5'7" goal weight?

Options

Replies

• rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'm going for 135 but will be happy between 135-140. I'm at 240 right now.
  • HanaNikki
    Options
    I'm surprised to see that we all have such different goal weights. Honestly, I think it's great to see there isn't that one perfect weight everyone is aiming for. We're all individuals with different body shapes and preferences.

I'm trying to get down to ~120 lbs (55 kg). I have a small body frame with narrow hips and shoulders, so I need to be at a lower weight to actually look the way I want. I've already been down to 123 and felt really good that way. Currently I'm at 127.
  • oliviaboston
    oliviaboston Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oh, and for everyone saying small framed and large framed... what does this even mean? I've heard people blame being overweight on being big-boned, and I honestly don't really get that either. How can I tell if I'm small or large framed??

This is a lie/rationalization people tell themselves. Its nonsense.

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt. People will pick a number and tell themselves "this is my goal weight" which they still would be at a pretty high bodyfat percentage because they just don't want to admit how far they really have to go. Its probably some form of mental self-preservation/defense mechanism.

well no its not, everyone has different frames, i have petite friends who could get down to 130 at 5,7 and look healthy. if i did it id look like a lollipop with massive hips. you don't know what your talking about. My aim is 145 atm i was that during school and looking back i had a greater figure than i thought and i had curves still.
  • tinygirldancing
    tinygirldancing Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'7" and very small framed. Currently 128, goal weight is 120
  • LadyLeo813
    LadyLeo813 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and currently 150. I'm small framed (or medium?) and like my weight between 125-130. 120 was nice but my mother said my head looked big. Plus I didn't have a butt. I like my butt. Lol.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Oh, and for everyone saying small framed and large framed... what does this even mean? I've heard people blame being overweight on being big-boned, and I honestly don't really get that either. How can I tell if I'm small or large framed??

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt. People will pick a number and tell themselves "this is my goal weight" which they still would be at a pretty high bodyfat percentage because they just don't want to admit how far they really have to go. Its probably some form of mental self-preservation/defense mechanism.

well no its not, everyone has different frames, i have petite friends who could get down to 130 at 5,7 and look healthy. if i did it id look like a lollipop with massive hips. you don't know what your talking about. My aim is 145 atm i was that during school and looking back i had a greater figure than i thought and i had curves still.
    Here's one link to a variety of folks at 5'7" and +/- 132 pounds: http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/507-130.html

You'll perhaps notice that different folks carry the weight differently.
  • seattlerain
    seattlerain Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    5'7

GW: 140
    BF % Target: 20-22%
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and currently 150. I'm small framed (or medium?) and like my weight between 125-130. 120 was nice but my mother said my head looked big. Plus I didn't have a butt. I like my butt. Lol.

LOL! I was 120 when I was sick, and I have a HUGE head! My pea-head mom and sister also pointed it out.
  • NKBatch
    NKBatch Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 5'7'' currently 135 and would like to be 125-130. Seems impossible to lose the last few pounds. Am hoping MFP will help!!
  • bellevie86
    bellevie86 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on how a person carries the weight. I am a 5'7, 35 year old, at 135 I look anorexic. I look normal 155 - 145. I would love to see 155 and I would be overjoyed!! :)

Again, I do believe that it really depends on your body type.

Way to go so far and good luck the rest of the way!!

I second this! Im 5"7 and I really just aspire to be about 155, depends on your frame and also what you wanna see in your body. personally like to have some curves and boobs, at 135 I wouldn't have much as I have a pretty good frame and carry my weight very well. Also depends on the composition you would like to have, muscle vs. fat. I found I weighed more by 3 pounds this time last yr but man did my body look better, cause I had more muscle and less fat! I say wait til you get closer to an adjust. No one says you have to be at the very low end of our BMI. Go til you feel good and look good! Also, something that is attainable. I feel like my body is happy around 150-164 and I don't have to work too too terribly hard to maintain! You should have a range of where if you go out of then work a lil to balance again :)
  • ochotama
    ochotama Posts: 13
    Options
    115lbs ideally :) the lowest weight i've ever bean was 155lbs and i'm dying to see what I look like lower!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on how a person carries the weight. I am a 5'7, 35 year old, at 135 I look anorexic. I look normal 155 - 145. I would love to see 155 and I would be overjoyed!! :)

Again, I do believe that it really depends on your body type.

Way to go so far and good luck the rest of the way!!

This...my first goal was 165...now it's 155...that gives me BF% of about 23%...

I currently weigh 161 and wear a size 7 (US)...

Ultimate goal...149 which puts me at 20% BF...at that Point I have met my ultimate goal which is BF% not scale weight..that I don't give a crap about.
  • killerdrums
    Options
    If any of you females care to have a male perspective I am offering one here. Maybe this won't matter but...

I don't care what a woman weighs........Its more is she healthy, firm, fit.

I have seen all shapes and sizes that I am personally attracted to at the 5'7" height. And personally 5'7" being above average is already attractive to me.

So its more about a healthy look and fitness level. I think a "thicker" muscled/firm woman at 5'7" is attractive and a really super thin but in shape "runner type" is also beautiful.

i.e. I would not focus on the scale/weight as much as "am I in shape and do I feel great about myself"
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    GW: 139-149
    CW: 145
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'7'' and when I started here I thought I would be rather good with a 130/135 goals.
    Now I'm down to 147 lbs (from 210) and I still have to lose a good amount of belly and leg fat, still need to tone a little here, a little there.. and I have to lower even more my body fat. Now I'm thinking of going to125 lbs.

So... it depends. I have seen many people on MFP of 5'7'' rocking their bodies at 140-145 lbs. I've seen 180-190 lbs people at 5'7'' that look like me right now at 147 lbs.
    There are many other aspects than height that dictate how will you look at a certain weight.

Keep a goal in mind, but try to be flexible. If you have a great looking body and you are satisfied with it, it really doesn't matter the number on the scale. People don't see scale numbers, they see great bodies.
  • daniflems
    daniflems Posts: 69 Member
    Options

You can certainly be large or small framed...I think the best indication of a large frame is your hand and wrist size (my hands are almost as big as my boyfriends) as well as your hips and shoulders. I have a large frame. Very wide shoulders (i'm talking bones here nothing else) wide hips large hands and feet (I wear a woman's size 9 or 10) large wrists and ankles. This is a wide frame. I am a solid girl and any weight below 120-130 would look absolutely sickly on me. I currently weigh 151 and am shooting for 140-145. I also like to be muscular as opposed to waif-like so it depends on what look you are going for too.
  • daniflems
    daniflems Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    If any of you females care to have a male perspective I am offering one here. Maybe this won't matter but...

I have seen all shapes and sizes that I am personally attracted to at the 5'7" height. And personally 5'7" being above average is already attractive to me.

So its more about a healthy look and fitness level. I think a "thicker" muscled/firm woman at 5'7" is attractive and a really super thin but in shape "runner type" is also beautiful.

i.e. I would not focus on the scale/weight as much as "am I in shape and do I feel great about myself"

Also thanks for this...girls tend to forget about what is actually attractive and just try to look like what they see in magazines.
  • youngdreamer
    youngdreamer Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 & my ultimate goal weight is 140-145LBS. (:
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options

Also thanks for this...girls tend to forget about what is actually attractive and just try to look like what they see in magazines.

+1
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options
    definitely depends on how you carry weight. I'm 5'8" and 115 lbs and could afford to lose a little more

^^ Please be careful. Based on BMI charts, at 5'8" and 115 lbs, you are a little underweight as it is. And you look plenty lean in your profile pic.