Women's average THIGH and CALF size! What's yours?

Options

Replies

• DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Calves 14.5
    Thighs 20.5

Very lean, pure defined muscle. You can see all the splits.

And I have a 33inch inseam.

Jealous??

Nah, don't be.
    I am 5'6" 184 lbs, and at my belly button level, my waist measures 43".

I am very short waisted, and carry all my weight in my belly and boobs. (Thanks mom!)

But I can thank my dad for my awesome legs.

But I still look like Sponge Bob most of the time! :laugh:

This just shows that we shouldn't compare our bodies to others.

We all have parts of our body we hate. Learn to make the best of them, and embrace the things about you that you love! That might even be something NOT related to your measurements or even how you look! GASP!

And part of my great muscle tone in my legs is genetic, but part of it is due to constant muscle spasms from a crippling spinal cord disease. See? There is a silver lining to everything! :drinker:
  • neodyo
    Options
    for those about interested...

Here’s what it says, for those with Magoo eyes:

The dimensions of a perfect woman are: Five feet 5 inches in height, weight 128 pounds. Arms extended should measure from tip of middle finger to tip of middle finger just 5 feet 5 inches (the height). The length of her hand should be a tenth of that, her foot a seventh, the diameter of her chest a fifth. From her thighs to the ground she should measure just the same as from her thighs to the top of her head. The knee should come exactly midway between the thigh and the heel. The distance from the elbow to the middle finger should be the same as from the elbow to middle of the chest. From the top of the head to the chin should be just the length of the foot, and the same distance between the chin and the arm-pits. A woman of this height should measure 24 inches around the waist, 34 about the bust, if measured under the arms, and 43 if measured over them. The upper arm should measure 13 inches; the wrist 6 inches. The calf of the leg should measure 14½ inches; the thigh 25; the ankle 8.

this not my own think......just a quick reference
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    138lb
    24% BF
    5ft 5"

Calves 15.5" (Below about 145lb they never really get any smaller - I had this thing when I was a kid for walking around on tiptoes *all* the time - it shows O_o )

Thighs 23.5" (Family thunder thighs :p )

So did I! Wow...never even considered that might be why my calves have always been so nicely developed...lol!

To answer OP, I'm 5'2.75", 173lbs, thighs are 23" and calves are 15" and I doubt they'll get much smaller. They've already lost 3.5" each...lol!

There isn't really a standard size. Most boot companies make their regular width circumferences between 13-14" though if that helps you. In other words, I doubt I'll ever fit in anything but wide calf boots...which I'm fine with cuz my calves are awesome...:D
  • Doctorpurple
    Doctorpurple Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'4.5"
    Weight: 114
    Calves: 13.5
    Thighs: different sizes lol. But 19.5 when averaged
  • preeya85
    preeya85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 58kg 5ft 7.5 with 20 inch thighs and 13 inch calves. I'm really self conscious of my legs! Do you think they are too skinny for my height? Really want to try bulk them up!
  • TeenieeBeanie
    Options
    Aye, I don't get why so many of you ladies are sad at having thick thighs. They're so nicely shaped.
    I'm 4'9'
    119lbs(might be considered overweight for my height according to BMI calculators, but they don't know muscle mass etc. Doctor says im healthy. Weight goes to my hips and bust she says)
    24% BF roughly
    Thigh at the fullest- 22-23 inches
    Calves at the fullest- 14 inches

Bust 34
    wait 27
    hips 36

Striving for thicker thighs ;) And thats the truth. I want at the least 24 inches. Maybe roughly 26 at the most inches. But since calves need to be balance looking as well, I'm striving for 15 inch calves at the least and at the most 15.5. Obviously I want curvier legs :p
  • Edensienna
    Edensienna Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Weight 120lbs

Thigh 21"
    Calve 13"

Pretty apply where I'm at physically and with these stats :)
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I've never measured my calves but here is the rest:

Thighs: 23.5" (Upper thigh, at the largest part right under my bum)
    Weight: 135 lbs
    Height: 5'6"
    Body fat: 25.3%

I've always been bottom half curvy, it's the Latina in me and I don't mind one bit.

Bust: 36"
    Waist: 27"
    Hips: 39"
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Calves: 17"
    Thighs: 28"
    Weight: 205lbs
    Height: 5'9"
    Body fat: 33%

Enough to make me feel absolutely disgusting in a thread of slim thighed, trim calved ladies.

