Bra Sizes *ladies*

Options

Replies

• debbiesats
    debbiesats Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    5'6
    Started at 231lb wearing a 42J though the band was too tight tbh
    Today's weight is 201lb, somewhat deflated and should be wearing a 42F according to latest measurements
    Just realised - I'll fit in a sports bra now :-)
  • Aparz1
    Aparz1 Posts: 949
    Options
    So I'm 5'11" was 66lbs heavier and went from a 38DDD to either a 32 or 34D depending on brand... I hate cheap bras so always get fitted at high end lingerie shops... Just saying fairly reliable as far as knowing the correct size at all times.
  • stanleypoobrick
    stanleypoobrick Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bump
  • evilpixiegrrr
    Options
    For years Victoria's Secret told me I was a 36 C. After struggling with feeling comfortable in them, I went to a specialty store. When they asked what size I was wearing I told them, and immediately the clerk said, "You are NOT a 36!"

Bras are way more comfortable when you see professionals for a proper fitting. Specialty bras are expensive, but they are WORTH EVERY PENNY.

No matter what your size, go to a specialty bra store and DON'T go to VS.
  • Indiri13
    Indiri13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Most women wear the wrong bra size, actually. So in addition to what Liss_Bee said, this information won't be of much help.

Yes, this. I wore a 36C (145 lbs) in high school and that worked well enough so I never got a proper fitting.

When I gained weight (highest 240) and was about 95 pounds heavier than high school and with 3 babies I was still wearing a 36C and it worked (I didn't wear wired or padded bras so they stretched) so I never got refitted.

I lost a lot of weight and now I'm 160. Last month I went in for the first fitting I've *ever* had (I'm 35) and it turns out I'm actually a 34DD right now and I would have never guessed. But damn, bras are so much more comfortable now...

I'm 5'10" and somewhere between hourglass and pear (calculators tell me I dont' fit a body type).

ps. the fitting at Macy's was very helpful and the people were really nice about getting a bunch of different sizes to get me figured out.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    38DD to 38D. But my waist went from 32 to 28 so I look much bigger busted now.

BTW, I love the new Jockey bra sizing system, even though the bras are very expensive. They make you look great.
  • No_excuses_nikki
    No_excuses_nikki Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    5'2
    Starting weight 168 - 38/DD
    Weight now 127 36 or 34 (depending on the bra) / C
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    For years Victoria's Secret told me I was a 36 C. After struggling with feeling comfortable in them, I went to a specialty store. When they asked what size I was wearing I told them, and immediately the clerk said, "You are NOT a 36!"

Bras are way more comfortable when you see professionals for a proper fitting. Specialty bras are expensive, but they are WORTH EVERY PENNY.

No matter what your size, go to a specialty bra store and DON'T go to VS.

PREACH.
  • draco706
    draco706 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft3. I was a 44DDD, now I am a 38DDD! That's a lot of back fat gone!
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3"
    SW: 198 - 38DDD
    CW: 175 - 36DDD
    GW: 140 - 34DD
    Smallest Ever: 123 - 32C (w/ an ED & under 10% BF)

Needless to say, my boobs aren't going anywhere!
  • sheddingkilos
    Options
    Starting bra: 16E
    Current bra: 16B
    Height: 5'4"
    Pear shaped
    Starting weight: 104kg
    Current weight: 82kg
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Previously was wearing a 36D, however I know that was wrong since I've since been fitted properly. Based on my pre weight loss measurements my true size was a 32GG. I'm now a 28GG or 30G depending on brand. It looks like they have settled at this size and I don't anticipate losing any more volume being so close to goal weight.

Height 5'3
    Starting weight 168lbs>32GG
    Current weight 127lbs>28GG or 30G

What makes a huge difference is my starting waist was 34"..Current waist 27" So I look much more projected now even though they are 2 cups smaller
  • Glakhmed
    Glakhmed Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I went from an A cup to an A cup.

:-)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Where on earth do you find these odd cup sizes like DDD or g or f. I don't need them I'm just curious. I am currently a 36D, not much change with 20#'s, guess it came off somewhere else.

Macy's carries some DDD cup bras, so I wouldn't consider that too odd a size. I mean...Macy's.

My boobs are NOT ODD SIZED! :sad: :sad:
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    36-DD to a 36-C
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I was wearing 42ddd. After my loss so far I was fitted into 38dd. But I feel like one of the styles I bought don't quite fit properly. I can't give a specific size for sure cause I can't find a bra that I am sure is fitting. I either feel like its too roomy on top. Guess that's sagging. Lol. Or too much popping out? I always wore granny bras and now I want cute ones so not sure if I am not confident or what. By the way I am 5 10.. Started out at 272 and now weigh 184
  • Biffa92
    Biffa92 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am 5"3

SW - 243 lbs - 38/40 JJ
    CW - 147 lbs - 30/32 F - Although probably need a proper measure as some of my bras are a bit "empty".

Love being able to buy bras anywhere and now have an obsession with also buying the matching knickers!
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Most women wear the wrong bra size, actually. So in addition to what Liss_Bee said, this information won't be of much help.

True. After I started measuring so I could keep track of losses, I realized I'm wearing the wrong size. I buy 36B, however based on my measurements, I should be a 36D. I find that hard to believe though...
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Yeah, everyone's different and I don't want to talk about it. Smaller.
  • MissLCWolff
    MissLCWolff Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Definitely this. I just measured myself last night and I'm apparently wearing bras--get this--5 CUP SIZES too small! (I had no idea you were supposed to bend over to find your cup size in modern sizing, so I'd been measuring myself wrong for years.)

Plus, a lot of stores only carry bras for women with smooth, shallow, rounded breasts, which makes it even harder for women whose breasts are saggier, differently shaped, or longer (i.e. only small base area attached to the chest) to find properly fitted bras. I'd advise OP to get professionally measured once she loses the weight, because there's really no telling how weight loss will affect her. Some people drop 6 band sizes and 7 cup sizes, others barely change.