Ever wonder if the picture people post are really them?

Options

Replies

• lauriebeakley1
    Options
    My pic is really me. I never thought to use one of someone else because I'm here to lose weight. I figure if I can admit on a public website that I need to lose weight I might as well let everyone there see who I am, too! For other people, I can't say I've thought about it.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Meh. Some people like to post pics that inspire them. I personally like to post pics of my legs because I'm most proud of them.
  • fificrazy
    fificrazy Posts: 234
    Options
    "Left click -> Search Google for this image"

It's worked a few times. It'd work for mine!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I'm told I have a nice smile.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    It's me. I seem to get random friend requests... which must be due to my cuteness. I accept them all, but I don't really interact on people's walls, that I don't know... so, it's kind of pointless.
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Mine is me - really! lol
  • jeffsweightloss
    jeffsweightloss Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Besides, I'm here 2 better myself n my life. I don't care who judges me. My family, friends, n mfp peep's ..those r the 1's I care about!
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I can assure you, my profile pic is REALLY me!
  • Sdsurney
    Sdsurney Posts: 3
    Options
    Interesting question!
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    As Popeye would say "I yam what I yam".

But to answer your question yes I have wondered about that in a few cases...
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I think some of the people are here are just using stock photos or photos they found on the internet.

I know, it's sickening.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I think some of the people are here are just using stock photos or photos they found on the internet.

I know, it's sickening.
    Haha!!!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    My current profile is one of my cats most embarrassing moments. Poor little guy was looking at me as if to say "forcible cuddling, I did not authorize this!" I have a photo of myself in my profile, but to be honest, I feel more comfortable not having my face out there for everyone. Some are happy to share their own pic, others use a photo of someone they aspire to look like. Personal preference, and I really don't worry too much about other people's pics.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I don't really care. It is, of course, nice to put a face to the person if on my friend list but I have never sat and wondered if someone's profile picture is actually them... I am too busy reading, learning more or assisting others while here. All my photos are of myself. I would see a point using images of someone else, as the only person I can ever be is myself.
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm shy so I don't use my own picture. Those are my favorite flowers though, lol. I have no vested interest in whether or not other people's pictures are actually them.
  • archaichoney
    archaichoney Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of what I have earned with my hard work. So I show it off.
  • EmilyT1994
    Options
    I do wonder sometimes.
    But then I tell myself to stop making excuses, the pictures are real and I'm a failure if I don't end up like that.
  • lesteidel
    lesteidel Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I don't think it really matters in the long run.

But in response to the good ab pics, I would be willing to bet a lot of men who do have good abs are in tight control of what they eat, way more so than I ever have been with just dieting haha.

All sorts of people use this site, not just the overweight,

Some people use their real photo, some use he photo of what they want to be like, and some use a photo of nothing at all.

My picture is me. Well sideways,. When I first joined I used a stock picture off of google though,

I don't think it really matters if the person in the pic is that person or not. It's not like this is a dating site
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Some people are private
    Some people show off their progress
    And some people use stock pics to catfish.
  • quietair
    quietair Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I use my own, for good or ill. I do wonder about others' sometimes, but I'm not sure it matters in the end. Encouragement is encouragement just as negativity is negativity.

Speaking of which... I just started here, I'm down to get a few friends, and I'm not here to hit on anyone. Send me friend requests, strength in numbers! :)