, I decided not to continue with the program, but still used this site to count my calories, and as long as I was under my 1200 calorie deficit each day, I continued to lose weight.

By the way, I don't recommend eating 1200 calories a day, I just used that number as an example because that's what level they set me on during the weight loss challenge, and since I was sedentary at that time, it actually worked for me without making me ridiculously hangry all the time.

My opinion is, if you have the money to spend and you like the taste of the shakes and snack bars, then by all means use them, but it's important to understand the reasoning behind why programs like Herbalife work, and know that there are other ways you can get the same results without having to spend additional money on their products if you don't want to.
  • maxjaimes
    maxjaimes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Im going on my 3rd week of herbalife, I was excited to start reading all the results people have gotten, so ive been following the program pretty well skipped 2 shakes but ate healthy replacements, ive also started the gym same time I started herbalife, 5x a week 1 hr, so anyway im going on a cruz this weekend so i thought i would check my progress and first let me say i been feeling much better ppl have been telling my i look thinner, hoped on the scale same excactbweight as when i started, i was very discouraged any advice anyone run into this?
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Waste of money, would rather spend it on food and count calories.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Don't. Save your money. Also, if you do a search on MFP, you will find several topics on this and you will see much of the same answers. Good luck OP.
  • 123sanbo
    123sanbo Posts: 5
    Options
    me too:laugh:
  • LauraCarlson86
    Options
    I did the Herbalife meal replacement shakes for a few months. I felt that it really boosted my weight loss and tasted pretty good! The issue for me was that it was costing a ridiculous amount of money and was not really sustainable. I like the product but have not been using it for awhile now.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Save your money. Go read success stories of all the people who've just ate less and moved more. That's how I lost my weight. Not a penny spent on useless weight loss products
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO
  • blackmax78
    blackmax78 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    for less than $2.00 a shake (no pdm just formula 1 and water) I found that it was a great alternative to going to a fast food joint or restaurant... If you have a tendency to either forget to pack your meal or do not have a place to store your meal, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a meal in a can or the stuff to make it with on hand... There are other products that are more expensive...