What are some popular healthy foods that you hate?

Options

Replies

• rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Those gross salty green olives in the jar, i never tried them from the olive bar at the store though. Chickpeas are just nasty, hated them since middle school in our salads. Lima beans for sure are a no go. I've warmed up to spinach, mustard greens and collard greens though. Diet pepsi i just can't drink anymore it tastes so bad. You know i kinda eat just about everything i've tried so far lol. No wonder i'm fat.
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Kiwi, mushrooms, beets, and fish.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I like almost everything that's been mentioned (never had chia seeds), but I also like considerably less "healthy" foods, too. I like lots and lots of foods.

Maybe not the hugest fan of cauliflower, but certainly nowhere near hate.

And all y'all hating on celery -- I have to believe that there is something off with you (dare I speculate homicidal sociopathic personality disorder?) -- the taste and the texture is awesomesauce. Add some almond butter or peanut butter to raw celery :love: Get that celery crunch and flavor in a nice stir fry :love: And celery is not all braggadocio about its vitamins or protein or other nutrients -- it just is and brings its inherent loveliness. :smile:
  • jenschroll
    jenschroll Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower and Sweet Potatoes. Tried them both more than once. Hated them each time.
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    SALMON! omg, how disgusting!!!!!
    cucumbers make me gag.
    sweet potatoes are no good.
    eewww beets
    olives taste like salty feet
    can't stand the taste of bell peppers
    protein powders and bars are really gross to me
    almond milk way too thick
    gotta add asparagus
    oh yeah. greek yogurt is poison.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Tuna and salmon *vomit*
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I hate light dressings, especially ranch. I'd actually rather eat the salad plain if the only option is light ranch.
  • humanhamster
    Options
    I dislike fish - All types. It's ok, because I am also allergic (luckily non-life threatening) to them. Living in Alaksa, Fish are everywhere.
    Walnuts & Pecans.
    Eggs - Food Allergy. I can eat things where Egg is not the main ingredient.
    Mushrooms - Can's stand, & make me sick as well.

That about covers it...
  • aliceclutz90
    aliceclutz90 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I'm not alone in hating kale. It is vile, awful, disgusting... Ugh. And EVERY person tells me to include it in my diet.

I CAN'T.

People have started making kale crisps/chips so I could try this, but I'd have to find a recipe where it's not smothered in crap...
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Kale, Sushi, Salmon, Shirataki noodles, asparagus, lima beans, edamame off the top of my head.
  • Karababy51
    Karababy51 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Cooked peas - I dislike the mushy texture. However, I like them raw fresh from the garden.
    Lima beans - Again, the mushy, mealy texture... *shivers in disgust* Plus the fact I was forced to eat them as a child.
    Refried beans - Bleh! It's the texture thing again.
    Kidney beans - Ditto. Always pick them out of my chili.
    Sweet potatoes
    Avocados
    Raw onions - I adore them grilled until they're caramelized though, delicious on a burger or with a steak. Breaded onion rings are yummers too!
    Raw tomatoes - with exception of grape tomatoes, I can tolerate those in a salad... sparingly. I like them cooked in sauces or salsa though.
    Almond milk - Tried it. No thanks. Tastes like slightly flavored water to me. I'd rather have the 'hard' stuff, 2% cow's milk! Yum!
    Oatmeal - As a child, my Mother made this for my sister and I for breakfast EVERY morning in the Winter time. She dressed it up with all kinds of different things (maple syrup, honey, peaches, cream, berries, raisins, applesauce, jam, chocolate syrup, etc.) and I loved it then, ate it willingly. But now the thought of eating it makes me gag. Just had TOO much of it in my life.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Not sure this counts as a healthy food (or even a food). Broad Beans - eewwwwww
  • SeaTurtleJenni
    SeaTurtleJenni Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I like everything mentioned except diet Pepsi, which isn't really a health food. I don't like anything diet or lowfat. It all tastes like metal to me and makes me bloat. I'd rather have the full fat option and eat it less often and in smaller quantities. I don't really hate any health food, although I don't understand the love people have for Greek yogurt. It's just ok.
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I can't stand any kinds of fish.
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Most of the food already mentioned is super delicious IMO. I think I just love all food. The only things I don't love are eggplant and courgette when they're soggy-cooked instead of crispy-cooked. I also don't love celery. You can't even make it taste good with peanut butter. But everything else just GIVE ME MOAR!!!
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Cooked celery - raw is fine, in small doses
    Cauliflower, in any form
    Internal organs, unless turned into haggis
    Walnuts - nasty, bitter taste. Not overly keen on brazil nuts, either
    Tinned fish - fresh is fine
    Scallop roe
    Non-dairy milk of all sorts - they all taste powdery to me
    Tofu, unless chopped very small, mixed in with lots of high-flavour ingredients/covered in some sort of sauce
    Taramasalata - I just can't find a way to like that stuff.

Kale...if cooked well, with lots of other flavours, I don't hate it. Raw, or in 'crisp' form...bleurgh!
  • labtech666
    labtech666 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I happily eat most things, but I'm afraid I'm another kale hater. I've tried to like it but it's just nasty!
    All other greens are great so I have no idea why I find kale so repellant.
  • lightmouse
    lightmouse Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese. I have tried SO hard to like this because of the amount of protein but I can't get past the texture. Ick.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese. I have tried SO hard to like this because of the amount of protein but I can't get past the texture. Ick.

The only way I can eat it is on crackers/crispbreads, with fresh sliced tomato and plenty of salt & pepper. Any other way, I very much agree with you.
  • kittykat1994
    kittykat1994 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I hate all vegetables other than sweetcorn and peas.