Bra Sizes *ladies*

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    It's definitely true that we all gain and lose weight differently. I have lost 10 inches off both my hips and waist, but my bustline has stayed almost the same...my change in size was primarily due to losing "back fat", no lie.

Highest weight: 307 lb 42DD
    MFP start weight: 262 lb 40DD
    Current weight: 194 lb 38DD

ETA: I am 5'8" and 37 years old. My highest weight was at 32 years old.
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    im 5'6
    @ 230 lbs i was a 44G/H
    Currently down to 169 and a 38DDD/E
    Always wear a properly fitting bra here, used to be a tester for Maidenform
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I know many ladies (here and IRL) who did not lose any bra size. Some only went down around the rib cage, but cup size stayed the same.

As for me - :sad: If I lose anymore weight I will be concave.
  • SNLover87
    SNLover87 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    SW: 249
    CW: 183
    GW: 149

26 yrs old
    5'6

So far I've made it from a 42DD to a 38D. I have 34 more pounds to go but I'm still really hoping I'll lose some more weight there. Maybe...a 36C? I'd be in heaven! :)
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Start:

5'10"
    210lbs
    38D

Now:

5'10"
    170.8lbs
    36DD
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    SW: 225
    CW: 217ish
    5'7"
    42C

I expect to end up around 36G by the time I hit 150lbs. Unlike so many (frikkin' LUCKY) ladies, my sweater puppies do not change their volume whatsoever. -_-

When I was a size 10, I looked like a toothpick with grapes attached. That sounds cool, until you realize I was **12** at the time. siiiiiigh.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5"

SW: 250 and a 42DDD

CW: 194 and a 36I

my rib cage has reduced, but my breasts themselves have not lost anything and yes it's all natural, no artificial fillers.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I just want to say that I would like some of everyone else's boobs. I used to wear a D cup and I spilled out. Probably wrong band size too.

After losing 100 lbs I now barely fit a B....as in maybe I should add some Kleenex to my bra........

I am now very jealous of everyone else :) Thank you. That's all

And congrats to everyone on their weight loss!
  • dreawest
    dreawest Posts: 208 Member
    Options

Because most women in the U.S. have no flippin clue their actual size. US bra manufacturer's are crap. I order ALL my bra's from Brastop online, which is a UK based company. Buying from there is still cheaper than one bra from a US specialty boutique.

Seriously, these next links might be the best resources on the net:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/beginners_guide
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/fit_guide
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/shape_guide

A visual guide on how to fit:
    http://i.imgur.com/lAWWlll.png

Thank you so much for this. I know I need better bras but even buying the largest cups sizes available at my plus size store isn't a proper fit and to get the cup size I need I have to wear an extender in the back. Nice to find a referal for an online source. I will likely go get a proper fitting done and then use this to buy cheaper options as I was told more than a hundred buck s to get me a proper one.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4". Started around 140 lbs and 32G bra. Currently 118 pounds and wear a 28E in most brands.

Lately I've been thinking about losing 5 more pounds just to see if they'll get a bit smaller. I've got a small frame with narrow ribcage so mine look bigger than they otherwise might with a wider band size.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    5'3"
    20 years old
    Start weight: 208 and a 38DD.
    Current: 200 and still a 38DD.
  • farrellb21
    Options
    I went and got sized about 5 months ago (before I really started losing weight) and was wearing a 40 D, I went to a 40 DDD, I know that's all wrong now, because my bra's are too big, but with the weather being so crappy I haven't had the opportunity to buy new ones and get resized. I believe I should be in a size 38 not sure the cup size though I think I'd be a DD or DDD. Because I'm built oddly the lady that measured me a few months ago told me I could be a 40 DDD, or 38 E, She said if I go up a cup size I will probably go down a band size and vise-a-versa. I also have to have a full coverage bra because of being a retail worker and bending over and moving a lot I rather not have to be retucking my boobs all day like I would if I had a regular bra, and I feel more secure (The boyfriend likes them too because they have cute lace on the top to make them "full coverage" which he thinks is sexy).
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I know many ladies (here and IRL) who did not lose any bra size. Some only went down around the rib cage, but cup size stayed the same.

