Bra Sizes *ladies*

Options

Replies

• Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Yayz! I just got new bras last night!
    I was 42C, now I'm 40D. :) (At this rate I'm going to be 32G when I'm down my 80lbs. erk...)
  • midnightisolde
    midnightisolde Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I used to wear a 36B, but this was definitely wrong due to the bad bra fitting service at Marks and Spencer. I was probably a 34D at the most as my measurements were about 32.5 inches under bust and 38 inches bust. I now measure 30.5 inches under bust and 35 inches bust, so I now wear 32D or 32DD which fit properly, although that just goes to show that bra fitting is trial and error as if you were to go strictly by my measurements I would be a 32C. I could potentially try a 30DD/E in some brands a I found that some fit looser than others.
    These sizes are not actually that big in reality, but as many women wear the wrong sizes; some bra fitting places do not do good fittings and because celebrity bra sizes are often miss-reported, they are misrepresented as large. In reality, a D+ is only big if it is on a 34 band and upwards.

When fitting bras, don't add inches to the under bust measurement as this tends to make the band too loose and not give enough support, instead relying on the straps. That is why you get shoulder ache when wearing poorly fitting bras. If you measure for example 32 inches under bust, then wear a 32 band. If you are between sizes, such as 33 inches, try both a 32 and 34 band. Then the difference between this and your bust measurement will be the cup size, although it is a good idea to try a few different sizes rather than stick to one. It will feel tight at first if you are not accustomed to it, but you will soon find that you cannot go back to your old bras because you will know that they are giving no support.

Edit: Lean forward when measuring bust measurement. I measure 35 inches when stood up but 37 inches when leaning forward so that explains why I fit a 32D/DD and not a 32C. This, considered, when I try a 30 band I'll have to try maybe a 30E/F.
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest (230) I was wearing a 42D. I know it was the wrong size for me but, hey, it worked...I guess.

Currently (177) I am wearing a 36FF that I got fitted for. Wrapping my head around the FF took a little while. I must have been a G or something earlier because "the girls" are smaller than when I was wearing the D.
  • JoJo__Fit
    JoJo__Fit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Start: 5'4 160lbs
    Bra size : 36 DD

Now: 138 lbs
    Bra size: 34 DD
  • SashleyA
    SashleyA Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Height- 5'2"
    SW- 156
    CW-141
    GW-135

Bra size has not changed, 36C. I've dropped a pant size and almost 3 inches off my waist and nothing in the breast area. The last time I lost weight, I gained a cup size. It was weird, but probably due to a birth control switch. For reference btw- at my lowest weight ever, which was a very muscular 120, I was a 36 A and was 15/16, so not fully developed. I don't carry much weight on my rib cage apparently.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'1''
    SW - 180
    CW - 126
    GW - 130 (Yeah, below goal, lol. Losing safety pounds).

Starting bra size: 40C
    Current size: 32DD

I'm not sure if my starting size was correct, as I had only sized myself - I think I might have been a 38 instead of a 40, but still, I dropped some weight off my ribs, lol.
  • emmajaney
    emmajaney Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey

At my highest weight of 168 I was a 36F

At my lowest I was 126 and a 32C

And now Im 149 and a size 34E
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    5'6", started at 210 pounds and 38G, currently at 142 pounds and 32G.
  • allysteven880
    Options
    I have
    height:5'1''
    weight: 65
    Before size: 36
    now: 32 size
  • pangepange
    pangepange Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I wore a 38DDDD for years @ 160, and my body confidence was terrible because it just didn't fit properly. Getting fitted for a 38H at the time was the biggest game changer for my self esteem. My boobs looked smaller in the proper fit. :)

A few years ago, I lost about 30 pounds and was down to a 32FF.

I gained the weight back and more, going up to 165 lbs, but a healthier 165 at least (combination of a little muscle mass and fat, instead of just purely fat the first time). I'm fitted in a 34HH right now.

I really hope my bra size doesn't fluctuate for a while because I have a few lovely Panache sports bras in this size and they are so comfortable for running!
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    5'10"
    starting weight 180 - 36 D
    current weight 136 - 34 A :|

oh well I rather have a flat stomach than a big chest lol too bad I can't both ha
  • S1inky
    S1inky Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i'm 5' 3" and this is another reason to lose weight. As as you get wider the manufactureres think your boobs separate and or the cups need enlarging. Sooo not helpful. I resorted to buying them too small and buying the extender thingys. This - I recommend.

Obviously this tactic is useless with swimwear So just buy cheapo bikinis - much more flattering and when you are in the water no one is looking. If they are - well... it serves them right..LOL.:laugh:
  • NatWillBeSkinny
    NatWillBeSkinny Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    at my highest weight of 12st7lb my boobers were 38D and now at 10st9 they are 34D so not much change yet hoping they get smaller tho as im only 4ft 9 and they create alot of unwanted attention lol
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    42D

Lost 100+ lbs.

36B

They really hung on for awhile but one month, *poof*, they disappeard.
  • Britt2fit18
    Britt2fit18 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    height- 5'4
    SW: 198
    CW: 161

SBZ: 38DDD
    CBZ: 38D
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'6
    SW: 188
    CW: 127

Starting bra size: 38D - 36DD
    Current bra size: 34A

They aren't pretty :( But I prefer to have visible abs and low body fat than big boobs. Can't have it all!
  • ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    don't know, don't care...
    Just want the girls to stick out further than my gut :huh: