40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,978 Member
    Options
    Geez sdereski....I hope the "sick" moves on from you very quickly. I haven't been ill in a long time, but I seem :injury: prone this year, blech. I'm done with that, though.

:happy:

handyandy9x - glad to read that your weight loss is more in tune to what you want....I am doing "slow" weight loss, just now, but some days I sure wish it was F-A-S-T.

Today, I lift! BOOM!
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Happy Humpday!!

I love coming in and seeing a flurry of activity!

KellySue - I agree with the others... your daughter is lucky to have family close. It's a win-win really, you get to spend so much time with him and your daughter knows he is being looked after and loved to pieces! =)

sdereski - it's been one of those years, hasn't it. Hope you are recovering and feeling better. and whoa - a 12 mile treadmill run is awesome! it's true, it is a mental thing to run a fair distance on it and you sure got your head in the game on that one!

andy - nice to see you back at it and woohooo for a steady loss. I am sure the scale bringing the scale with you will further that streak! =)

Still doing my HIIT workouts in the mornings and am absolutely loving the 19/5 fasting. I found that 20/4 was just not long enough of a window to eat what I need to so that extra hour has made a big difference. I have gotten really good at jump rope now too... what a fantastic addition it has been.

Have an awesome day everyone and keep up the fantastic work! :flowerforyou:
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    HHD Went to yoga this morning..I need to do this more often. The stretching and low pace of the class is refreshing. Doing a short mini run in preparation for my upcoming 5k this Saturday. Hope everyone has a great day!!!
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Sdereseki - I too came down with a horrible cold/flu bug. I struggled though my weight lifting yesterday morning and went to work. I came home early from work at 3:30 and have been in bed pretty much the whole time sleeping on and off. I think I am starting to feel a little better this afternoon. YUCK. This is not what I had planned for my week. I am doubtful I will have the strength to work out tomorrow. I think making it to work is going to be a challenge.:sad:

I am glad to hear everyone is having a great week. Keep up the determination!!!!:smile::smile:
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Ruby, thanks for your kind words of encouragement =)
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    faytwain, good luck on your run on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker:

Ruby, I hope you feel better!!! stay positive. The other day I was feeling a little sickly and I too was worried...I kept going with my normal schedule, thinking positive and drinking lots of water and poof whatever it was went away. I am crossing my fingers. :laugh: :flowerforyou:

Whatabroad, you look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at that little waist!!!! Did you experience any lose skin or stretch marks? I don't see any of that!!! Unfortunately I have tons of stretch marks, they are old white, I guess because I have darker skin they are more noticeable. I also have some lose skin only seen when I bend over, not when standing straight. Any of you have a recommendation for a good cream/lotion to tighten up or help the skin look smoother?

I lifted this morning, now I need to get going to work...Have an awesome day!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday. Didn't go in to work yesterday. Had a bit of a stomac bug or something. Feeling better today, but not 100%. Skipped the workout, but will be back at the gym tomorrow for sure.

Whatabroad- Love the new pic. You look great. I actually was wondering the same thing as Alf- any issues with loose skin?? I am a shorty (5'2") and have had so much weight to lose that I am sure there will be some, but I would like to minimize it as much as possible.

Hope everyone else who is/has been feeling under the weather is better soon! Have a good day all!
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Sdereseki - KellySue - Ruby - Hope you all feel better real soon! :flowerforyou:

Woke up this morning thinking it was Friday...now I have to work an extra day this week! LOL

Hope you all meet your goals for the day and have a great time doing it!
  • FancyPantsFran
    Options
    Happy Friday Everyone
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    It's Friday! It's Friday! It's Friday!! Hooray! Had to stay late at work last night due to a minor fender bender with one of our agency vehicles. Fortunately no one was hurt, but ended up grabbing a pizza on the way home- it's my biggest downfall! Oh Well- I was still under calories- barely, but just not what I had planned. When it comes to pizza I always eat way more than I should.

Any how- today is a new day and I made it to the gym this morning and had a good work out. Strength training with some short cardio bursts and planks and sit ups to round it all out! Good times- right! No big plans for the weekend. I have a meeting tomorrow morning for church and then off to the gym and lunch with the Hubs. Then I think maybe some clothes shopping for my little man. He's growing so fast!!!:wink:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Today, I am skipping my lifting session to go have the pinky stitches removed.

Tomorrow is scheduled cardio....and Sunday I am going to take advantage of (finally!) melting temperatures and get outside and enjoy a walk.

I'll get back to regular lifting schedule, M/W/F next week!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hey cool Kids,

Am back. Feeling better, bur still congested. Nothing like I was. My teeth were even sore. :tongue:

I did try working out at home on Wednesday night, but couldn't manage it. Then I tried to run a bit yesterday and ended up walking a mile and sweating the entire time. So, am going to attempt my workout again at home tonight, even if I have to take it slow. I need to get back into it. I've done nothing since Sunday. :sad:

Today is International Woman's Day.(check out Google's Doodle) and I am attend the IWD dinner our local Woman's shelter hosts every year. Looking forward to it.

Milder temps here as well Beeps so sure hope to get on the big lake to do some ice cave exploring. :happy:

Have a great weekend everyone.
  • ruby70
    Options
    I found out today I have pneumonia & got medicine at doctor. At least there is an end in sight.

I miss my strength training & hope I can get back to it in a couple of days!!

faytwain - good luck on your run this weekend. I hope u have good weather.:smile:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ruby - yikes on the diagnosis! Hope your meds kick in soon...

sdereski - "ice cave exploring"?!?!??! That sounds VERRRRRRYYYYY fun!!!!!!!!!!

Stitches out! It STUNG like a b*tch, but it is O-V-E-R.

I will cardio tomorrow and sunday and get back to lifting Monday. CAN'T WAIT!

BOOM!
  • alf1163
    Options
    Ruby, yikes!!! I hope you get better soon!!! :flowerforyou:

Beeps, glad to hear the stitches are out!! Ouch!!! :noway:

Sdereski, you always sound so positive!!! Yes, that is the feeling I get when I read your posts. :laugh: Glad to hear you are feeling better!!!

Kellysue, I love pizza too!!! My son devours pizza!!! My husband and I haven't had pizza since January 1. I sometimes think about it but really don't miss it. My husband gave up sugar and pasta, bread, etc in Jan. I am pretty much supporting him. I gave up sugar for lent. This Sunday I start Whole30. Now that I think will be very tough. There are a lot of restrictions. I am positive I can do it.

I went to Bikram this morning, had an awesome class!!! One of my fellow yogis brought me a scoby to make Kombucha. Any of you drink it? I love it. I buy the GT brand. But when I mentioned it to my yogi friend she told me it is pretty easy to make and offered to bring me a Mama scoby. I started the fermentation process tonight and will check it out in a week. We will see. My husband saw it and he said "you better not get sick from that". LOL

Have an awesome evening!!! :flowerforyou:
  • ruby70
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone. I am already feeling much better today after 1 day on the meds. YEAH! I am going to try to start my lifting schedule again tomorrow.

Beeps - glad to hear you are done with the stitches and you can get back to normal routine again.

Alf - I have never even heard of Kombucha, what the heck is that? Good luck on your Whole30. I love that you are always challenging yourself to the next level and your positive energy. I am always learning of new things out there from you. Thanks!!!

Sdereski - have a great time "ice cave exploring" that sounds beautiful. To answer one of your earlier questions you asked me; I live in Western Wisconsin right on the WI & MN border. I have been up to Lake Superior on the MN northern shore and also up to northern WI. I love it up there it is incredible.
  • Kimmerz020202
    Kimmerz020202 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm over 50 but love all the encouragement on this 40+ Club and want to join. Am new to the groups so hope by replying here, am signed up. I've lost 36 lbs. in a year (am 5'2") and want to lose about 40 more. Could use some encouragement, anybody want to friend me, please send a request. Thanks and good luck to everyone! Kimberly
  • alf1163
    Options
    Kimberly, Welcome!!! :drinker: Congrats on your weight loss!! :flowerforyou:

Ruby, kombucha is a fermented tea with probiotics. It has antioxidants, amino acids, minerals, B vitamins, etc It is good bacteria for your gut and immune system. I like it. A good brand to try is GT Kombucha, it comes from CA. They have different flavors. I have been drinking it for a while now and decided to try to make it myself. Especially after finding someone willing to give me a Scoby (symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast) But it is pretty easy to grow one as well. There are lots of videos on youtube on how to make it and about the benefits. Also everywhere in the internet.

I lifted this morning. It was a very nice workout, 4 sets of each exercise, since I didn't have to rush it. I love to be able to do longer workouts on Sat mornings when I have the time.

Have an awesome Saturday!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hey cool kids,

Saturday night and I am posting!

Just chilling after a somewhat easy day. Didn't get all that I wanted to get done, so am hoping I can cram some stuff in tomorrow.

Alf - what a nice thing to say. I don't always feel so positive, but all of you do inspire me to keep going, so thank you for that.

Beeps - glad those stitches are gone.

Ruby - I travelled your way for years when I attended my running camp in MN. I would go through WI as I wanted to hit Minneapolis before I headed to camp. :-)

Welcome Kimberly. FR on it's way.

I never did get my w/o yesterday. After the IWD dinner, which was amazing BTW, my friends and I went out for a drink / visit. :happy:
    Did finally get my run in today! And I felt GOOD. :bigsmile:
  • FancyPantsFran
    Options
    Happy Sunday All. Ran my first 5k yesterday! Had a blast!!!! Had to stop and walk a few times but I finished and my time wasn't too bad either 43 minutes. Relaxing today. Going to take a nice walk while the sun is still out here. Hope everyone has a great day!!!