Meal Plan - How much have you paid?

Options

Replies

• justsalad
    justsalad Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I get the need for variety too

I like to look at women's day month of menus ideas. a different meal for each day of the month and every month is different too

plus its free and has shopping lists

http://www.womansday.com/food-recipes/month-of-menus/

That's awesome, I will check that out, thanks!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Why are you paying for something you can get for free?
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I just looked where you live. (my former province) there should be many companies available near you that could offer you a better deal. I think you def paid too much and for no variety? Can you cancel it?

Do some research and see what is available online and in your area. Also if you are an RN that works in a hospital talk to the cafeteria and see if you can prepay for meals to be prepared to go? I mean they are already making food....just a thought
  • TeeJayInc
    TeeJayInc Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Nutrisystem gives you 28 breakfast meals, lunch meals, dinner meals, and desserts for about $240 and you actually get the food!!! I'd fight to get my money back if I were you. Looking at your work and commute schedule nutrisystem may be exactly what you need too!
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    If it was me, I would have said something at the time she gave those to me. Refused the product.

Now, you can call or see her and complain to which she'll most likely say, "you knew what you were paying for".

At this point, you can stop the program and paying her anymore money. If there's a contract, you "MIGHT" have to have an attorney look at the fine print and make sure you're not stuck paying her for nothing you will use.

Then, take some time and start making your own sensible food plan from people on MFP, searching the internet, talking to people at the gym, etc, etc for ideas. Make a plan with new meals each day so you don't get bored. Yes, it will be harder then paying someone to do it for you but in reality, were you planning on paying her for the rest of your life?

There's no better day then today to learn how to eat right. Get started.
  • justsalad
    Options
    Nutrisystem gives you 28 breakfast meals, lunch meals, dinner meals, and desserts for about $240 and you actually get the food!!! I'd fight to get my money back if I were you. Looking at your work and commute schedule nutrisystem may be exactly what you need too!

I'm not trying to get my money back or anything like that, was just curious if anyone else had paid for a meal plan and what they got for it if they had. That was basically it.

I'd never heard of Nutrisystem prior.
  • p00ki3nb00
    p00ki3nb00 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've paid for several meal plans from different nutritionists. The most I've paid was $25, and I got A TON OF INFO as well. A shopping list, meals to prepare, workouts to include. I won't pay more than $25. You were ripped off!
  • justsalad
    Options
    If it was me, I would have said something at the time she gave those to me. Refused the product.

Now, you can call or see her and complain to which she'll most likely say, "you knew what you were paying for".

At this point, you can stop the program and paying her anymore money. If there's a contract, you "MIGHT" have to have an attorney look at the fine print and make sure you're not stuck paying her for nothing you will use.

Then, take some time and start making your own sensible food plan from people on MFP, searching the internet, talking to people at the gym, etc, etc for ideas. Make a plan with new meals each day so you don't get bored. Yes, it will be harder then paying someone to do it for you but in reality, were you planning on paying her for the rest of your life?

Not trying to get my money back, as I've mentioned a few times. What's done is done and that's my own problem. There is no contract or obligations.

Was just curious if anyone else had paid for a meal plan prior, and what they had received for it, was all.

I was planning on paying for a while - and was under the impression of course that I'd be receiving something different - until I got enough meal ideas to do it on my own. It's a learning experience, my first (and only time) paying for assistance in the meal department. I was bored eating the same things repeatedly was all. I know I tend to deviate from my clean eating, when I get bored, I thought I could use the assistance.

Thank you for the advice :)
  • susie3g
    susie3g Posts: 267
    Options
    I can certainly understand why someone would pay for a meal plan, especially when you have limited time to work on such things. It took me quite awhile yesterday to come up with 7 meal ideas that would work for me and my family. However, I think the person that wrote out your meal plan has seriously overcharged you. I'm not sure what others would charge, but for $150, I would expect WAY more than 6 meal ideas. I'm sure you could buy a book for much cheaper with all kinds of meal plans laid out for you already. Not saying you should be on a specific diet but books like The South Beach Diet have meals laid out. That doesn't help you now, but it might help you later.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people who prepare or pre-prepare meals for the week on the weekend so all they have to do with warm them up or pop them in the oven. A slow cooker is a must if you are going to do that.

Btw, I work two jobs, have four dogs to take care of and am training my horse yet I find time to workout and cook so it can be done, it's not easy.
  • justsalad
    Options
    I just looked where you live. (my former province) there should be many companies available near you that could offer you a better deal. I think you def paid too much and for no variety? Can you cancel it?

Do some research and see what is available online and in your area. Also if you are an RN that works in a hospital talk to the cafeteria and see if you can prepay for meals to be prepared to go? I mean they are already making food....just a thought

Yeah I'm noticing I didn't that it was my own 'judgment' error - and I'm not trying to get my money back or anything. There is no contract or anything like that, so it's simply a learning experience for me, moving forward of course.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Convenience. She only has like 4 hours in the day to have a life, so it's pretty amazing that she takes the time to cook.
  • justsalad
    Options
    I know a lot of people who prepare or pre-prepare meals for the week on the weekend so all they have to do with warm them up or pop them in the oven. A slow cooker is a must if you are going to do that.

Btw, I work two jobs, have four dogs to take care of and am training my horse yet I find time to workout and cook so it can be done, it's not easy.

yeah I still stack the gym in there on lunch breaks and such, and kudos to you for all your hard work :) I will definitely be taking a look into a slow cooker!
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    Options
    I paid nothing for my meal plans as I make them myself. I'll be blunt, but if you don't have the motivation to meal prep, then it's going to be ridiculously hard to lose whatever weight you want and/or gain muscle. If this is something you want, then you need to step up and work for it girl!! Get on any of the sites suggested, or even hop onto Pinterest and search for "meal plans" or "healthy meal ideas" or anything in that ballpark. Set aside some time to plan for the week or however long. Once you get into the habit of it it becomes much easier and less frustrating :)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Not trying to get my money back, as I've mentioned a few times. What's done is done and that's my own problem. There is no contract or obligations.

Was just curious if anyone else had paid for a meal plan prior, and what they had received for it, was all.

I was planning on paying for a while - and was under the impression of course that I'd be receiving something different - until I got enough meal ideas to do it on my own. It's a learning experience, my first (and only time) paying for assistance in the meal department. I was bored eating the same things repeatedly was all. I know I tend to deviate from my clean eating, when I get bored, I thought I could use the assistance.

Thank you for the advice :)

If you are "eating clean" then I'd DEFINITELY recommend the "Abs Diet Cookbook"
  • justsalad
    Options

Convenience. She only has like 4 hours in the day to have a life, so it's pretty amazing that she takes the time to cook.

yeah I was hoping to shop once a week, and try and make a bunch of meals and freeze them, or y'know, throw stuff together quickly by just putting a few things in Ziploc and off I go. I am just chalking this up to a learning experience :)
  • Kaitlyn811
    Kaitlyn811 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I paid $50 for eMeals (paleo dinners, "healthy" breakfasts and lunches) for a year.

I don't use it, I don't find it helpful. If I could give my membership to someone I would. I only wasted 50 and feel salty. Sorry about being ripped off :(
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

yeah I was hoping to shop once a week, and try and make a bunch of meals and freeze them, or y'know, throw stuff together quickly by just putting a few things in Ziploc and off I go. I am just chalking this up to a learning experience :)

I'm still confused as to how getting screwed is convenient
  • emilyann0310
    Options
    There seems to be a lot of unproductive posts in this thread.

Maybe you could try to use her meal plan as more of a general guideline and use substitutes like you already said she gave you some alternatives.

Like substitute a pork chop,shrimp, fish for the 4oz chicken breast. Or instead of using pb on the bread use a different type of nut spread or any other type of spread, like at my local Walmart there is very low calorie Pimento cheese spread. Instead of using only berries with your greek yogurt you could substitute different fruits.

Or even look at more like the amounts of food like the chicken breast and veggies, think of it like ok I can have 1 serving of meat/fish/ protein source and 1 serving of veggies. And you could also do it by the amount of calories it would be and substitute that way. Like if you figured out how many calories were in the greek yogurt and fruit and say it's 200 calories then try to find a healthy meal for 200 calories like oatmeal and fruit or eggs and vegetables. You can use it as a comparison guide for what size portions you should be eating.