As for me - :sad: If I lose anymore weight I will be concave.

That doesn't make sense... your cup size shouldn't stay the same if someone only went down around the rib cage. Do you mean bust stayed the same? Technically cup size would go up.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    5'6.5 - 42DD at 310 lbs, current weight 159 - still not sure what to wear. I've been ''professionally'' fitted and they told me 38C but no 38C fits me. Particularly as I'm actually 36 around the ribs at the moment so it's too big around...and what little fat is left in my poor saggy ladies might be a C but there's so much loose skin that i can't fit all of THAT into a C cup. So i still end up having to roll around in a D and just hope that they don't fall out if i have to lean over at all.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Pardon me, but I just can't believe how many of you have such large breasts. i had to put on 50 pounds to get to a B cup!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I agree with the comments that the UK is great for getting the right bra size - they definitely have something for a women of every band and cup size. Until I was in my early 40s I was shopping mostly in regular department stores and was so envious of my friends who had a large selection of colours and styles to choose from. A girl's spirit can only handle so many practical biege bras. In Toronto there are a boutique stores with a full range of sizes but anything over a D is quite expensive. I now use Ebay UK and mail order UK companies like Figleaves and get a rainbow of options at a reasonable price. They also have AAA sizes so I would say that anyone can find something that fits perfectly and is lovely to show off in.

The change in bra size is hard to predict but if you have 20-30 lbs to loss you will probably at least go down a band size (back fat begone!). Whatever you do don't try on sizes based on how you measure with a tap across the largest part of your bust. I measure 43 around but wear a 34H UK sized bra. A fitter told me that in most cases women need a band size that is smaller and cup size that is larger. Once you loss the weight I would definitely recommend a bra fitting and a celebratory "pretty bra spree".
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I was happy to find out I am still in a DD.

SW - 207 - 38DD
    CW - 143 - 32DD
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    SW 254 - 38 H
    CW 193 - 36 ?? - my bras are too big now but I haven't had time to get properly refitted. Currently the H cups fit like a dream, the gore tacks perfectly and everything's swell, but the band is all stretchy and I'm on the inmost row of hooks. Recently tried taking my measurements on my own, based on that I'm pretty confident that my band size is now 36 but I need help to get the cup size.

Edit: Oh yeah, the other stats you asked for:

36 years old
    5' 8" tall
    rather "apple" shaped I believe (majority of my weight is in my round, pregnant-looking gut. Even at my smallest "adult" size, 136# at 18 years old and fresh out of high school, people would ask if I was pregnant!)
  • saraf3m
    saraf3m Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Where on earth do you find these odd cup sizes like DDD or g or f. I don't need them I'm just curious. I am currently a 36D, not much change with 20#'s, guess it came off somewhere else.

Because most women in the U.S. have no flippin clue their actual size. US bra manufacturer's are crap. I order ALL my bra's from Brastop online, which is a UK based company. Buying from there is still cheaper than one bra from a US specialty boutique.

Seriously, these next links might be the best resources on the net:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/beginners_guide
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/fit_guide
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/shape_guide

A visual guide on how to fit:
    http://i.imgur.com/lAWWlll.png

upvote x 1000
    I came here just to post this info, glad someone beat me to it. Not enough people are educated about this. Plus...reddit!
  • pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Strengthtraining and weights have stopped me losing my bust this time!

SW (2 years ago) 127kg (280lb)
    CW 106kg (233 lb)
    Height 5' 2" (160cm)
    Start bra size 18DD (40DD)
    Current bra size 18DD (40DD)

My emphaisis is on health and fitness, I am eating well (not really clean), walking regularly and have taught myself to run, drink verly little alcohol and make sure I drink plenty of water.

The difference, this time, over all the other times I have 'dieted' and exercised is that I STRENGTHTRAIN and LIFT.

Every other time, the boobs have gone first, this time I have maintained my size but I do wear Size 16 in a sportsbra which is still a bit tight, but then they should be?

Some of my ordinary bras are starting to feel a little looser but not enough to change down a size.