We are twins practically :) I am 5'10" currently about 265lbs
    Calves 18"
    Thighs 28"

I have always had large calves even when I weighed much less. I do not own one pair of tall boots or skinny jeans because of it! I don't feel ashamed of my body though. I don't fit that hypothetical mold of how women are supposed to look and I am cool with that! and I love having very strong, long legs.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    At 180-ish pounds and 5'4"

Thigh- 28"
    Calf- 16"
    waist 42" at fullest
    hips 46 at fullest
  • akdennis03
    Options
    I am 136lbs 5'5-5'6

Bust 33
    Waist 26.5
    Hips 33.5
    Butt 38
    Thighs 23. ( u can never seem to get them to my goal of 21!) help!

I wear a size 4/6
  • jmstepp90
    Options
    I am 5 ft 5
    Weight:140
    Calves: 14.5
    Thighs:25
    BF %: 19.2

:))
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    height: 5'5"
    weight: 174
    body fat%: 27 according to one chart and 29 according to another (hmm)
    thighs: 24"
    calves: 15"
    waist: 34"
    hips: 41" yes I got some back, lol
    size 12 now

thank you for posting this... you don't know how much I have hated my calves. pretty much my entire adult life after kids and all. It is so refreshing to see that even if I lose the extra 40lbs I have to go that maybe just maybe my calves will be what they are now. I was thinking I was the only one who had these measurements as far as calves go. they are shrinking at least (I started out with 18" when I was 234
  • donlou33
    donlou33 Posts: 20
    Options
    5' 10
    33' inside leg
    167 lbs (76 kilo)
    Thigh currently 23'
    Calf currently 15'
    BF% 26 (calculated online so probably not perfect)

I'd like my legs to be more toned especially at the back of the thigh. I'm a typical 'hourglass' but the older I get I've noticed more fat and wobble on my thighs :(
    Currently working on it and have managed to reduce each thigh by 1cm over the last few weeks so it's going in the right direction.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    5'11"
    35.5" inseam
    179 pounds
    Thigh: 20"
    Calf: 15"
    BF% close to 24%

My weight is in my bust, tummy and hips (saddlebags) but I don't have much that I can lose on my legs. Years of swimming, highland dancing, tap/jazz/ballet training have given me a strong base and I've always loved my legs.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Calves: 14.5"
    Thighs: 22"
    Weight:178lbs
    Height: 5'6"
    Body fat: 24.9%
  • dleddy95
    dleddy95 Posts: 4
    Options
    Height: 5'0
    Weight: 114
    Thighs: 21
    Calves: 13
    Body fat: 25%

Maintaining a healthy "weight" (as per online bmi calculators) is pretty difficult for my size and body shape, because I bulk up pretty easily. I carry most of my weight in my chest and thighs, but struggle with keeping it off my midsection.
  • OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'4"
    Weight: 127lbs
    Waist: 23.5 inches
    Thighs: 22.5 inches
    Calves: 13 inches
    Body Fat%: 22%

I'm a pear shape by nature but as I've lost weight I've turned into more of an hour glass. My proportions are starting to even out. I'm still young so I'm waiting on my hips to fully develop. I've always had an itty-bitty waist and large hips with an average bust. I was pretty much the same when I was overweight too.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I only started measuring this week due to coming to stand still with weightloss & being 3lbs off my target since having baby 5 months ago...and still not being able to get into my pre-preg jeans is depressing :( very depressing

Height - 5.4
    Weight - 117
    Bust - 32"
    Waist - 27"
    Hips - 36" (still 2 inches bigger than they used to be hence not fitting in my jeans!)
    Mid thigh - 18.5"

If any one would like to give me exercise tips for hips, it would be much appreciated!! :)

If it helps, for me it took a while post-pg for my rib cage and hips to go back to "normal" ... but now my hips are almost an inch smaller than pre-pg. (I'm 8 lbs less and a size smaller.)

My own current stats
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 131
    Thighs: 22" each at the very widest/top part
    Calves: 12.25" (I would love to bulk them up!)
  • InevitableButterfly
    InevitableButterfly Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Thigh: 38''
    Calf: 20.33''
    Height: 5' 9''
    Weight: 407.2 lb on 25/4/14

Yep, I think I am the biggest woman on this thread right now. :embarassed:

ETA: Yep, after going through every post on this thread I am definitely the biggest...by 10 effing inches around my thighs. :frown: